Smart Ration Card
Government has taken great initiative by replacing the normal ration card with Smart Ration Card in (TN, Maharashtra, UP, Punjab). Smart Ration Card scheme is basically for offering food grains to people at subsidized rate. Individuals are suggested to download Smart Ration Card for their state, contains family members details along with Aadhaar Card as well as pension identity number details.
Through Ration cards, economically weaker families will get all the essential requirements for their living. Ration cards also serve as identity proof, accepted by all other Government departments. By the help of technology and digitization, the government has started issuing Smart Ration Cards in different states.
Normal Ration Card contains only the name and age of the family members but these smart ration cards will contain all details of the family. Once approved for the smart ration card, the card holder will receive a PIN on their registered mobile number and after showing this PIN Number to the distribution center, they will get their Smart Ration Card.
Smart Ration Card
Smart Ration Card Scheme under NFSA
- No. of beneficiaries 1.42 Crore
- Eldest Woman will be the family head.
- Wheat will be given at Rs. 2/- per KG and will be delivered in 30 kg standard packing
- The distribution of the receiver will be done by the department at the doorway directly.
- The beneficiary gets to keep the wheat bags in which he gets the grains.
- The beneficiary can go to the consumer court, if he does not get wheat as per his entitlement.
- The department officials, Beneficiary, Transporter, Gram Panchayat, Nigrani Committee – all will work in coordination for wheat expenditure.
- No upper cap. Every member gets five kg wheat per month.
- Through Smart ration card, the holders of ration card will be able to take advantage of the facilities of computerized public distribution system.
- Smart Ration Card will be linked with Aadhar card to prevent fraud in distribution of cheap ration.
- This card will have a QR card by which ration can be taken at concessional rates.
- Through Smart Ration Card, it will be identified whether the eligible consumer has taken ration or not.
- Now with these cards left, fraud and corruption will be prevented.
State Wise Implementation
To improve the status of Public Distribution System (PDS), smart ration cards are implemented. Some states like Gujarat, Kerala and Tamil Nadu has implemented this system. This card looks similar to the swipe card or credit card that we used for shopping purpose to get grocery items from Fair Price Shop’s (FPS).
TN Smart Ration Card
Due to rise in the expansion in technology field, Tamil Nadu Government has launched Smart Ration Cards along with a mobile application through which people can know the nearest ration shops and stores. Earlier, the ration card contains name of husband as the head of the family but in this new card, wife’s name will be given as the head of the family.
Different Digital Ration Cards in Tamil Nadu:
Four Tamil Nadu residents, there are four types of ration cards which are as follows:
|Light Green Card
|Valid for buying rice in Fair Price Shops
|Valid for the Purchase of an additional 3 kg of rice over and above the prescribed amount
|Issued only to police officers if they have an inspector rank or higher
|No goods card
|No goods card is given to people who cannot take goods from the ration bags.
Check Out: Ration Card Renewal (State Wise)
Smart Ration Card Punjab – Replacing Blue Cards with Smart Ration Cards
Punjab Government is also replacing the old cards with smart ration cards. Punjab’s Food Supplies Minister has told that food grain is distributed twice a year i.e. in the month of March and September. In March month, food grains are distributed via old ration cards but now in September month, it should be distributed through new Smart Ration Cards.
UP Smart Ration Card
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has made an announcement to start Smart Ration Card Yojana and for this online registration has also been started. The size of ration card is not very large, as it looks similar to like an ATM Card. In order to stop fake ration cards, UP CM has taken this decision to make computerized smart cards.
Know Here: How To Apply Online/Offline For Ration Card
Maharashtra Smart Ration Card
In Maharashtra, the state government has introduced tri color smart ration card.
Yellow Ration Cards
These are issued to families that come under Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
Saffron Ration Cards
Families having yearly income of more than Rs.15,000 and less than 1 lakh.
White Ration Cards
Families having annual income of Rs. 1 Lakh or above can apply for it.
- Voter ID
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Original copy of Passport
- Eletricity Bill
- Residence proof
- Driving License
Advantage of Using स्मार्ट राशन कार्ड
The main advantage of Using स्मार्ट राशन कार्ड is due to the current PDS system. Public Distribution System is taken into criticization for giving priority to urban people and failure to poor sections of the population. Ration Card is also considered as an identity proof that is accepted by various Government Departments.
Read Online Process: How to Change Address in Ration Card
Smart Ration Card Download Process
- To apply for Smart Ration Card Application Form, candidates need to visit state wise official website of Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
- After that, press on “Smart Ration Card” link.
- Then enter the details and affix your photograph, upload residence proof and other necessary documents.
- Press on “Submit” button and you will receive a Reference Number.
- Reference Number is used to check the status of ration card.
Updating Smart Ration Card
- For making an updation in smart card, candidate’s need to press on “Correction of Details” after logging into the official website.
- Then, enter the registered mobile number, an OTP will be received.
- After entering the OTP, make the required changes and affix the photograph.
- Reference Number will be received in order to check the status.
Check Smart Ration Card Status:
To check your Smart Ration Card Status, you must:
- Visit the official website of particular state.
- Press on the application status option
- Afterwards a window will be opened asking essential details.
- Enter your registration number.
- Press the submit button
- Lastly, your application status will be displayed on the screen.
Make Changes in Smart Ration Card:
To make changes in your Smart Ration Card, you must:
- Logon to the official website of state
- Hit the beneficiary button
- Afterwards, enter your registered mobile number and request an OTP
- Then you need to enter the OTP
- Within few seconds your profile will be displayed.
- Press the Smart Card details button
- Edit the required details
- Hit the approval button
- In the last step you need to save the new PDF
Add a New Family Member in Ration Card:
If you want to add a new family member, follow the steps given below:
- In the very first step, you need to visit the official website
- After that you need to choose the “Add Member” option from the Smart Card Related services tab
- Thirdly, a form will be displayed.
- Then you need to enter the relevant details in the data fields
- Now, enter the CAPTCHA code
- Press the submit button.
- The process to add a new family member will be completed.
Candidates must read all details related to Smart Ration Card from this page which is written by the team of recruitmentresult.com If you have any query regarding this, comment on the below section, we will solve it as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On