NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfills the NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021 including Qualification/Age Limit/Height/Weight can apply for NDA I and II exams. The detail description of NDA I eligibility details and NDA exam dates are mentioned on this page.
NDA Notification 2021
- Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Name of the Examination: National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
NDA 2021 Important Dates:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Announced)|
|NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of Notification||30-12-2020||09-06- 2021|
|Availability of Application Form||30-12-2020||09-06-2021|
|Last date to apply||19-01-2021||29-06-2021|
|Availability of Admit card||March 2021||August 2021|
|NDA 2021 Exam||18-04-2021||05-09-2021|
|Declaration of Result||May 2021||November 2021|
NDA Eligibility Criteria
NDA Eligibility Criteria – Nationality:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Eligibility Criteria for NDA – Marital Status:
According to the norms of NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria , Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
NDA Eligibility Qualification:
|Post name||Eligibility For NDA Qualification Required|
|For Army wing|
|Applicants must have passed|
12th Class of the 10+2 pattern
of School Education or equivalent
examination organized by a State
Education Board or a University.
|For Air Force and|
Naval Wings of
and for the 10+2
Cadet Entry Scheme
at the Indian Naval Academy
|Candidates should have done|
12th Class pass of the 10+2
pattern of School Education or
equivalent with Physics
and Mathematics conducted by
a State Education Board or a University.
You Can Also Check: Latest 12th Pass Jobs
NDA Exam Eligibility Age:
- According to the NDA Recruitment Eligibility / NDA Eligibility Age Limit candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2002 are eligible
- No relaxation in age will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories as mention in NDA Age Eligibility.
Physical Eligibility for NDA Exam:
- NDA Physical Eligibility includes various norms that are structured below, candidates are advised to go through these norms carefully.
- According to the NDA Exam Eligibility norms candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination. The Detailed criteria for Physical Eligibility For NDA is given below:
Let’s start with Minor Errors, candidates are advised to rectify the minor errors as:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Under Sized Chest
NDA Eligibility 2021 – Body tattoos:
NDA Entrance Exam Eligibility also has a norm over Tattoos. Tattoos on inner face of forearm and candidates belongs to that tribes in which tattoo marks on any body part is in their traditions and customs will only be accepted by the Comdt Selection Centre.
Tattoos on any other body part will not be accepted such as on the inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
Height/Weight Standards For Army/Air Force:
According to the NDA Eligibility Criteria for the Height/Weight standards must be as follows:
For Army Air Force:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without Shoe||16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
To meet special requirement as a pilot in the Air Force the acceptable measurements of leg length, thigh length and sitting height will be as under:
|Special OR Specific Requirements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm 96.00cm|
Check Related Links Of UPSC NDA
|NDA 2 Admit Card||NDA Exam|
|NDA Answer Key||NDA 2 Result|
|How To Prepare For NDA||NDA Cut Off Marks|
|NDA Syllabus||NDA 1 Result|
|NDA Coaching Institute||NDA Exam Pattern|
|NDA NA 1 Admit Card||NDA Sample Papers|
|NDA Question Paper||NDA Officer Salary|
|NDA Preparation Books||NDA Interview Ques and Ans|
|NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria|
|NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria Notification PDF||Download Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria for Chest:
- Chest of applying candidate must be fully developed.
- Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms.
- The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- There should be no mal development or impairment of function of the bones or joint.
NDA 2021 Eligibility for Spinal Conditions:
Any past injury or medical history of diseases of spine or sacroiliac joints/history of spinal fracture/prolapsed inter vertebral disc and surgical treatment is a main cause for rejection in NDA. If any condition detected at the time of medical exam, then candidate will get disqualified for Air Force:
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Arthritidies/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders/ Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease/ Non articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae.
- Scheuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of cervical spine.
- Unilateral/Bilateral cervical ribs with demon strable neurological or circulatory deficit.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc. Disease.
- Presence of schmorl’s nodes at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation.
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
- Mild Kyphosis or Lordosis where deformity is barely noticeable and there is no pain or restriction of movement will not preclude acceptance.
