Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus
Karnataka School Education Department has prescribed the Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus 2022 for the Karnataka TET Exam for Graduate Primary Teachers. Through the Karnataka GPT Exam Pattern and Syllabus PDF, candidates will be able to know about the topics from which the questions will come and prepare according to it.
Karnataka TET Syllabus GPT: Highlights
|Name of the Organization||Centralized Administration Cell Karnataka|
|Post Name||Graduate Primary Teachers Class (06 to 08)|
|Category||Karnataka Graduate Primary Teachers GPT Syllabus 2022|
|Selection Process||Written Exam & Interview|
KARTET Syllabus GPT Download Links
|Karnataka TET Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus||Get Here|
|Graduate Primary Teacher English Syllabus||Get Here|
|Karnataka PGT Syllabus for Mathematics and Science||Get Here|
|Karnataka GPT Syllabus for Social Science||Get Here|
Karnataka GPT Exam pattern
Section 1 –
- It consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time duration of Karnataka GPT paper is of 1 hour.
- It is of 50 marks.
Section 2 –
- It is having Short and long answers type questions.
- Karnataka GPT Exam is of 100 marks.
- It is of 2 hours duration.
Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus
Karnataka GPT English Syllabus:
Language use (Grammar, functions of language and phonetics):
- Parts of speech
- Tense forms: present simple, present continuous, present perfect, past simple, past continuous, past perfect, past perfect continuous and future forms
- Modal verbs
- Conjunctions and linkers
- Types of sentences (simple, compound and complex sentences)
- Clauses: noun, adjective, adverbial and conditional clauses
- Active and passive voice
- Direct and indirect speech
- Degrees of comparison
- Functions of language: introducing oneself and others, seeking and giving information, asking for and giving directions, giving instructions, making a request, giving suggestions and advice, expressing comparison and contrast, complaining, apologizing, thanking, expressing one’s opinion
- Phonetics: Sounds of English (vowels, consonants, stress and intonation patterns)
Read Here: How to Prepare for English
Reading comprehension and vocabulary:
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret unfamiliar reading passages (a narrative and an argumentative or descriptive passage)
- An unfamiliar poem
- Synonyms, antonyms, prefixes, suffixes, phrasal verbs, idioms, compound words, collocations, proverbs, word forms, abbreviations
- Figures of speech
- Common errors in writing (editing): identifying and correcting errors in the use of articles, prepositions, tenses, word forms, cohesive devices, spelling
- Paragraph writing (descriptive/ narrative/ argumentative/ process type)
- Writing personal and official letters
- Writing a notice, placard, email
- Making a diary entry
- Writing a letter to the Editor of a newspaper on a current/contemporary issue
- Writing a dialogue (purposes: Seeking and giving information, asking for and giving directions, giving instructions, making a request, giving suggestions and advice, expressing comparison and contrast, complaining, apologizing, thanking, expressing one’s opinion)
Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus for Mathematics exam:
|Topic name||Detailed description|
|Number System||Place value, Expanded form, Basic operation, Simplification, Natural, whole, integer, rational, irrational and real numbers, Square and cubic numbers, Square and cube roots, Playing with numbers, HCF, LCM, fundamental theorem of arithmetic, Ratio and Proportion, Comparing Quantities.|
|Surds||Definition, Basic operation, Simplification, Binomial surds, Rationalisation of surds|
|Sets||Properties, Types, Laws, Venn diagram, Cardinality of sets, Relations and functions.|
|Sequence and series, AP, GP and HP, Means|
|Unitary method, Percentage, Profit and loss, Brokerage, Commission, Simple interest, Compound interest, Discount, Hire purchase and instalment buying.|
|Statistics||Class interval and types, Graphical representation, Measurement of central tendency, Dispersion measures, Co – efficient of variation|
|Meaning, Formulae, Fundamental counting principle, Factorial notation|
|Meaning, Types- Random experiments and events, Types of events, Addition rule|
|Basic terms, Algebraic expressions, Types of polynomials, Basic operations, Special products, Factorisation, Identities, Conditional identities, HCF and LCM.|
|Meaning and types, Zeros of polynomials, Division algorithm, Remainder factor theorem, Synthetic division theorem|
|Linear Equations||Linear equations, Simultaneous linear equations, Different methods of solving.|
