UP PCS Syllabus
UP PCS Pre Examination will be conducted on new date that is 28-10-2018. Question paper of Provincial Civil Services Exam will be based on UP PCS Syllabus notified by UPPSC. All multiple choice questions in exam will be from topics mentioned in UP PCS Syllabus 2018.
Contenders can download the UPPSC PCS Syllabus PDF for Pre/Mains Exam from this page. The UPPSC Lower Subordinate Syllabus will help candidates to prepare for UP PCS Pre Exam 2018 thoroughly.
UP PCS Exam Date & Details!!!
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has changed the Pre Examination Date and now Pre Examination will be conducted on 28-10-2018. Applicants have more time for the preparation of examination. Scroll down this page of recruitmentresult.com to get complete details regarding UP PCS Exam Syllabus in Hindi.
Changes in UP PCS Exam Pattern:
The candidates clearing Prelims exams would have to appear in one optional subject in place of two in Mains. In General Studies, aspirants will have to appear in 04 papers of 200 marks each in place of existing two papers. There will be negative marking in prelims exam. Get UP PCS Syllabus PDF from here.
UP PCS Syllabus
UPPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus
PAPER- 1st (First) General Studies (GS) UP PCS Syllabus:
Topics covered in UP PCS 2018 Syllabus are as follows:
- Current Affairs of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
PAPER- 2nd (Second) General Studies UP PCS Pre Syllabus:
Topics covered in UP PCS Exam Syllabus are as follows:
- General English upto Class X level.
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
Current events of national and international importance:- Topics covered in Syllabus of UP PCS are as follows: On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
UP PCS Syllabus: History of India and Indian National Movement: – In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and world Geography: – Topics covered in UP Lower PCS Syllabus are as follows: Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
UP PCS Syllabus: Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development: – UP PCS Pre Syllabus Topics: Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
UP PCS Syllabus: General Science: – Topics covered in UP Lower PCS Syllabus are as follows: Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Get Here: UPPSC Solved Paper
Elementary Mathematics (Up to Class X Level):
1) UP PCS Syllabus: Arithmetic:
Topics covered in UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus are as follows:
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integrs and their interrelationship.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Speed, Time and Distance
(2) UP PCS Syllabus: Algebra:
Topics covered in UP PCS Mains Syllabus are as follows:
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(3) UP PCS Syllabus: Geometry:
Topics covered in UPPSC Lower PCS Syllabus are as follows:
- Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
- Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Topics covered in Uttar Pradesh PCS Syllabus are as follows: Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves, Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
Read Out: Aptitude Questions & Answers
General English (Up to Class X Level):
Topics covered in UPPSC PCS Pre Syllabus are as follows:
- UP PCS Syllabus: Comprehension
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
Get Here: English Improvement Tips
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय:
Topics covered in UP PCS Syllabus in Hindi are as follows:
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- विलोम शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द,
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
UP PCS Mains Exam Syllabus
General Studies, UP PCS Syllabus of Paper- I:
Topics covered in UPPSC PCS Mains Syllabus are as follows:
- UP PCS Syllabus: History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern
- Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
- Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context
- World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
- Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social
- History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth
General Studies, UP PCS Syllabus of Paper – II:
Topics covered in UP Provincial Civil services Syllabus are as follows:
- UP PCS Syllabus: Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including science in everyday life)
- General Mental ability.
- Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams.
- The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India.
- The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidates awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects.
- The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies there in.
UP PCS Syllabus Essay:
There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on following sphere:
Section A: (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programmes and projects. Check UP PCS Syllabus topics here:
- Question answer from Unseen passage
- Government and Semi-government letter, telegram, official orders, notification, circular writing
Know Here: Common English Error in Essay Writing
Knowledge of words and uses
- Uses of Prefix and Suffix
- One word substitution
- Spelling and Sentence correction
- Idioms and Phrases
Download Here PDF : UPPSC PCS Prelims/Mains Exam Syllabus
UPPSC Exam Pattern 2018
UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2018:
|General Studies (GS) 1st Paper||200||2hrs|
|General Studies (GS)2nd Paper||200||2hrs|
Uttar Pradesh PCS Mains Exam Pattern 2018:
|Name of Paper||Total Marks|
|4th & 5th Paper||600|
|6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Paper||1200|
Get in detail: UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern
The interview would be of 100 marks in place of 200. Thus, the total marks of PCS exams would be 1,500 in place of 1,600.
To download the UP PCS Syllabus 2018, you need to visit the Official Link. You can bookmark this page by using CTRL+D. If you have any query regarding UP PCS Syllabus then you can ask in comment box which is provided below.
Have a look on below links
|UP PCS Pre Exam Notification||UPPSC Exam Calendar|
|State PSC Exam||UPPSC Syllabus|
|UPPSC Sample Papers||Create Your Own Study Guide|
|Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips||UPPSC Admit Card|