Acquire updated AFCAT Syllabus from here. Candidates who have enrolled for Air Force Common Admission Test Exam for EKT/ Flying/ Technical / Ground Duty Branch can start their preparation according to latest AFCAT Exam Syllabus. This exam is schedule to be organized in the month of August. Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT Technical Exam for selection of officers in all branches of the IAF (except medical and dental).All you need is to prepare well as per AFCAT Syllabus 2017 to score good marks in exam.
This Page Highlights:
Aspirants who perform well in Exam are hired in Branches such as Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only), Technical Branch (Permanent Commission & Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent Commission & Short Service Commission). Those who want to join Technical Branch of Air Force have to qualify Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). By going through AFCAT Exam Pattern, you may know distribution of marks as per sections. So, you have to prepare time table and allotting time to each topic as mentioned in AFCAT EKT Syllabus. Collect all information regarding AFCAT Syllabus 2017–2018 such as AFCAT Flying Branch, AFCAT Technical Branch Exam Syllabus, and Exam Pattern through this page well equipped by team members of recruitmentresult.com
Every year, Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test in which huge aspirants apply for taking admissions in various branches such as Technical Branch, Flying Branch, and Ground Duty. This exam comprises of sections such as General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. Get equipped with latest AFCAT EKT Exam Pattern and Syllabus listed here.
Read Now: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
Verbal Ability (English) Topics
- Spotting Error
- Selecting Words
- Sentence Formation
- Ordering of Words
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Improvement
- Completing Statements
- Ordering of Sentences
- Paragraph Formation
- Cloze Test
- One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Phrases
- Change of Voice
- Change of Speech
- Verbal Analogies
Read Now: How to Prepare for English
Numerical Ability AFCAT EKT Syllabus
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Linear Equation
- Quadric Equation
- Complex Numbers
- Progression (Sequences & Series)
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set theory
Read Now: How to Prepare for Maths
Reasoning – AFCAT EKT Syllabi
- Logical Sequences of Words
- Blood Relation Test
- Series Completion
- Cause and Effects
- Venn Diagrams
- Cube and Cuboid
- Seating Arrangements
- Character Puzzles
- Direction Sense Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Verification of Truth
Read Also: How To Prepare For GK
AFCAT EKT 2017 Exam Syllabus for General Awareness
- Basic General Knowledge
- Indian History
- General Sciences
- Famous Personalities
- Indian Politics
- World Geography
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Books and Authors
- Indian Culture
- World Organization
You May Read This: How to Prepare for Reasoning
AFCAT Exam Pattern:
By going through Exam Pattern and AFCAT Syllabus, you can allot time to each and every topic as mentioned in syllabus. Besides this, it gives idea about topics covered in each section. Go through detailed Exam Pattern listed below for your convenience.
- In AFCAT 2017-18 question paper, there are total 100 questions carrying 300 marks.
- Each question carry 3 marks each.
- Time Duration for Exam is 02:00 hours only. You will not get any extra time for solving question paper.
|Sr. no||Subjects||Questions & Marks||Duration of EKT 2017|
|1.||Verbal Ability||100 Questions of 300 Total Marks||Ø 45 Minutes for EKT & 02 Hours for AFCAT 2017|
Ø There will be negative marking of 01 mark for both as AFCAT & EKT
Rounds after qualifying AFCAT?
- Candidates who will qualify Air Force Common Admission Test have to appear for further process, which are given below.
- Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) will be held for candidates applying for technical branch.
- After this test, Stage 1 (intelligence test and other test), Stage 2 (Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview) and Stage 3 (CPSS and PABT for Flying Branch) will be conducted.
- At last Medical Examination will be conducted.
Check Latest Updates of AFCAT:
|Stage I||Phase II||For Flying Branch|
AFCAT exam also contains the Negative Marking Scheme for every wrong answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer whereas the unanswered questions do not contain any marking neither negative nor positive. So, candidates should be very careful while answering the questions.
Give Now: AFCAT Online Mock Test
AFCAT 2017 Exam Centres:
|Bengaluru,||Guwahati||Kalaikunda (Kharagpur)||Port Blair||Vadodara|
Purpose of Conducting Exam:
Indian Air Force is one of the premier Indian armed forces. It laid its foundation stones on 8 October 1932. Indian Air Force conducts this exam for hiring talented personals for these respected positions.
- Technical Branch
- Flying Branch
- Ground Duty
It is an all India level Test Air Force Common Admission Test which is organized time to time in all the branches of IAF to appoint skilled aspirants for filling up vacancies of Commissioned Officers. This test is organized twice (usually in February and September) every year for selection of Officers in various branches of the force including Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.
Check Here: Tips to Make Study Interesting
Important Tips to Crack AFCAT:
- Start preparation before 1 month to crack the AFCAT exam.
- Use the rough paper given at the end by IAF to solve your maths or spatial ability part.
- Always start will the easiest section of the question paper.
- Double check your answers.
- Start preparing for the exam by using the syllabus from the AFCAT exam books, AFCAT classroom coaching or your could also join AFCAT exam coaching.
- Last year many candidates did wrong marking on their OMR sheet due to which their OMR sheet was marked as invalid, so make sure to stop doing silly mistake.
- Reach on time.
- Take more time in difficult part.
Read Now: How to Get in the Mood to Study
By going through above information concerning AFCAT Syllabus 2017–2018, you can prepare well for AFCAT Exam. You can go through AFCAT Technical Branch, Flying and GD Branch Exam syllabus listed above. To know more about AFCAT Syllabus, follow its Official Link.
Check These Quick Links:
You may also follow us on Face book and Google plus to acquire latest notifications time to time about recruitments, admit cards, answer keys, results etc directly on your timeline.