CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
CBSE 10th board exams had started and first examination was on 05-03-2018 and the last will be on 04-04-2018. Students looking for CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for the remaining papers can get help from this page.
Still 04 Examination are going to be held. Here we are providing CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018 for subjects left that are English, Science, SST, and Maths. Students may also download CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018 PDF with the help of links given below.
This Page Includes:
- CBSE Math Syllabus For 10th
- CBSE 10th Science Syllabus
- CBSE Social Science Syllabus for 10th
- CBSE Class 10th English Syllabus
- CBSE Class 10th Hindi Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Exam Descriptions!!!
Along with the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10th we have also given the analysis of examinations completed. Students are advised to go through the details and avail most of the benefit.
Interested Students going to appear for Board Exams can download CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018 Board Curriculum Exam Volume I/II of All Subjects PDF by hitting the links provided on below segment of this page.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
- According to the information gathered, a total of 16,38,428 candidates have registered for Class 10 examination
- The CBSE 10th Examination is being organized at 4,453 centers across India and 78 centers outside India.
- Next Examination is of English and students will sit for English paper on March 12.
- The class 10 exams will end on April 4 (Including all Vocational)
Read Here: Ways to Improve Math Skills For Board
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 PDF
CBSE syllabus for class 1 to 10 free downloads is available for all important subjects like General Science, Social Science, Mathematics, English and Hindi is available on this single page.
To score good marks, candidates may get the online PDF of the latest CBSE Class 10 Exam Syllabus for all Subjects through visiting the underneath section of this page which is well created by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
CBSE Class X Syllabus
Every student must go through CBSE New Syllabus for class 10 before he/she start preparing for the 10th Board Examination. It will make your exam preparation easier and help you to manage your time and study in organized manner.
CBSE Syllabus for class 10 Maths
Maths Examination is going to be held on 28-03-2018. This will be the last examination. Detailed syllabus for Mathematics is available below.
MCQ, very short answer type, short answer type and long answer type questions are in the list which further subdivided into number of questions. Syllabus for term 1 comprises of five units while term 2 syllabus contains Six units. 80 marks are distributed for theory and 10 marks for practical (lab activities).
|First Term Units (SA-I)||Marks|
|VII.||STATISTICS & PROBABILITY||11|
Want to Know? Tips in Mind When Making Routine for Board Exam
The Question Paper includes value based question to the extent of 3-5 marks.
- As per CCE guidelines, the syllabus of Mathematics for classes IX and X has been divided term wise.
- The units specified for each term will be assessed through both formative and summative assessment.
- In each term, there will be two formative assessments, each carrying 10% weightage.
- The summative assessment in term I will carry 30% weightage and the summative assessment in the term II will carry 30% weightage.
Get Here>> CBSE 10th Maths Syllabus
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
Science Examination will be held on 16.03.2018. Students want to avail the exact 10th Science Syllabus must take a look over this page.
Science is the foundation of all competitive world so we put it in special category. Course structure for term 1 and term 2 is given below. Term 1 syllabus contains chapters like Chemical substance nature and behavior, World of living, etc.
Term 2 syllabus contains chapters of chemical substance nature and behavior, world of living, natural phenomena and natural resources. Practical subjects for both terms are linked, please check out the same.
- There will be an Annual examination based on entire syllabus
- The annual examination will be of 80 marks and 20 marks weightage shall be for internal assessment
- Out of 80 marks annual examination, 68 marks weightage shall be for theory and 12 marks weightage shall be for practical based questions.
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
|I||Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour||25|
|II||World of Living||23|
|IV||Effects of Current||13|
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
CBSE Science Syllabus Contents:
Unit I : Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Chemical reactions
- Acids, bases and salts
- Metals and nonmetals :
- Carbon compounds :
- Periodic classification of elements
Unit II : World of Living
- Life processes
- Control and co-ordination in animals and plants
- Heredity and Evolution
Check Here: CBSE Books
Unit III : Natural Phenomena
- Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, centre of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required), magnification.
- Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index.
- Refraction of light by spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula (Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
- Functioning of a lens in human eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses.
- Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in daily life.
Unit IV : Effects of Current
- Electric current, potential difference and electric current
- Magnetic effects of current :
Unit V : Natural Resources (20 Periods)
- Sources of energy
- Out environment
- Management of natural resources
Check Here: CBSE Sample Papers
First Term Practicals:
|Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper / universal indicator:|
Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl&NaOH) by their reaction with:
|Performing and observing the following reactions and classifying them into :|
1) Action of water on quick lime
Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions :
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determine its resistance. Also plotting a graph between V and I.
Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
|Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.|
Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
|Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid) :|
|Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.|
Determination of the focal length of :
Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
|Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast with the help of prepared slides.|
|Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass prism.|
|Finding the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams to show the nature of image formed.|
Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or redkidney bean).
Get here>> Detailed CBSE 10th Science Syllabus PDF
CBSE Syllabus for class 10 Social Science
On 22.03.2018, Class 10th Social Science Examination will be conducted. Course content of Class 10th Syllabus is available below, students are advised to take the information seriously.