|Quadratic Equations||Meaning and types, Different methods of solving, Descriminant, Sum and product of roots, Formation of quadratic equation.|
|Variation||Meaning ant types, Problem based on variation|
|Basic definitions, Axioms, Postulates, Statements, Theorems|
|Triangles||Meaning, Types, Properties, Construction, Area and perimeter, Heron’s Formula, Congruent and similar triangles, Concurrent lines (centroid, in centre, circumcentre and ortho centre)|
|Meaning, Types, Properties, Construction, Area and Perimeter, Theorems|
|Polygons||Meaning, Types, properties, Theorems, Constructions, Problems|
|Circles||Definition, Terms and their meaning, Cyclic quadrilaterals, Chords and tangents, Theorems, Constructions, Area of sector.|
|– Plane figures, Solid figures, LSA and TSA of solid figures, Volume of solid figures(cone, sphere, cylinder, frustum of cone, prisms, pyramids and combination of solids)|
|Basic ratios, Identities, Standard angles, Complementary angles, Heights and distances, Problems, Allied angles.|
|Co ordinate Geometry||Ordered pair, Distance formula , Section formula, Slope, Equation of straight line, Slope intercept form.|
|Symmetry||Definition, Line of symmetry, Point of symmetry|
|Matrices||Definitions, Types, Determinants|
|– Meaning and type, F+v=E+2, Nodes, area and regions, Euler, Formula, Transversable networking and conditions for transvesability|
Do You Know: How to Prepare for Maths
Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus for Physics:
|Topic name||Detailed description|
|Fundamental and derived units, fundamental forces in nature, Measurement of longer distance objects like sun, planets etc, measurement of very small distances like size of atom , errors , types of errors, significant figures.|
|Magnetism||Magnetic field, properties of magnet, Biot -savart’s law, Ampere’s circuital law applications, magnetic lines of force-properties. Solenoid , toroid, Cyclotron – applications, Force on current carrying conductors, Magnetic materials- types and examples. Electromagnets , factors affecting their strength, permanent magnets.|
|Current Electricity||Electric current, Drift velocity, mobility, Ohm’s law, electrical resistance, resistivity, conductivity, electrical power. Carbon resistors , colour codes of carbon resistors, series and parallel combination of resistors. Cell- Internal resistance, potential difference, emf , series and parallel combination. Kirchhoff’s laws. Wheat stone bride, potentiometer, meter bridge principle and applications.|
|Dynamics||Scalars and vectors meaning and examples, Displacement, Distance travelled, speed, velocity, acceleration units and problems. Newton’s three laws of motion and illustrations. Inertia, Force, work, momentum units and problems. Circular motion centripetal force, centrifugal reaction and applications. Position and displacement vectors, resolution of vectors, scalar and vector product of vectors. Friction , laws of friction, types of friction, factors affecting friction, methods of increasing and reducing friction. Centre of mass, momentum of force, torque, angular momentum. Equilibrium of rigid bodies, rotational motion, moment of inertia.|
tation & Rockets
|Meaning, acceleration due to gravity, variation of acceleration due to gravity on the earth. Newton’s law of gravitation, Weight, weightlessness. Principle, fuel, payload, Different stages, Launching of rockets. Escape velocity, orbital velocity, communication satellites, geo-stationary satellites. ISRO programs, moon mission, MOM.|
|Heat and temperature meaning and differences. Different scales of measurement of temperature and inter conversions. Laws of thermodynamics, Isothermal and adiabatic process, reversible and irreversible process. Heat engines- different types, petrol and diesel engine, efficiency of heat engine- problems, refrigerators –principle and working|
|Optics||Properties of light,. Mirrors , different types of mirrors and image formation, mirror formula, uses. Lenses , image formation in different types of lenses at different object position, power of lens Uses. Refraction and dispersion of light through prism .Phenomenon and laws of reflection and refraction. Dispersion of light, scattering of light, total internal reflection, optical fibres –uses. Theories of light- Newton’s corpuscular theory, Huygen’s wave theory, Maxwell’s electromagnetic wave theory, Max planck’s quantum theory, dual nature of light. Raman effect, optical instruments : simple and compound microscope, telescope, binoculars – magnifying powers. Polarisation –plane polarised light, polaroids and their uses, Application in daily life|
