CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
Check Updated CBSE Class 10 Syllabus from here!!! Central Board of Secondary Education has released CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018 for those candidates, who are appearing in CBSE Class 10th Board Exam. Candidates may get their CBSE Class 10 Curriculum 17 for Volume I/II. You can also download CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF of all subjects through visiting the official website of Central Board of Secondary Education. According to this, candidates may start their preparation with latest syllabus of Science/Maths & Other Subjects.
This page includes:
Central Board of Secondary Education organizes board examination for 10th standard one time in a year. To score good marks, candidates may get the online PDF of the latest CBSE Class 10 Exam Syllabus for all Subjects through visiting the underneath section of this page. You can obtain more information about CBSE Class 10th Board Exam Syllabus / CBSE Class 10 Syllabus from this page which is created by team of recruitmentresult.com.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
English Class 10th Syllabus
Section-Wise Weightage in English Communicative
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar||30|
|C||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||30|
English Language and Literature Course
|1. Two Gentlemen of Verona|
2 Mrs. Packletide’s Tiger
3. The Letter
4. A Shady Plot
5. Patol Babu
6. Virtually True
|1. The Frog and the Nightingale|
3. Not Marble, nor the Gilded Monuments
5. The Rime of Ancient Mariner
|1. The Dear Departed|
2. Julius Caesar
|Main Course Book|
|Extended Reading Texts – (either one)|
Want to Know? How to Prepare for English
Some Books which Published by CBSE, New Delhi:
|Interact in English Series||Extended Reading Texts (either one)|
|Main Course Book (Revised Edition)||Diary of a Young Girl – 1947 by Anne Frank (unabridged edition), Published by CBSE|
|Workbook (Revised Edition) Literature Reader (Revised Edition)||The Story of My Life – 1903 by Helen Keller (unabridged edition)|
Secondary School Curriculum 2017-18: Main Subjects/Volume-I English: Get PDF
Secondary School Curriculum 2017-18: Languages/Volume-II English: Get PDF
Science Class 10th Syllabus
|First Term Units||Marks|
|II.||World of Living||21|
|III.||Effects of Current||29|
|Second Term Units|
|I.||Chemical Substances – Nature & Behaviour||23|
|II.||World of Living||30|
Read Now: Health Hazards due to over Studying
First Term Practicals:
1. To find the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
- Dilute Hydrochloric Acid
- Dilute NaOH solution
- Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution
- Lemon juice
- Dilute Sodium Bicarbonate solution
2. To study the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) by their reaction with:
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
3. To perform and observe the following reactions and classify them into:
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- Action of water on quick lime
- Action of heat on ferrous sulphate crystals
- Iron nails kept in copper sulphate solution
- Reaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions
4. Arrange Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
Read Now: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
To observe the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
- ZnSO4 (aq)
- FeSO4 (aq)
- CuSO4 (aq)
- Al2(SO4)3 (aq)
5. To study the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determine its resistance. Also plot a graph between V and I.
6. To determine the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series.
7. To determine the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in parallel.
8. To prepare a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
9. To show experimentally that light is necessary for photosynthesis.
10. To show experimentally that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
Check Here: How To Find Online Study Material
Second Term Practicals:
- To study the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
- solubility in water
- effect on litmus
- reaction with sodium bicarbonate
- To study saponification reaction for preparation of soap.
- To study the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
- To determine the focal length of:
- Concave mirror,
- Convex lens,
by obtaining the image of a distant object.
- To trace the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
- To study (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast with the help of prepared slides
- To trace the path of the rays of light through a glass prism.
- To find the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and draw corresponding ray diagrams to show the nature of image formed.
- To study homology and analogy with the help of models/charts of animals and models/ charts/ specimens of plants.
- To identify the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
Mathematics Class 10th Syllabus
|First Term Units (SA-I)||Marks|
|Second Term Units (SA-II)||Marks|
- The Question Paper includes value based question to the extent of 3-5 marks.
- As per CCE guidelines, the syllabus of Mathematics for classes IX and X has been divided term wise.
- The units specified for each term will be assessed through both formative and summative assessment.
- In each term, there will be two formative assessments, each carrying 10% weightage.
- The summative assessment in term I will carry 30% weightage and the summative assessment in the term II will carry 30% weightage.
Read Here: How to Prepare for Maths
Social Science Class 10th Syllabus
|Unit||Topic||Term I||Term II|
|1||India and the Contemporary World II||23||23|
|2||India – Resources & their development||23||23|
|3||Democratic Politics II||22||22|
|4||Understanding Economic Development II||22||22|
Hindi B Class 10th Syllabus
Hindi A Class 10th Syllabus
For more details about CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2017 you may check this Official Link.
Candidates may subscribe our free e-mail service to grab latest updates regarding CBSE Class 10 Final Exam Syllabus into your mailbox. You may also follow us on Facebook or Google plus to fetch updated details on your timeline wall.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CBSE Syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Syllabus|
|CBSE Exam Pattern||CBSE Sample Papers|
|CBSE Improvement Forms||CBSE Admit Card|
|CBSE 11 Syllabus||CBSE Compartment Sample Papers|
|CBSE Guess Papers||How to Get in the Mood to Study|