Eligibility For NDA :
In case of noticeable Scoliosis or suspicion of any other abnormality or spinal deformity, more than mild, appropriate X-rays of the spine are to be taken and the Examinee referred for specialist’s advice.
Eligibility Criteria For NDAX-Ray Examination:
According to the NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021, If any candidate found with following diseases at the time of medical test then he/she will immediately disqualified:
- Granulomatius disease of spine
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degree for Army and Navy)
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes
- Compression fracture of Vertebra
- Sacaralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spinal Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
NDA Eligibility Hearing:
- Hearing is also a part of NDA Physical Eligibility requirements
- Hearing of candidate must be normal
- A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms. in a quiet room.
- Candidate must not have any disease related to the ear, nose and throat
- Audiometric test will be done for AF.
- Audiometric hearing loss should not be greater than 20 db in frequencies between 250 and 8000 Hz.
NDA Eligibility Criteria Eye Sight:
Distance Vision (Corrected): Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9. Myopia should not be more than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest hypermetropia not more than +3.5D including Astigmatism.
NDA 2021 Eligibility Eye Sight For Navy:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
NDA Recruitment Eligibility For Air Force:
|Minimum distant vision|| 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other,|
correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia
|Colour vision CP-I Hypermetropia||+2.0 D|
|Sph Manifest Myopia||Nil|
|Retinoscopic Myopia||0.5 in any|
|Meridian permitted Astigmatism||+ 0.75 D Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
NDA Eligibility Maddox Rod Test:
|at 6 meters||Exo-6 prism D|
|Eso-6 prism D|
|Hyper-1 prism D|
|Hypro-1 prism D|
|at 33 cms||Exo-16 prism D|
|Eso-6 prism D|
|Hyper-1 prism D|
|Hypo-1 prism D|
According to the rules of Eligibility For NDA Exam, Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be not eligible.
- Applicants must be physically & mentally fit as per the physical standards maintained by the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2021
- Those who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces may not apply as per NDA Eligibility Criteria.
Check Here: UPSC Jobs Notification
|LASIK surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years.|
|The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.|
|At least 12 months should have elapsed post uncomplicated stable LASIK with no history or evidence of any complication.|
|The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns.|
|Individual with high refractive errors (> 6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. (vi)Radial Keratotomy (RK) surgery for correction of refractive errors is not permitted for any Air Force duties. Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be declared unfit.|
- Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
- Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each)
- Chin ups (minimum 08)
- Rope climbing 3-4 metres.
Other NDA Eligibility Medical Requirements:
- no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels should found in candidate
- Candidate BP should be normal
- no enlargement of liver or spleen will be entertained
- Un-operated hernias will make a candidate unfit. In case of Hernia which has been operated, a minimum of one year must have passed prior to final medical examination before commencement of the course.
- Candidate should now have hydrocele, varicocele or piles
- Urine examination must get qualified by contender
- Skin disease causing disability or disfigurement may cause rejection
- Candidate should have sufficient number of natural and sound teeth
- A minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable.
- When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22. A candidate should not be suffering from severe pyorrhoea.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must be within normal limits.
Selection Procedure for National Defence Academy
UPSC conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam in Two Stages which is mention below:
NDA Written Exam
- Firstly, organization conducts written examination for the selection of NDA.
- After conducting the Written Examination, qualified candidates are eligible to appear for next stages.
- Qualified candidates will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test conducted by SSB (Services Selection Board).
- Selection procedure will be based on two stages 1st is Psychological Aptitude Test and 2nd is Intelligence Test which will be organized at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- After qualifying both stages, applicants need to submit original certificates along with one photocopy each of original matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent.
About National Defence Academy
The first tri-service academy in world is National Defence Academy (NDA). This academy trains three service cadets Army, Navy and Air Force together. It is situated at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra.
It selects its candidates through written examination and after that interview conducted by Union Public Service Commission. It also take medical test of the candidate before appointing him/her for vacant post. Candidates who get selected then will be posted for training program.
Final Note: To Know More About NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021, You Are Suggested To Be In Touch With Us.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Entrance Exam||Upcoming Government Jobs|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|Latest Jobs By Qualification||UPSC Books|
|UPSC Answer Key||UPSC Result|