How to Prepare English for Competitive Exams
Candidates who are preparing for Competitive Exams are advised to read How to Prepare English for Competitive Exams through this page. With the help of English Improving Tips you all can easily plan your preparations to score good marks.
Most of the time people say “English Language is one of hardest language to learn.” But this is not true, with the right guidance learning English may be a fun and positive experience. This article will help you to know How to Prepare English for Exams.
Know English Preparation Tips
English is a major part in almost all the competitive exams of today’s world. Without having a good command over English language can make your chances very less to survive in this competitive world.
If you really scared from English then get prepared to fight with your fear and scroll down this page which is well created by the team of recruitmentresult.com to know How to Prepare English for Competitive Exams.
How To Prepare English For Competitive Exams
This section covers all aspects of how to prepare English for competitive exams. In this section you will find different way to boost your English knowledge and skill for the competition exam.
Not only entrance exams, both of public and private sector, English is now being regularly asked in most Job Entrance Test along with in Major exams for higher studies like CAT and MAT.
There are some useful points that you must have to remember while taking up an English Competitive test.
Learn the Basics and Proper Usage of Grammar
People judge you based on how you write and speak. Taking the time to follow the rules of Standard English in your formal writing and speech allows you to present yourself in the best possible light.
Read Here: Better English Speaking Skills
Improve your Vocabulary
In most of the competitive exam, there will be a section of English aptitude. If you want to score well in this section, you need to improve your Vocabulary.
Go through the Comprehension skills
Students are habituated to solve simple and direct passages in their school days, but when it comes to competitive exams, the task becomes difficult. Unable to understand the vocabulary (meaning of words) and concept of the passage, students become dull and uninterested in this section.
Should avoid Spelling Mistakes
Many highly intelligent people who have a lot of good things to say get overlooked because of spelling errors. Only a handful of mistakes, no matter how small, can make readers think the writer isn’t competent.
Want to Know? English Improvement Tips
Make Sure that Sentence Formation is Clear and Concise
As often as possible, use the sentence structure subject—verb—object. Use simple declarative sentences for descriptions, and use simple imperative sentences for instructions. However, you can use a sentence structure that starts with an if clause or places the condition before the action.
Grammar includes the topic as Sentence completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, spotting the Errors, idioms & phrases, spellings Check, Re-arranging sentences, these are some important section which is very useful for the competition.
- So aspirants should be focus on above topic which covered in the syllabus of English Competition Exam.
- Grammar can be improved only through practice. Learning the basic rules and practicing sentences of your own by checking it through Internet or some other means is one way to improve your Grammar.
- Spotting errors is very difficult in the exam because it’s not easy to remember all the grammatical rules but when you are into serious reading habits you will intuitively know that there is some error in this part of sentence.
START NOW:- English Grammar Online Quiz
Find the correctly spelt words:
Q 1. Solve as per the direction given above
Q 2. Solve as per the direction given above
Q 3. Solve as per the direction given above
Read Here: How To Find Online Study Material
Easy Learning: Use of A, An, and The
You May Read This: Common English Error in Essay Writing
How To Prepare English – Vocabulary Section:
- Building a handsome vocabulary is in one’s own hands. Vocabulary can’t be increased in several months if you try to go by just learning words and not using them.
- For effectively increasing your vocabulary, you should follow English newspapers regularly it will be beneficial to improve the vocabulary and also to increase the general awareness.
- You can also watch English news channels and movies and try to learn and use new words from there. You can also follow vocabulary list having examples of usage with them.