|Meaning, examples, properties, uses of different electromagnetic radiations. Photo electric effect, experimental facts about pef, Einstein/s explanation and applications of Pef. Electromagnetic spectrum, Laser meaning , production, properties and uses.|
|Energy||Meaning different forms of energy, law of conservation of energy . Inter conversion of energy from one form to another form. Power, Kinetic energy and potential energy meaning , example and problems.|
|Conductors, insulators and semiconductors meaning and examples. Energy bands in solids, Bias and types. Doping, dopants. p/n junction diode, transistor, LED, Photodiode, Solar cell, Zener diode, Construction of simple circuits, series and parallel combination of cells and bulbs. circuit symbols of components of circuits. Superconductors, Fuse. Logic gates(AND, OR, NOT, NOR, NAND). Radio broadcasting receiver and transmitter, television broadcasting – transmitter and receiver, modulation, band width of transmission medium, propagation of electromagnetic waves in space. Telephone, Fax, Mobile, internet working and applications.|
|Periodic motion –period, frequency, displacement. Simple harmonic motion – k.e and p.e, free, forced and damped oscillations, resonance. Wave motion, Transverse and longitudinal waves,, Speed of wave motion. Sound waves, Echo’s. Wavelength, period, frequency, amplitude of waves. Superposition of waves, reflection of waves, standing waves in strings and pipes, fundamental mode and harmonics , beats, Doppler effect|
|Atom, constituents of atom and their properties. Atomic no, mass no, nuclear chain reaction, Nuclear fission , nuclear fusion and applications. Meaning , elements possess radioactivity, α-decay. β –decay and ɤ-decay. Half-life and mean life period, problems. Isotopes, Isotones, Isobars with ex. Atomic models – Rutherfold’s model, Bohr’s model, Thomson model. Mass energy relation, mass defect, binding energy- problems|
|Universe||Horizon, Geocentric system, solar centric system, Constellations, Zodiac constellations. Moon, different phases of moon. Formation of eclipses. Solar system, facts about sun, planets and their satellites, asteroids, comets. Galaxy, types of galaxy, stars, life cycle of different mass stars, Quasars, Pulsars, Stellar luminosity, temp of stars. Hubble’s law, big bang theory. Kepler laws of planetary motion|
|Friction||Meaning, types, causes, factors affecting friction, methods of increasing and reducing friction, uses and effects of friction|
|Sound||Sound waves, Echo’s. Wavelength, period, frequency, amplitude of waves. Infrasonic and ultrasonic sound waves. Sonar, ultra sound scanner, their uses|
Start Practice With: Online Quiz for Competitive Exams
Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Social Science Syllabus:
Karnataka GPT History Syllabus:
- Sources of History – Literary-Native and Foreign, Archeological Inscriptions, Numismatics, monuments, Oral Traditions, Anecdotes
- Physical features of India & Pre historic times-Old Stone Age, Microlithic Age, Neolithic Age, Metal Age.
- Ancient civilizations of India-Vedic Age, Harappan culture, Vedic and later Vedic times
- Ancient civilizations of the world- Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Chinese, Greek, Roman and American Civilization.
- India and outside world-Rise of Christianity and Islam crusades, Arabs, Mongols, Turks cultural and trade contacts.
- Rise of new religions in India- Jainism, Buddhism and its teachings. India and the world – Advent of Europeans, Renaissance, Humanism, Art
- Architecture Science, Reformations, Geographical Explorations, Europeans in India-Portuguese, Such, English East India Company, French East India Company. Kannada speaking regions during Colonial Rule, Folk History
- Greek invasion, Mauryas -Chandraguptha Maurya, Kautilya, Ashoka Administration, Kushanas
- Prominent kingdoms-Guptas, Vardhanas, Cholas, Shathavahanas, Kadhambas, Gangas, Chalukyas, Bahami, Pallavas of Kanchi. Rastrakutas, Kalyani Chalukyas, Hoysalas- Their contributions, literatures, Art and Architecture.
- Religious Reformers of India- Shankaracharya, Ramanujacharya, Madvacharya, Basaveswara-their works, Philosophy, teaching, literary development
- Bhakthi Movement-Chaithanya, Gurunanak, Meera Bai, Sufi Sints and Chistis
- Europe in the middle ages-Feudalism-Merits and demerits, Decline of Feudalism. Modern Europe-Renaissance, Geographical Explorations, Reformations, Industrial Revolutions.
- Revolutions and the Rise of Nations States-American war of Independence, French Revolutions, Unification of Italy and Germany.
- India from 9th to 14th century AD-Rise of Rajaputs, Turkish, Mohammad Ghazani, Mohammad Gori, Delhi Sultanate, Slave Dynasty, Khilji, Rulers, Tuglaq rulers, Lodhi Dynasty- Their administration, Art and Architecture, Social Systems, Military Reforms.
