Indian Railways Station Master Salary
Lakhs of candidates apply to get recruited for the Railway Station Master Job on yearly basis. Indian Railways Station Master Job is one of the most desirable posts for the aspirants. Indian Railways Station Master Salary has been upgraded after the execution of 7th Pay Commission (CPC). If you are willing to make your career in Railway Sector then must look at Station Master Pay Scale on below page.
Station Master formerly known as ASM has a training period of 78 days with 5 years bond. During training Indian Railways Station Master Salaries is Grade Pay Rs. 2800/- and after training they get Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-. The basic pay obtained by the candidates appointed for the Railway Station Master Post is Rs.36,500/ in addition to several perks.
Station Master formerly known as ASM has a training period of 78 days with 5 years bond. During training Indian Railways Station Master Salaries is Grade Pay Rs. 2800/- and after training they get Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-.
Station Master Salary
Station Master Salary – Complete Details:
|Basic Pay||Rs. 35400/-|
|DA TPA||Rs. 90|
|X Class City||24%= Rs. 8496|
|Y Class City||16%= Rs. 5664|
|Z Class City||8%= Rs. 2832|
|X Class City||Rs. 50,255|
|Y Class City||Rs. 47,424|
|Z Class City||Rs. 44,592|
|NPS 10% of (3)||Rs. 3,717|
|Professional Tax||Rs. 250|
|Total Deduction||Rs. 3997|
|In Hand Salary:|
|X Class City||Rs. 46,260|
|Y Class City||Rs. 43,320|
|Z Class City||Rs. 40,580|
|Night duty allowance||Rs. 2700 per month|
|Travelling Allowances and others||–|
7th CPC Railways Station Master Salary
Railway Station Master being the senior position in Indian Railway is overall incharge of the Railway Station. The new and revised pay (salary) for the Railway Station Master is provided on this page.
Candidates who want to know more in regards with Indian Railways Station Master Salary they can go through below section of this page which is well created by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Read Here About: Railway Salary Package
Station Master Salary
As per the 7th Pay Commission, Asst Station Master after up gradation as Station Master will be able to receive higher grade pay. So, here below we have provided Station Master Salary in Indian Railway on below page. Have a look…
Indian Railways Station Master Salary
As per 7th Pay Commission
|Pay Scale||Rs. 5200 – Rs. 20200|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 2800|
|Initial Pay||Rs. 8560|
|Total Pay||Rs. 11360 + other allowances|
Expected Pay Scale of Station Master in 7th Pay Commission
|Pay Scale||Rs. 15600 – Rs. 60600|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 8400|
|Entry Pay||Rs. 34080|
Check Here: Career In Indian Railway
Indian Railways Station Master Allowance:
Along with the Indian Railways Station Master Salaries, Indian Railways also provide bucket of benefits to their employees. Such as:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Running Allowance (Based on the km travelled)
- Travelling Allowance
- New Pension Scheme (10% Deduction)
- Night Duty Allowance
- Over Time Allowance (OTA)
- Compensation on Holidays
- Travelling Card issued by Indian Railways for the employee and his / her family members.
- Daily Allowance along with mileage allowance for a local journey of more than 8 Km.
- Special Child Care allowances for Women and PWD employees
- Educational Allowances for children of the employees
- Special Compensatory Allowance (for special job locations)
Get Details of: RRB Recruitment
Station Master Job Profile:
|Name of the Post||Station Master (SM) formerly ASM|
|Training Period||78 Days (Earlier 2 Years)|
|Salary: During Training||Grade Pay Rs. 2800/-|
|After Training||Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-|
|1st Salary||Rs. 38,000/- (Approx)|
|Bond||5 Years Bond|
Indian Railway Station Master Job:
Assistant Station Master is on the senior position in Indian Railway who has to ensure that everything goes as per the rules laid out. He also have to operate the signals and to work in shifts. Generally each station has one SM, though bigger stations may have more than one Station Master.
Job Profile of RRB NTPC Station Master (SM)
- A Station Master (SM) is in charge of running trains at a station.
- Station Master operates the signals and makes sure that everything goes as per the rules.
- It is the ultimate job of the station master, to keep all the passenger services fit & fine at his station, and makes sure the rail traveller do not face any problem.
- He is also obliged to take care of passengers, boarding/ deboarding trains from his station.
- A Station Master (ASM) has to work in shifts.
- He is also responsible for upkeep as well as cleanliness of the station.
- Station Masters are assigned with commercial jobs like ticket/parcel booking, reservation etc at small stations.
- They are also supposed to help the rail traveller in all respect.
- In case of any exigencies/ accident, the Station Master plays the role of manager at his station and takes care of rescue operation etc
Career or Promotions in Station Master Job:
Assistant Station Master Job is highly reputed among the Indian Railways. It comes with a lot of responsibilities and assignments. The promotion of Indian Railways employees, based on respective years of experience. A candidate employed as an Assistant Station Master can be promoted to Divisional Operation Master (DOM) posts. Here is a complete hierarchy of Assistant Station Master (ASM) employees: Assistant Station Master will get the career growth as shown below:
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) è
- Station Master (SM) è
- Station Superintendent (SS) è
- Assistant Operations Manager è
- Divisional Operations Manager è
We hope that you are satisfied with Indian Railways Station Master Salary as provided on this page.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Indian Railway Eligibility Criteria||RRB Admit Card|
|RRB Result||RRB Sample Paper|
|RRB Exam Dates||Railway Books|
|RRB Syllabus||Upcoming Railway Jobs|