Related Online Quiz Questions–
Jumbled Parts, Rearrange to Correct Sequence –
Ques: Since the beginning of history
- P : have managed to catch
- Q : the Eskimos and Red Indians
- R : by a very difficulty method
- S : a few specimens of this aquatic animal
The Proper sequence should be:
Check Also: Common Confusing Words In English
Ques: I read an advertisement that said
- P : posh, air-conditioned
- Q : gentleman of taste
- R : are available for
- S : fully furnished rooms
The Proper sequence should be:
- P : it struck me
- Q : of course
- R : suitable it was
- S : how eminently
The Proper sequence should be:
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
How To Prepare English – Comprehension section:
To be able to score good marks in comprehension, vocabulary should be strong. If you don’t have a good vocabulary, try to build one, you can also try to relate the meaning of tough words in terms of the sentence and paragraph given to help you understand the comprehension. Here are some tips that must be remembered by the students to improve compression skills. Tips are provided below for your ease and convenience:
- Note Down the major points while reading, as in long paragraphs it is very complicated to remember every point.
- First of all, Read questions very carefully, so that you recognize easily what are you finding
- Identify the manner of paragraph; it will surely help in answering very quickly.
- Study initial and very last Para two times and thoroughly
Check Here: How to Improve English
Comprehension is one section where you can get full marks if you are able to understand the passage given. With the help of below tuned paragraph and questions you can easily interpret the things.
Online Quiz Questions –
Para:I felt the wall of the tunnel shiver. The master alarm squealed through my earphones. Almost simultaneously, Jack yelled down to me that there was a warning light on. Fleeting but spectacular sights snapped into ans out of view, the snow, the shower of debris, the moon, looming close and big, the dazzling sunshine for once unfiltered by layers of air. The last twelve hours before re-entry were particular bone-chilling. During this period, I had to go up in to command module. Even after the fiery re-entry splashing down in 81o water in south pacific, we could still see our frosty breath inside the command module.
Question 1: The statement that the dazzling sunshine was “for once unfiltered by layers of air” means:
a) that the sun was very hot
b) that there was no strong wind
c) that the air was unpolluted
d) none of above
Question 2: The word ‘Command Module’ used twice in the given passage indicates perhaps that it deals with:
a) an alarming journey
b) a commanding situation
c) a journey into outer space
d) a frightful battle
You May Read This: Strategies To Improve Memory
Question 3: Which one of the following reasons would one consider as more as possible for the warning lights to be on?
a) There was a shower of debris.
b) Jack was yelling.
c) A catastrophe was imminent.
d) The moon was looming close and big.
Start Now: Online Quiz
How To Prepare English – Spelling Mistakes and Sentence formation:
- Spelling Mistakes leave the great impact in the preparation of English for any competitive exam. A wrong spelling can change the complete meaning of sentence. You need to be sure that whatever you write.
- Sentence formation is an important aspect, while writing the descriptive test of any exam, as all your opinion and ideas can only be put forward easily if have the ability to form a sentence in a right way.
Online Quiz Questions –
Join these parts to make a meaningful sentence. The correct order of parts is the answer:
Ques: 1. Left 2. The 3. House 4. He 5. Suddenly
Ques: 1. I 2. immediately 3. Salary 4. my 5. Want
Ques: 1. do 2. Today 3. You 4. must 5. It
Check Here: New Modern English Words
Learn: Use of Up Over Under Etc. (Prepositions)
GIVE NOW:- English Language Quiz
How To Prepare English – Use a Dictionary:
Dictionary is a bank of words that will assist to find out the meaning of word. There are dictionaries that will help out to acquire the meaning of the statement or word in the similar language or the dissimilar language. It also helps us to know the meaning of words in other language. And it also helps in Synonyms and Antonyms to take your writing and reading skills to next level.
Learn a List of Words:
Best way to look up your vocabulary rapidly is by learning a listing of words, download list of words in PDF format. Go throughout these words for as a minimum 3 times and try to make use of them in normal language.
Read Here: Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
English is a global language and if you are looking for a shining future then it is essential for you to have good command on this language. If you are preparing for any competitive exam like IBPS, GRE, CAT, etc. You have a better knowledge of grammar rules. So, candidates to keep your English preparation up to mark you have to follow the strategies provided above regarding How To Prepare English by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On