NSSO Full Form
The Full Name of NSSO or NSSO Full Form is National Sample Survey Office which came under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. The responsibility of NSSO is to conduct sample surveys on all India bases in a larger scale. The surveys can be either economic or nationwide surveys. The statistics of NSSO is considered as the most reliable data and that surveyed data is also used by Government for framing and reviewing the policies.
NSSO Full Form
NSSO का पूरा नाम:
Earlier, NSSO was named as ‘National Sample Survey Organization’ and now it is called as ‘National Sample Survey Office’ which is the largest office established in 1950 for conducting socio-economic survey of India.
National Sample Survey Office has mainly four divisions:
- Survey Design and Research Division (SDRD)
- Field Operations Division (FOD)
- Data Processing Division (DPD)
- Co-ordination and Publication Division (CPD)
Get Here: List of Financial Institutions in India
NSSO Division Detailed Description:
The detailed descriptions of divisions are as:
- Survey Design and Research Division (SDRD): The role of this division is to prepare for technical plans, concepts, schedules, analysis and design models. This division of NSSO is situated in Calcutta.
- Field Operations Division (FOD): The role of this division is to compile the data for the surveys. This division is situated in Delhi / Faridabad and its network has been spread all over the country. This division of NSSO has 6 zonal offices, 49 regional offices and 118 sub-regional offices.
- Data Processing Division (DPD): This division work is to do selection of samples, processing and to do validation of surveyed data. This division is located in Kolkata and has several other data processing centers.
- Co-ordination and Publication Division (CPD): This division work is to coordinate with the working of other divisions of NSSO. It also conducts seminars based on the output of various socio-economic surveys conducted by NSSO.
Get Here: MSME Full Form in Hindi
Objectives of NSSO:
- For national planning and policy, NSSO provides statistical and other related information.
- NSSO publishes information for those that are engaged in various economic activities.
- For socioeconomic fields, NSSO do analyses of useful information for them.
- NSSO gives an estimation related to the future trends.
Functions of NSSO:
- NSSO makes a decision on the topics that are to be covered in their upcoming surveys.
- Every year ‘Annual Survey Of Industries’ (ASI) is conducted by NSSO.
- NSSO conducts surveys on health, employment and unemployment, medical, household expenditures on a large scale.
- NSSO provides report status of estimated agricultural production that is done in India.
Know about: IRDA Full Form
Merger of NSSO with CSO to form NSO
Until May 2019, National Sample Survey Office works under Ministry of Statistics but on On 23rd May 2019, merger of NSSO with Central Statistics Office (CSO) has been done in order to form National Statistical Office (NSO). National Statistical Office (NSO) will also be headed by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (Mospi).
We the team of recruitmentresult.com hopes that the above provided information about NSSO Full Form, its division, functions and objectives is understandable to you. Also bookmark our site for more similar updates.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Full Form of SEBI||IRCTC Full Form|
|CIBIL Full Form||Full Form of CAG|
|CGST Full Form||FSSAI Full Form|
|What is ECGC||RTI Full Form|