- Vijayanagar Dynasty- Sanghama, Saluva, Tuluva, Aravidu, DynastyRulers Contributions towards their administration, Art and Architecture, Social Systems, Military Reforms.
- Bhahumani Dynasty-Mohammad Gavan, Rise of new kingdoms, decline of Bhahumani and their administration, Art and Architecture, Social Systems, Military Reforms.
- Mughal Dynasty-Babar, Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir, Shershah, Shahajahan, Aurangzeb, decline of Mughals and their administration, Art and Architecture, Social Systems, Military Reforms
- Peshawas, Nawabs of Carnatic, Carnatic wars, Nawabs of Bengals,- Battle of Palssey. Maratas-Shivaji-Their Life and achievements, administrative systems, Military Reforms.
- Rise of the English-British rule in Bengal-Robert Clive, warren HastingsBuxar war, Anglo Marata war, Anglo Sikh war, Anglo Mughal war, British administration, Revenue, Military and Political, Hyder Ali and Tippu Sultan-Anglo Mysore war and their administration, Art and Architecture, Social Systems, Military Reforms
- Political Developments in Karnataka-Unification, Social Movements, Barder water environment, Women, Peasant and Dalit Movements etc Social Economic Developments in Karnataka-Land Reforms, Mass
- Communication, IT-BT revolutions, Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure development.
- Reforms during British Rule- 1 Civil Service, Military, Judiciary, Economy-Land revenue Policy, the permanent Settlement, Mahalwari and Ryothwari System, Industry and trade, English Education.
- Growth of Nationalism-Social Reforms-Brahma Samaja, Prartana Samaja, Satyashodhaka Samaja, Arya Samaja, Theosophical Society, Narayana Guru Movement, Aligarh Movement
- Growth of Nationalism-First war of Indian Independence-Foundation of Indian National Congress, Muslim League, Extremists and Moderates, Pase 1-1885 to 1905
- Pase 1-1885 to 1905
- Pase 2- 1905 to 1920
- Gandhi and his experiments, Quit India Movement and India’s Independence, Partition, India after Independence. Political Dimension of 20th century-Russian Revolution, World War-1 and
- orld War-2 and it’s Impact, Rise of Dictators, Cold War, Chinese Revolution, Rise of USA
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus for Civics /Political Science:
- Constitution of India-Directive Principles, Fundamental Rights and duties
- Our Government-Union Government and State Government, Organs- executive
- Legislative, Judiciary- Center and State Powers and functions. Our Defence Forces-Army, Navy and Air force, BSF, Home Guards, Coastal
- Guards, NCC, Red Cross. National Integration-Castism, Communalism, Regionalism, National Anthem,
- National Symbol, National Festival, Social and Economic Problems and Remedies, India and Neighbors, World
- World Organizations- UNO and it’s Organs, India and UNO, IMF, ILO, UNCTAD,WTO, Common Wealth, SAARC, European Union, ASEAN, OAU, India’s Foreign Policy. Human Resources, Population and it’s effects. Poverty, Gender, Religion and
- Caste System, People as Resources- Economic Activities, Health and Education, Unemployment, Poverty alleviation Programmes, Sectors of Indian Economy, Globalization and Nationalization. Rural Development-Citizens and Citizenship, Democracy, Local Self
- Government-Panchayath Raj Institutions, National Integration
Karnataka TET Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus
There are four examinations for Karnataka GPT Recruitment. Syllabus for Graduate Primary School Teachers for Classes 6 to 8 includes subjects like English Language, Mathematics and Social Science. Individuals having inner passion to serve as a Primary Teacher in government schools may study well in advance by taking assistance from Karnataka Teacher Paper syllabus or Karnataka GPT Paper Syllabus.
Karnataka GPT Syllabus
You may download latest Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus 2022 along with Karnataka Teacher Exam Pattern through online mode. By going through latest Karnataka Teacher Exam Syllabus and exam pattern, you will know exact distribution of marks, weight-age of marks.
Check these recommended Links:
|Karnataka TET Notification||Get Details|
|Karnataka TET Official Site||Press Here|
Candidates can download the Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus 2022 from above given links. Stay connected with us on this page to know more about Karnataka Graduate Primary Teacher Syllabus 2022.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Latest Teaching Jobs||Best Career Opportunities|
|Top Colleges in India||Scholarship in India|
|Top Universities in India||UGC Approved University List|