TSPSC AEE Syllabus
Telangana Public Service Commission has recently made big changes in TSPSC AEE Syllabus. Download now updated TSPSC Assistant Executive Engineer Syllabus&Exam Pattern from this page. Aspirants, who’ve applied for TSPSC AEE Exam, are advised to start your preparation through TSPSC AEE New Syllabus. Through updated TSPSC AEE Syllabus 2018, you can begin your preparation in systematic way. So, check Telangana State Public Service Commission AEE Latest Syllabus from this page.
Telangana Public Service Commission organizes TSPSC AEE Recruitment Exam yearly for those candidates, who wish to grab Assistant Executive Engineer jobs in Irrigation Department. Applicants, who’re going to appear inTSPSC Assistant Executive EngineerExam, can download TSPSC AEE Syllabus For Civil and TSPSC AEE GS Syllabus through below provided direct link. To collect more information about TSPSC AEE 2018 Syllabus, you need to go through this page which is created by team of recruitmentresult.com.
TSPSC AEE Syllabus
TSPSC AEE General Studies Syllabus
- Current Affairs – Regional, National and International.
- International Affairs.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English, (10th class Standard)
TSPSC AEE Civil Syllabus
Building Materials And Construction
|Bricks– Types of Bricks, Indian standard classification, properties|
|Stones – Types of stones, classification, properties, dressing and polishing of stones|
|Methods of Quarrying|
|Cement – Different grades and types of cement, properties and IS specifications|
|Aggregates – coarse and fine aggregate, properties and IS specifications|
|Cement Mortar – Proportions of cement mortar for various applications|
|Concrete – Constituents of Concrete, Different grades of Concrete, mix proportioning using IS Code, Properties of fresh and hardened Concrete|
|Admixtures – Types of Admixtures|
Check Also: TSPSC AEE Recruitment
Strength of Materials And Theory of Structures
- Strength of Materials: Simple stresses and strains, elastic constants and relationship between them; Compound bars; Temperature stresses; Shear forces and bending moment diagrams for beams; Principal stresses and Mohr’s circle of stress, Theory of bending and bending stresses ; Shear stress distribution; Theory of torsion; Springs; Deflections of beams; Thin and thick cylinders;; Analysis of trusses, Betti-Maxwell theorem; Shear centre and unsymmetrical bending.
- Theory of Structures: Direct and bending stresses; Columns and struts; Strain energy method; Moving loads and influence lines; Arches and suspension bridges; Static and kinematic indeterminacy; Moment distribution, Slope deflection, and Kani’s methods applied to continuous beams and portal frames; Column analogy and matrix methods of analysis.
RCC and Steel Structures
Materials, permissible stresses and IS Specifications; Working stress methods; Limit State Method – Stress Blocks parameters, design of Beams, Slabs, Columns and Footing; Design for Shear and Torsion; Design of Retaining Walls, Water tanks, and T-Beam Slab bridges; Yield line theory.
Properties of steel sections, permissible stresses, IS Specifications; Riveted and welded joints and connections; Design of simple and compound Beams and Columns, Column bases, Roof trusses, Plate and Gantry Girders; Plate Girder Lattice Girder Railway bridges, and Bearings. Plastic analysis.
Basic concepts, material for pre-stressing, losses in Pre-stress, classification of pre-stressing system; Analysis of PSC Sections.
Get Here: TSPSC AEE Question Paper
Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Fluid Properties, Measurement of Pressure – Manometers
- Fluid Kinematics – Classification of Fluids, Stream function and Velocity potential, significance and use of Flownets, Fluid dynamics – Continuity equation, Bernoulli’s equations and Impulse momentum equation
- Laminar and Turbulent flow through pipes – significance of Reynolds number, Hagen – Poiseuille’s equation, Darcy – Weisbach equation, Friction factor, Water hammer phenomenon
- Compressible flow – Bernoulli’s equation for Isothermal and Adiabatic conditions, Mach Number, Mach cone, stagnation properties
- Steady uniform flow through open channels
- Gradually varied flows – significance of Froude number, classification and computation of Flow profiles, Hydraulic jump, Surges
- Boundary layer – Laminar and Turbulent Boundary layer, Boundary layer thickness, rough and smooth Boundaries, Boundary layer separation
- Dimensional analysis and similarity laws
- Hydraulic Turbines – classification, Velocity triangles, principles and design of reaction and impulse turbines
- Centrifugal pumps – specific speed, work done and efficiency, characteristic curves.
Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
Hydrological cycle; Rainfall – types and measurement, network design
|Infiltration – Ф- index; Runoff – process, factors and determination of runoff, dependable yield|
|Floods – flood hydrograph, computation of flood peak using rational formula, unit hydrograph method and Gumbel’s extreme value methods|
|Groundwater – types of aquifer and properties, Darcy’s law, specific yield, steady radial flow to wells in confined and unconfined aquifers|
|Irrigation – types and advantages, soil water plant relationship, consumptive use, duty, delta, base period, crops and their water requirements|
Single and multipurpose projects; Dams – classification, forces and design of Gravity dam and Earth dam
|Spillways – types, energy dissipation, stilling basin, Appurtenances; Canals – alignment, Kennedy’s and Lacey’s theories, lining of Canals|
|Weirs – components, design of vertical drop and sloping glacis weir; Seepage forces – Bligh’s Theory, Khosla’s theory|
|Canal falls – types and design principles; Cross drainage works – classification and design principles of aqueducts|
|Hydropower – classification and principle components of Hydroelectric power plants.|
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
- Water supply – objectives, rate of demand, population forecasts
- Analysis of water – classification, design of coagulation, sedimentation, filtration, disinfection and softening processes
- Methods of layout of distribution pipes – Hardy cross method
- Waste water engineering – systems of sewerage, hydraulic formulae and design of sewers, BOD, COD, self purification of natural streams, methods of sewage disposal
- Treatment of sewage – principles and design of grit chamber, sedimentation tanks, trickling filters, activated sludge process, sludge digestion tanks, septic tanks
- Municipal solid waste – characteristics, collection and transportation of solid wastes
- Air Pollution – types and sources of pollutants, air quality standards
- Noise pollution – Impacts and permissible limits, measurement and control of noise pollution.
Highway Classification as per IRC; Highway alignment; Engineering Surveys; Geometric Design; Cross sectional elements of road; Gradient; Grade compensation; Traffic Surveys – speed, Volumes, origin and destination; Highway capacity and level of service as per HCM 2000; Intersection – at grade and grade separated; Channelization; Rotary intersection; signal design – webstar method, traffic signs, pavement marking; Parking studies, accidental studies, pavement types, Factors considered for pavement design, flexible and rigid pavements design concepts.
Permanent way, rails, sleepers, ballast; Creep, coning of wheel, rail fixtures and fastenings, super elevation, cant deficiency, curves, turnout; Points and crossings.
Selection of site of Airport, runway orientation and design, wind rose diagram, basic run way length, correction to basic runway length.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics: Physical properties of soils, Classification and identification, Permeability, Capillarity, Seepage, Compaction, Consolidation, Shear Strength, Earth pressure, Slope stability;
- Foundation Engineering: Site investigations, stress distribution in soils, Bearing capacity, Settlement analysis, Types of Foundation, Pile foundations, Foundations on expansive soils; swelling and its preventions; Coffer dams, Caissons, Dewatering, Bracing for excavations, Newmark charts, machine foundations.
- Engineering Geology: Mineralogy, Structural Geology, Groundwater Exploration methods; Engineering Geology applications for Tunnels, Dams and Reservoirs; Geological hazards and preventive measures.
Estimation, Costing and Construction Management
Abstract estimate: Detailed estimate – centerline, long & short wall method, various items of Civil Engineering works as per Indian Standard, General Specifications – Earth Work, Brick / Stone Masonry in Cement Mortar, RCC, Plastering in Cement Mortar, Floor finishes, white wash, colour wash
|Standard schedule of rates, lead and lift, preparation of lead statement|
|Computation of earth work – Mid-ordinate, Mean Sectional area, Trepezoidal method, Prismoidal Rule|
|Approximate estimate – Plinth area and cubic rate estimate.|
You May Read This: Strategies To Improve Memory
- Principle and classification of surveying
- Chain surveying
- Compass surveying
- Levellingand contouring
- Theodolite surveying
- Introduction and Fundamental concepts of electronic measuring instruments – EDM
- Total station, GIS & GPS
How To Download Telangana PSC AEE Syllabus?
- Go to official website of Telangana Public Service Commissionwhich is tspsc.gov.in.
- After reaching at official web portal, select “Scheme & Syllabus” link from top menu bar.
- A new drop down list will appear on your screen, select “AEEs Managers Degree Standard” link from “Other Categories”.
- Then latest TSPSC AEE Exam Syllabus will appear on your screen.
- Download it and take printout of TSPSC Syllabus Of AEE.
Direct Link To Download: TSPSC AEE Syllabus PDF
TSPSC AEE Exam Pattern
|Part||Paper Details||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|Part – A||Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities||150||150|
|Paper-II: Civil Engineering (Degree Level)||150||300|
Highlights Of TSPSC Assistant Executive Engineer Exam Pattern:
- Paper 1 & 2 will be of Written Examination.
- The question will be asked in Objective Type manner.
- Candidates have to choose right options from the given alternatives.
- Time duration for paper 1 & 2 is 150 Minutes.
- TSPSC AEE Interview will be of 50 marks.
- Final selection will be based on their performance in it.
Visit this Official Link to get more information about TSPSC AEE Syllabus 2018. Stay tuned with us on our web portal and get updated information about TSPSC AEE Recruitment Notification.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|TSPSC Previous Papers||Updated TSPSC Syllabus|
|TSPSC Jobs Notification||TSPSC Answer Key|
|PSC Question Papers||PSC Exam Books|
|How to Avoid Sleeping While Studying||Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips|