Automation Engineer Salary
If you are looking for Automation Engineer Salary, then you are on right place. The national average salary for Automation Engineer is ₹5,17,024 per year in India. How much does Automation Engineer can make? Automation Engineer Salary Package is pretty standard as it includes Base salary, Target Bonus & others. Let’s discuss about Automation Engineer Salary Structure in India including Starting Salaries For Freshers, Automation Engineer Pay Scale, Automation Engineer Career Growth & others.
Automation Engineer Salary
What is the Salary of Automation Engineer In India?
The average salary for an Automation Engineer is ₹4,62,500 per year (₹38,540 per month), which is ₹75,000 (+19%) higher than the national average salary in India. An Automation Engineer can expect an average starting salary of ₹1,90,000. The highest salaries can exceed ₹13,00,000.
Average Automation Engineer Salary in India
The average salary for an Automation Engineer is ₹482,250 per year.
|Base Salary||₹194k – ₹1m|
|Bonus||₹5k – ₹150k|
|Profit Sharing||₹2k – ₹300k|
|Commission||₹0 – ₹31k|
|Total Pay||₹201k – ₹1m|
Know Here: Test Engineer Salary in India
Highest Paying Cities In India For Automation Engineers
|City Name||Automation Engineer Salary India|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||₹7,85,384 per year|
|Bengaluru, Karnataka||₹7,77,260 per year|
|Hyderabad, Telangana||₹7,08,583 per year|
|Noida, Uttar Pradesh||₹7,08,565 per year|
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹6,54,134 per year|
|Pune, Maharashtra||₹5,92,889 per year|
|Gurgaon, Haryana||₹5,42,115 per year|
|Vadodara, Gujarat||₹4,63,304 per year|
Automation Engineer Pay by Experience Level
- An entry-level Automation Engineer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹287,270 based on 100 salaries.
- An early career Automation Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹428,980 based on 727 salaries.
- A mid-career Automation Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹784,260 based on 266 salaries.
- An experienced Automation Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹1,312,097 based on 64 salaries.
- In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of ₹2,095,238.
Check Also: Civil Engineer Salary In India
What Are Popular Skills for Automation Engineers?
Skills in Test Automation, Automation Scripting and Selenium Automated Test Tool are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation.
|Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation||₹306,948|
|Selenium Automated Test Tool||₹603,217|
|Human-Machine Interface (HMI)||₹301,509|
Automation Engineer Salary – Career Growth
Among automation engineers, Junior Automation Engineers tend to have the lowest salaries, while more experienced workers like Senior Automation Engineers enjoy the highest salaries.
|Job||Automation Engineer Annual Salary|
|Senior Automation Engineer||₹814K/year|
|Cerner Test Automation Engineer||₹606K/year|
|Network Automation Engineer||₹495K/year|
|Industrial Automation Engineer||₹449K/year|
|Junior Automation Engineer||₹194K/year|
Also Check: Network Engineer Salary In India
Automation Engineer Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Automation Engineer in their job title in Chennai, Tamil Nadu earn an average of 19.1% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Bangalore, Karnataka (15.3% more) and Pune, Maharashtra (9.1% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Ahmedabad, Gujarat (31.9% less), Mumbai, Maharashtra (20.0% less) and Noida, Uttar Pradesh (1.5% less).
|Bangalore, Karnataka||▲ 15%|
|Pune, Maharashtra||▲ 9%|
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu||▲ 19%|
|Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh||▲ 4%|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||▼ 20%|
|Ahmedabad, Gujarat||▼ 32%|
|Noida, Uttar Pradesh||▼ 2%|
|New Delhi, Delhi||▼ 34%|
|Gurgaon, Haryana||▲ 45%|
|Delhi, Delhi||▼ 12%|
|Kolkata, West Bengal||▼ 12%|
|Surat, Gujarat||▼ 62%|
|Chandigarh, Chandigarh||▼ 41%|
|Nagpur, Maharashtra||▼ 27%|
|Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu||▼ 17%|
|Jaipur, Rajasthan||▲ 4%|
|Indore, Madhya Pradesh||▲ 10%|
|Kochi, Kerala||▼ 38%|
|Thane, Maharashtra||▼ 15%|
|Noida, Delhi||▲ 19%|
|Baroda, Gujarat||▼ 69%|
Get Details of: Electrical Engineer Salary In India
Automation Engineer Skills Required
Some of the most common skills for an automation engineer include:
- Automation and robotics
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Programming and coding experience
- Project management
- Agile, cloud and DevOps
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and leadership skills
- Experience in computer science or engineering
Automation Engineer Requirements And Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar field
- Proficiency in maintaining automation equipment
- Experience with robotics, AI and machine learning
- Experience with project management
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and perform complex system tests
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate well with other members of the development team
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to keep up with the latest technologies
- A desire to continually upgrade technical knowledge
Check Here: QA Engineer Salary in India
Duties Of An Automation Engineer
Here are some more specific duties to give you a broader understanding of an automation engineer’s role such as Communicate with clients about requirements, Research and design automation technology, Create and establish a connection between information inputs, controllers and outputs, Establish monitoring and quality assurance processes, Handle defects or errors in technology, Improve efficiency for human workers or other system.
This is all about Automation Engineer Salary Structure in India. Hope, you get all details about Automation Engineer Salary per Month in India. Stay connected with us for knowing more updates about latest government jobs, Automation Engineer Salaries & others.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Petroleum Engineer Salary||Computer Hardware Engineer Salary|
|Project Engineer Salary in India||Mechanical Engineer Salary|
|Aerospace Engineer Salary||Systems Engineer Salary|
|Marine Engineering Salary in India||Latest Jobs In Private Sector|