Social Science is not also an easy subject. While talking about the course content,A student of St Anne’s Convent School, Sector 32, Gurmanpreet Kaur said“We should have been given more holidays before the social science exam. We have to prepare 23 chapters in just one day.”
To help students in completing the Social Science Examination in a single day we have given the Class 10 board Social Science Syllabus.
Read Also:- Tips to Score More Than 90% In Boards
|I||India and the Contemporary World – I||20||60|
|II||Contemporary India – II||20||55|
|III||Democratic Politics – II||20||50|
|IV||Understanding Economic Development||20||50|
Things Keep In Mind: To Prepare For Board Exams In 1 Month
Class 10th Social Science Syllabus:
India and the Contemporary World-II
- The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
- The Nationalist Movement in Indo- China
- Nationalism in India
- The making of a Global World
- The Age of Industrialization
- Work, Life & Leisure
- Print Culture and the Modern World
- Novels, Society and History
Contemporary India – II
- Resources and Development
- Water Resources
- Minerals and Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries
- Life Lines of National Economy
Democratic Politics – II
- Power Sharing & Federalism
- Democracy and Diversity & Gender, Religion and Caste
- Popular Struggles and Movements Political Parties
- Outcomes of Democracy
- Sectors of the Indian Economy
- Money and Credit
- Role of money in an economy
- Globalisation and the Indian Economy
- Consumer Rights
Get here>> Class 10th Social Science Syllabus PDF
CBSE Syllabus for class 10 English
Next Examination is of English and it is going to be held on 12.03.2018. Students must be busy in preparing for the subject. To make the preparation a slight easier we are providing the detailed Class 10th English Syllabus along with PDF link.
Syllabus contains 4 sections namely Reading skill, Writing skill with grammar, Literature textbooks and extended reading test, Assessment of listening and speaking which covers 90 marks and 10 marks for practical.
Reference books are:
- Main Course Book (Revised Edition),
- Workbook (Revised Edition),
- Literature Reader (Revised Edition)
Extended reading text (either one) :
- Diary of a Young Girl – 1947 by Anne Frank (unabridged edition)
- The Story of My Life – 1903 by Helen Keller(unabridged edition
Section-Wise Weightage in English Communicative
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar||30|
|C||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||30|
Must Go Through: Strategies To Score Highest Marks
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English Language and Literature
It includes the literature part and grammar. Reference books are:
- Published by NCERT, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi
- FIRST FLIGHT – Text for Class X
- Footprints without feet – Supplementary Reader for Class X
Extended reading text (either one):
- Diary of a Young Girl – 1947 by Anne Frank (unabridged edition)
- The Story of My Life – 1903 by Helen Keller(unabridged edition)
Get Here: CBSE Guess Papers
English Language and Literature Course
|Main Course Book|
|Extended Reading Texts – (either one)|
Want to Know? Big Changes in CBSE Exam Pattern
Some Books which Published by CBSE, New Delhi:
|Interact in English Series||Extended Reading Texts (either one)|
|Main Course Book (Revised Edition)||Diary of a Young Girl – 1947 by Anne Frank (unabridged edition), Published by CBSE|
|Workbook (Revised Edition) Literature Reader (Revised Edition)||The Story of My Life – 1903 by Helen Keller (unabridged edition)|
Get here>> CBSE 10th English Syllabus PDF
CBSE Syllabus for class 10 Hindi
Recently on 6th march 2018 the Hindi 10th Board Examination conducted. According to the sources, students appeared in 10th ClassHindi Examination after 07 years Gap said that it wasdifficult to understand a few questions in the Hindi paper, but everything included from NCERT textbooks.
A Class-10 student of Vivek High School, Sector 38, Hardik, said, “The paper was easy. Nothing was out of syllabus and questions were from the National Council of Educational Research and Training books. However, preparing for the entire syllabus was difficult.”
It is divided in 4 parts for term 1 and term 2, which are Apathitbodh, vyakarana, pathyapustak and lekhan. Formative exam F1, F2 for term 1 and F3, F4 for term 2 which contains 20 marks each.
Reference books are Kshitij part 2 and Kritika part 2. Students are requested to download this link for proper update.
Check Also: List of CBSE Schools
How to Become: Fearless During Board Exam
CBSE Syllabus class-10 Hindi B
Get here>> CBSE 10th Syllabus Hindi
CBSE Language Course
There are several language course that are available for Class 10th Students, List of those Language is:
|Tibetan||Urdu (Course-A)||Urdu (Course-B)|
Get here>>CBSE 10th Language Syllabus (Volume 1)
Get here>>CBSE 10th Language Syllabus (Volume 2)
Candidates can go through this Official Link to get detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018. Aspirants can bookmark this web page by hitting CTRL+D.
Candidates may subscribe our free e-mail service to grab latest updates regarding CBSE Class 10 Final Exam Syllabus into your mailbox. You may also follow us on Facebook or Google plus to fetch updated details on your timeline wall.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On