NDA Eligibility Criteria
National Defense Academy conducts various recruitment exams to hire eligible contenders in Air Force, Navy and Army. Only eligible contenders get chance to appear in NDA Examination. NDA Eligibility Criteria does not only include Qualification or Age Limit.
There are various other factors that are included in NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018. Here on this page we are going to discuss about all the NDA Eligibility requirements for SC/ST/OBC candidates including Age Limit, Qualification and Physical Requirements.
UPSC Conducts NDA Examination:
Every year Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA Examination two times with the objective to hire deserving candidates into three cadets that is Air Force, Navy and Army. Candidates who are interested to join Indian Defence Force appear in this examination.
Highlights Of This Page:
NDA officer enjoy lots of facilities and benefits provided by the central government including high remuneration. The union public service commission recruits only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility norms, so candidates must check NDA Eligibility Criteria before applying.
In this concern we have provided all the significant information related to NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018, candidates who are willing to apply can check the details by scrolling down the page which is well modified by the hardworking team members of recruitmentresult.com
NDA Eligibility Criteria
NDA Eligibility – Nationality:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Eligibility Of NDA – Marital Status:
According to the norms of NDA Exam Eligibility 2018, Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
NDA Eligibility Qualification:
|Eligibility For NDA Qualification Required|
|For Army wing of|
National Defence Academy
|Applicants must have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination organized by a State Education Board or a University.|
|For Air Force and|
Naval Wings of National
Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy
Candidates should have done 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
You Can Also Check: Latest 12th Pass Jobs
NDA Exam Eligibility Age:
- According to the NDA Eligibility Requirements / NDA Eligibility Age Limitcandidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2002 are eligible
- No relaxation in age will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.
Physical NDA 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- NDA Exam Physical Eligibility includes various norms that are structuiredbelow, candidates are advised to go through these norms carefully.
- According to the NDA Exam Eligibility norms candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination. The Detailed criteria for Physical Eligibility For NDA is given below:
Let’s start with Minor Errors, candidates are advised to rectify the minor errors as:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Under Sized Chest
How to fill: NDA Application Form
NDA Eligibility 2018 – Body tattoos:
NDA Entrance Exam Eligibility also has a norm over Tattoos. Tattoos on inner face of forearm and candidates belongs to that tribes in which tattoo marks on any body part is in their traditions and customs will only be accepted by the Comdt Selection Centre.
Tattoos on any other body part will not be accepted such as on the inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
HEIGHT/WEIGHT STANDARDS FOR ARMY/AIR FORCE:
According to the Eligibility for NDA Exam 2018 the Height/Weight standards must be as follows:
For Army Air Force:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Want to Know? How To Prepare For NDA
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
To meet special requirement as a pilot in the Air Force the acceptable measurements of leg length, thigh length and sitting height will be as under:
|Special OR Specific Requirements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm 96.00cm|
Check Related Links Of UPSC NDA
|NDA 2 Admit Card||NDA Exam Centers|
|NDA Answer Key||NDA 2 Result|
|NDA Age Limit||NDA Cut Off Marks|
|NDA Syllabus||NDA 1 Result|
|NDA Coaching Institute||NDA Exam Pattern|
|NDA NA 1 Admit Card||NDA Sample Papers|
|UPSC NDA 1 Answer Key||UPSC Calendar|
NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria for Chest:
- Chest of applying candidate must be fully developed
- Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms
- The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms
- There should be no maldevelopment or impairment of function of the bones or joint.
Must Check Before Applying: NDA Officer Salary
NDA 2018 Eligibility for Spinal Conditions:
Any past injury or medical history of diseases of spine or sacroiliac joints/history of spinal fracture/prolapsed inter vertebral disc and surgical treatment is a main cause for rejection in NDA. If any condition detected at the time of medical exam, then candidate will get disqualified for Air Force:
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Arthritidies/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders/ Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease/ Non articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae.
- Scheuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of cervical spine.
- Unilateral/Bilateral cervical ribs with demon strable neurological or circulatory deficit.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc. Disease.
- Presence of schmorl’s nodes at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation.
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
Mild Kyphosis or Lordosis where deformity is barely noticeable and there is no pain or restriction of movement will not preclude acceptance.
Go Through This Article: How To Join NDA
Eligibility For NDA 2018:
In case of noticeable Scoliosis or suspicion of any other abnormality or spinal deformity, more than mild, appropriate X-rays of the spine are to be taken and the Examinee referred for specialist’s advice.
Eligibility Criteria For NDAX-ray examination:
According to the NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018, If any candidate found with following diseases at the time of medical test then he/she will immediately disqualified:
- Granulomatius disease of spine
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degree for Army and Navy)
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes
- Compression fracture of Vertebra
- Sacaralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spinal Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
NDA Eligibility 2018 Hearing:
- Hearing is also a part of NDA Physical Eligibility requirements
- Hearing of candidate must be normal
- A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms. in a quiet room.
- Candidate must not have any disease related to the ear, nose and throat
- Audiometric test will be done for AF.
- Audiometric hearing loss should not be greater than 20 db in frequencies between 250 and 8000 Hz.
Check Here: UPSC Entrance Exam
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018 Eye Sight:
Distance Vision (Corrected): Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9. Myopia should not be more than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest hypermetropia not more than +3.5D including Astigmatism
NDA 2018 Eligibility Eye Sight For Navy:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
NDA Recruitment Eligibility For Air Force:
|Minimum distant vision||6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia|
|Colour vision CP-I Hypermetropia||+2.0 D|
|Sph Manifest Myopia||Nil|
|Retinoscopic Myopia||0.5 in any|
|Meridian permitted Astigmatism||+ 0.75 D Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
NDA Eligibility Maddox Rod Test:
|at 6 meters|
|at 33 cms|
According to the rules of Eligibility For NDA Exam, Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be not eligible.
Check Also: NDA Preparation Books
LASIK surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years.
|The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.|
|At least 12 months should have elapsed post uncomplicated stable LASIK with no history or evidence of any complication.|
|The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns.|
Individual with high refractive errors (> 6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. (vi)Radial Keratotomy (RK) surgery for correction of refractive errors is not permitted for any Air Force duties. Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be declared unfit.
- Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
- Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each)
- Chin ups (minimum 08)
- Rope climbing 3-4 metres.
Other NDA Eligibility Medical Requirements:
- no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels should found in candidate
- Candidate BP should be normal
- no enlargement of liver or spleen will be entertained
- Un-operated hernias will make a candidate unfit. In case of Hernia which has been operated, a minimum of one year must have passed prior to final medical examination before commencement of the course.
- Candidate should now have hydrocele, varicocele or piles
- Urine examination must get qualified by contender
- Skin disease causing disability or disfigurement may cause rejection
- Candidate should have sufficient number of natural and sound teeth
- A minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable.
- When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22. A candidate should not be suffering from severe pyorrhoea.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must be within normal limits.
Check Here: UPSC Jobs Notification
Selection Procedure for National Defence Academy
UPSC conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam in Two Stages which is mention below:
NDA Written Exam
- Firstly, organization conducts written examination for the selection of NDA.
- After conducting the Written Examination, qualified candidates are eligible to appear for next stages.
- Qualified candidates will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test conducted by SSB (Services Selection Board).
- Selection procedure will be based on two stages 1st is Psychological Aptitude Test and 2nd is Intelligence Test which will be organized at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- After qualifying both stages, applicants need to submit original certificates along with one photocopy each of original matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent.
Read Here: Easy Ways to Crack SSB Interview
About National Defence Academy:
The first tri-service academy in world is National Defence Academy (NDA). This academy trains three service cadets Army, Navy and Air Force together. It is situated at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It selects its candidates through written examination and after that interview conducted by Union Public Service Commission. It also take medical test of the candidate before appointing him/her for vacant post. Candidates who get selected then will be posted for training program.
You May Read This: NDA Interview Questions and Answers
Candidates who want to obtain more information regarding NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018, they must go through this Official Link provided here. Candidates also bookmark this web portal by tapping CTRL+D to get latest updates.