GATE Eligibility Criteria
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is national level entrance exam organized by one of the IITs. Before participating in GATE Exam, all the interested candidates are required to check GATE Eligibility Criteria 2021.
As per Eligibility for GATE, there is no age limit to appear in GATE Exam. Candidates, who will match with GATE Eligibility Criteria 2021, will only eligible to fill GATE Application Form only. You can also know the Qualification criteria, No. of Attempts by going through this page.
GATE 2021 overview:
|Name of the organization||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras|
|Name of exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|GATE Online Application Processing System Opens||11th September 2020|
|Last date For GATE Online Application||7th October 2020|
|GATE Admit Card Will Download From||8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Exam Date|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|Declaration Of GATE Result||22nd March 2021|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Nationality / Citizenship:
The student must be either:
- A Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
What is the GATE Qualification?
The complete GATE Exam eligibility criteria is mentioned below, students who are going to appear for gate exam must be having any of these relevant degrees.
|Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible Candidates||Expected Year of Completion|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.|
|Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2022|
|Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2023 (for 5-year|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.|
|Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2022|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent|
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2022|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)|
|Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2024|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)|
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2023|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.Sc/M.Sc.|
|Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. Sc/M. Sc. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2022|
|Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)|
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
More Links Related To GATE:
|GATE Syllabus||GATE Study Material|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Rank Predictor|
|GATE Result||GATE Application Form|
|GATE Cut Off||GATE Login|
|GATE Admit Card|
GATE Eligibility Criteria For International Students
Those Candidate who are from outside India must meet below given criteria:
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in a relevant Science Subject.
- Appearing for the final year of the degree course are also eligible.
GATE Eligibility for Backlog Students
Candidates who have backlogs in any paper should do the following either:
- Submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year or
- Have to obtain a declaration from their Principal along with the signature and seal beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form.
Do You Know: How To Get Admission In Engineering Colleges
GATE Age Limit:
There is no restriction on students’ age those who are willing to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2021 as per Eligibility for GATE. Aspirant of any age are eligible to appear in GATE Exam.
Number of Attempts For GATE:
There is no limit on number of attempts to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Exam. According to Eligibility Criteria for GATE, aspirants can take this test as many times as they want but one should try to clear it in first or second attempt.
Check Out List Of: Top Engineering Colleges In India
What’s New in GATE 2021?
Introduction of some of the new features have been made in GATE. Please have a look…..
- A new paper has been added in Gradate Aptitude Test In Engineering by Indian Institute of Technology, Madras i.e. Statistics (ST).
- International students will now be able to apply for GATE 2021. Students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) will be allowed to appear for GATE 2021 Exam.
It is compulsory for the students to match the much needed GATE 2021 Eligibility criteria before applying against it. Only those students who fulfill the criteria can attend the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2021 Exam.
Press Here: GATE 2021 Official Website
Students can visit the Official Link and they will get the complete information about GATE Eligibility Criteria 2021.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Engineering Exam Calendar||How Do Toppers Study?|
|List Of Entrance Exam in India||Engineering Entrance Exams In India|
|Best Career Opportunities||Scholarship in India|