Download updated AFCAT Syllabus from here. Candidates who are going to appear in Air Force Common Admission Test Exam for EKT/ Flying/ Technical / Ground Duty Branch can start their preparation according to latest AFCAT Exam Syllabus which is given here.
Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT Technical Exam in the month of August for selection of officers in all branches of the IAF (except medical and dental). You need to prepare for exam as per AFCAT Syllabus 2018 to score good marks in exam. So, download EKT/ Flying/ Technical /GD Branch (Subject Wise) from here.
This Page Highlights:
What after AFCAT Exam Result?
On the basis of AFCAT Result, candidates will be hired in following Branches such as Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only), Technical Branch (Permanent Commission & Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent Commission & Short Service Commission).
To join Technical Branch of Air Force, it is mandatory to qualify Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). By going through AFCAT Exam Pattern, you may know distribution of marks as per sections. So, you have to prepare time table and allotting time to each topic as mentioned in AFCAT EKT Syllabus.
Candidates can collect all the information about AFCAT Syllabus 2018 such as AFCAT Flying Branch, AFCAT Technical Branch Exam Syllabus, and Exam Pattern through this page well equipped by team members of recruitmentresult.com
AFCAT Syllabus for Verbal Ability (English) Topics
- Spotting Error
- Selecting Words
- Sentence Formation
- Ordering of Words
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Improvement
- Completing Statements
- Ordering of Sentences
- Paragraph Formation
- Cloze Test
- One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Phrases
- Change of Voice
- Change of Speech
- Verbal Analogies
Read Now: How to Prepare for English
Numerical Ability AFCAT EKT Syllabus
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Linear Equation
- Quadric Equation
- Complex Numbers
- Progression (Sequences & Series)
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set theory
Reasoning – AFCAT EKT Syllabi
- Logical Sequences of Words
- Blood Relation Test
- Series Completion
- Cause and Effects
- Venn Diagrams
- Cube and Cuboid
- Seating Arrangements
- Character Puzzles
- Direction Sense Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Verification of Truth
Read Now: How to Prepare for Reasoning
AFCAT EKT 2018 Exam Syllabus for General Awareness
- Basic General Knowledge
- Indian History
- General Sciences
- Famous Personalities
- Indian Politics
- World Geography
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Books and Authors
- Indian Culture
- World Organization
AFCAT Exam Pattern:
By going through Exam Pattern and AFCAT Syllabus, you can allot time to each and every topic as mentioned in syllabus. Besides this, it gives idea about topics covered in each section. Go through detailed AFCAT Exam Pattern listed below for your convenience.
- In AFCAT 2018 question paper, there are total 100 questions carrying 300 marks.
- Each question carry 3 marks each.
- Time Duration for Exam is 02:00 hours only. You will not get any extra time for solving question paper.
|Subjects||Questions & Marks||Duration of EKT 2018|
|Verbal Ability||100 Questions of 300 Total Marks|
Rounds after qualifying AFCAT?
- Candidates who will qualify Air Force Common Admission Test have to appear for further process, which are given below.
- Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) will be held for candidates applying for technical branch.
- After this test, Stage 1 (intelligence test and other test), Stage 2 (Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview) and Stage 3 (CPSS and PABT for Flying Branch) will be conducted.
- At last Medical Examination will be conducted.
Check Latest Updates of AFCAT:
Stages of AFCAT Examination:
Air Force Common Admission Test Syllabus is divided into three important stages which are as follows.
- In Stage I, candidates will be appearing in screening process and those who qualifies the Phase I will undergo further Testing.
- Qualified candidates in AFCAT Examination 2018 will be called for Document verification.
- Stage I will comprise of Intelligence Test and other examination.
- Stage II will comprise Psychological, Group Tests and Interview.
- In Five Days, these tests will be organized by concerned authority.
- On qualified candidates in Stage I will be eligible to appear in Stage II of Air Force Common Admission Test 2018 & EKT 2018 Examination
For Flying Branch
- Applied aspirants for AFCAT Commission Officer Jobs in Flying Branch will be tested on the basis of Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
- You can appear ion Computerized Pilot Selection System test only once in your whole journey of Commission Officer (CO).
- In CPSS/PABT test, candidates who have not qualified will not be considered to be appointed as Flying Branch.
AFCAT exam also contains the Negative Marking Scheme for every wrong answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer whereas the unanswered questions do not contain any marking neither negative nor positive. So, candidates should be very careful while answering the questions.
Give Now: AFCAT Online Mock Test
AFCAT 2018 Exam Centres:
Check Also: AFCAT Previous Year Question Papers
Something about Indian Air Force:
Every year, Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test to select eligible candidates. Enormous no. of aspirants applied for IAF Exam to get admitted in following branches such as Technical Branch, Flying Branch, and Ground Duty.
This exam comprises of sections as General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. Get equipped with latest AFCAT EKT Exam Pattern and Syllabus listed above.
Purpose of Conducting Exam:
Indian Air Force is one of the premier Indian armed forces. It laid its foundation stones on 8 October 1932. Indian Air Force conducts this exam for hiring talented personals for these respected positions.
- Technical Branch
- Flying Branch
- Ground Duty
It is an all India level Test Air Force Common Admission Test which is organized time to time in all the branches of IAF to appoint skilled aspirants for filling up vacancies of Commissioned Officers. This test is organized twice (usually in February and September) every year for selection of Officers in various branches of the force including Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.
Check Here: Tips to Make Study Interesting
Important Tips to Crack AFCAT:
- Start preparation before 1 month to crack the AFCAT exam.
- Use the rough paper given at the end by IAF to solve your maths or spatial ability part.
- Always start will the easiest section of the question paper.
- Double check your answers.
- Start preparing for the exam by using the syllabus from the AFCAT Exam Books, AFCAT classroom coaching or your could also join AFCAT exam coaching.
- Last year many candidates did wrong marking on their OMR sheet due to which their OMR sheet was marked as invalid, so make sure to stop doing silly mistake.
- Reach on time.
- Take more time in difficult part.
By going through above information concerning AFCAT Syllabus 2018, you can prepare well for AFCAT Exam. You can go through AFCAT Technical Branch, Flying and GD Branch Exam syllabus listed above. To know more about AFCAT Syllabus, follow its Official Link.
Check These Quick Links:
You may also follow us on Face book and Google plus to acquire latest notifications time to time about recruitments, admit cards, answer keys, results etc directly on your timeline.