IAS Exam Books
- IAS is one of the most prestigious posts in our country. IAS Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
This Page Includes:
- NCERT Books
- Indian Polity [constitution]
- GK Books
- Indian Economy
- Newspapers / Daily
- Prelims Guide
2. IAS Exam Pattern
3. IAS Exam Syllabus
4. Study Material for UPSC- IAS Exam
5. Related Links
- To shortlist the dedicated and talented students for the posts of IAS Firstly written examination is held.
- Shortlisted candidates of written examination are called for personal interview.
- To appear in the exam, aspirants firstly require getting complete details for Exam syllabus.
- Study material and books will be more helpful if you are going to appear in this exam.
- Here we are providing you complete information about IAS Exam Books, Study Material for UPSC- IAS Exam and PDF by recruitmentresult.com.
As according to the subjects you may read form the following books:
1. NCERT Books
- Indian History – Class XI & XII
- Science – Class IX
- Indian Geography – Class VI to XII
2. Indian Polity [constitution]
- Introduction to constitution of India – D.D. Basu
- Indian polity – by Laxmikanth (TMH publications)
- Indian Constitution – P.N. Bakshi /
3. GK Books
- Manorama Year Book – 2010
- India Year Book – 2010 (Publication Division)
4. Indian Economy
- Pratiyogita Darpan (Latest Edition) and Economic survey [2009-10]
- Frontline (For Mains & Interview)
- Competition wizard/Civil Services Chronicle / Civil Service Times (Any 1)
- Yojana [Published by Publication Division]
6. Newspapers / Daily
Read daily English and Hindi news paper.
7. Prelims Guide
You may purchase any Standard Guide from the market like Tata McGraw Hill, Spectrum etc.
IAS Exam Pattern
IAS Exam consists of two parts:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
IAS Exam Syllabus
- Preliminary Exam: In this exam two papers, Paper I and Paper II are conducted. Both are of 2 hours duration and of total marks 200.
- Main Exam: In Main exam total seven papers are held.
|Paper II||General Studies I||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject-Paper I||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject-Paper II||250|
Study Material for UPSC- IAS Exam
History study Material for IAS:
- Asoka Foreign Relations
- The splendour of the ‘Dark Centuries
- Post-mauryan Period (20BC – 300AD)
- Asoka’s Dhamma
- History And Impact Of Indo-greeks
- Answering A Question
- Andhra Satavahanas
- Satavahana Achievements
- 10. Significance Of The Satavahanas
- 11. Satavahana Administration
- 12. Kushans
Law study Material for IAS
- Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
- Offences Relating To Property
- Relationship Between Fundamental Rights , Fundamental Duties And Directive Principals Of The State Policy
- Administration Of Justice (Theories Of Punishment)
Biotechnology Study Material for IAS
- Biotechnology and Environment
- Biotechnology and Society
- Animal Biotechnology
- Basic Concepts
- Biotechnology Terms
- Plant Biotechnology
- Biotechnology and Agriculture
Gather More Knowledge on IAS
|IAS Application Form||IAS Eligibility Criteria|
|IAS Syllabus||IAS Coaching Centers|
|IAS Previous Year Papers||IAS New Pattern|
|IAS Toppers Interview Questions||IAS Preparation Tips|
|Tips To Crack IAS Exam In First Attempt||UPSC Notification|
Note: You may download the PDF from the official website of UPSC.