IELTS Full Form
The term IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System (IELTS Full Form) . Worldwide, this test is the most famous English language test. IELTS Exam is for those students who want to study in abroad for their higher education. At present, many institutions across the world are accepting this test. IELTS Test assesses the ability of a student in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS Full Form
Overview on IELTS:
|Type||Standardized test (either computer- or paper-based).|
|Knowledge / skills tested||Listening, reading, writing and speaking of the English language.|
|Duration||Listening: 40 minutes (including 10-minute transfer time in paper-based test),|
Reading: 60 minutes,
Writing: 60 minutes,
Speaking: 11–14 minutes.
Total: 2 hours, 55 minutes.
|Score / grade validity||2 years|
|Offered||Up to 4 times a month. Up to 48 times a year|
|Countries / regions||More than 1,200 test centres in over 140 countries|
क्या होता है IELTS टेस्ट – जानें डीटेल में
Types of IELTS Test:
There are two types of the IELTS test:
IELTS Academic: This test is enroll by those students who want to enroll in universities for higher education in English speaking countries and for professionals such as doctors and nurses who want to study or practice there.
IELTS General Training: This test is given by those students who want to do non-academic training, gain work experience, or for immigration purposes.
Know Here: Full Form Of SEBI
IELTS Test Structure
There are four parts in IELTS Test:
- Listening: 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes’ transfer time)
- Reading: 60 minutes
- Writing: 60 minutes
- Speaking: 11–14 minutes
The total time of test is: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Listening, Reading and Writing Test will be taken up in one sitting but speaking test may be taken on the same day or some other day.
- Listening and Speaking Test will be same for all the test takers but Writing and speaking test will differ for students as per the Academic or General Training test type.
In this part, there are four sections and under each section 10 questions will be asked. Total time taken in this test is of 40 minutes under which 30 minutes is for testing and 10 minutes is for transferring the answers to an answer sheet.
Section 1 and 2 are based on social situations taking place every day.
- Section 1: conversation between two speakers
- Section 2: has one person speaking
Section 3 and 4 are based on educational and training situations
- Section 3: conversation between two main speakers.
- Section 4: has one person speaking about an academic subject.
Marks will be deducted for incorrect spelling and grammar.
In this part, there are three sections with a variety of questions.
Texts in IELTS Academic: Three reading texts
Texts in IELTS General Training:
- Section 1: two or three short texts that deals with everyday topics
- Section 2: contains two texts that deal with work.
- Section 3: one long text that contains a topic of general interest.
Marks deduction will be done for incorrect spelling and grammar.
Read about: SSC Full Form
This part contains two tasks.
- Task 1: at least 150 words have to be written in about 20 minutes.
- Task 2: at least 250 words have to be written in about 40 minutes.
Test takers will be penalized if the answers are too short or does not relate to the topic. The writing part will differ for both academic and General Training test takers.
This part comprises of direct interview between the examiner and the test taker. The speaking test is divided into three sections:
- Section 1: introduction and interview (4–5 minutes). Introduction about home, family, work, studies, hobbies, interests, reasons for taking IELTS exam etc will be asked.
- Section 2: long turn (3–4 minutes). One minute will be given to test take so that he/she might be able to prepare to talk about this topic.
- Section 3: discussions (4–5 minutes). Discussion will take place between the examiner and the test taker.
Check Out: IRCTC Full Form
For each part- Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking a score will be allotted to the test taker. After that average will be taken of individual scores and rounded off. At last, we will get the Overall Band Score.
No test taker will be failing up in this examination. The score will be given up on the basis of a nine-band scale. The description of nine band will be as follows:
|8||Very Good User|
|3||Extremely Limited User|
|0||Did not attempt the test|
Candidates, who are thinking of applying for IELTS Exam, may get complete information about the test structure from this page. The team of recruitmentresult.com has provided complete details such as IELTS Full Form, its pattern, scoring etc on this single page. Stay in touch with us for similar updates.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|CIBIL Full Form||What is the Full Form of IFSC?|
|ICICI Bank Full Form||What is the full form CAG|
|What is the Full Form of GAIL||CGST Full Form|
|FSSAI Full Form||What is ECGC|