Latest Update: GATE Syllabus 2022 PDF Available Here! Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2022) is going to be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th and 13th February 2022. Those Candidates who want to get admissions in Post-graduate engineering courses must start their preparation according GATE Syllabus 2022. GATE Exam SyllabusBranch Wise of CSE, ECE, ME, CE (All Papers) willhelp in planning the preparation strategy.
Students who are going to apply for GATE 2022 can download GATE Syllabus 2022 PDF for all 24 papers. We have given GATE Branch Wise Syllabus on this page which can help you to do the same. So, please have a look….
GATE 2022 Overview:
|Examination Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly Known As||GATE|
|Conducting Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|GATE 2022 Website||gate.iitkgp.ac.in|
|Administered By||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
|Examination Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Frequency of Examination||Annual|
|Total Number of Exam Cities||195 (excluding 6 international centres)|
|Number of GATE Papers||29 (Two new Subject papers added)|
|Number of Questions in Each Paper||65|
|Total Marks of Examination||100|
|Validity of GATE Score/Grade||3 Years|
|Number of Test Takers||858,890|
GATE Syllabus 2022
GATE 2022 Important Dates:
|Events||Dates 2022 (Announced)|
|Release of GATE Notification||August/ September 2021|
|Release of GATE Application Form||30-08-2021|
|End of application process||24-09-2021|
|Last date of registration with late fee payment||01-10-2021|
|Last date to make changes in category, paper and exam city with additional fee payment||12-11-2021|
|Release of GATE Admit Card||03-01-2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam||05-02-2022, 06-02-2022, 12-02-2022 and 13-02-2022|
|Release of GATE Answer Key||February/ March 2022|
|Declaration of GATE Result||17-03-2022|
|Availability of GATE Scorecard||Last week of March 2022|
GATE Exam Pattern 2022:
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Number of Papers in GATE 2022||29 Papers|
|Section||General Aptitude (GA)Candidate Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions|
|Design of Questions||The questions are designed to test the listed abilities|
|Number of Questions||65 Questions (including 10 questions from General Aptitude)|
|Distribution of Questions in all Papers except AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL|
|Distribution of Questions in AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||All of the questions will be worth 1 or 2 marks|
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) section||Subject Marks||Total Marks|
|AR, AE, BT, AG, CH, CE, CY, CS, EE, EC, EY, ES, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, PH, ST, TF & BM||15||85||100|
|GG (Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics))||15||25 + 60||100|
|XE (Section A + Any two sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|XH (Section B1 + Any one section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|XL (Section P + Any two sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Points To Be Noted:
Contestants, who are going to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE Exam 2022), must check GATE Examination Syllabus / GATE Exam Pattern to know about the no. of questions in GATE Exam, marking schemes, important section in GATE 2022 question paper.
GATE Exam Negative Marking Details:
|Type of Questions||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark||0.33|
|Numerical Answer Questions||1 mark||Nil|
Download GATE Syllabus PDF From Here
GATE 2022 Syllabus
GATE Statistics Syllabus
- Finite, countable and uncountable sets, Real number system as a complete ordered field, Archimedean property; Sequences and series, convergence; Limits, continuity, uniform continuity, differentiability, mean value theorems;
- Riemann integration, Improper integrals; Functions of two or three variables, continuity, directional derivatives, partial derivatives, total derivative, maxima and minima, saddle point, method of Lagrange’s multipliers;
- Double and Triple integrals and their applications; Line integrals and Surface integrals, Green’s theorem, Stokes’ theorem, and Gauss divergence theorem.
- Finite dimensional vector spaces over real or complex fields; Linear transformations and their matrix representations, rank; systems of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, minimal polynomial
- Cayley-Hamilton Theorem, diagonalization, Jordan canonical form, symmetric, skew-symmetric, Hermitian, skew- Hermitian, orthogonal and unitary matrices; Finite dimensional inner product spaces, Gram-Schmidt orthonormalization process, definite forms.
- Classical, relative frequency and axiomatic definitions of probability, conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem, independent events;
- Random variables and probability distributions, moments and moment generating functions, quantiles;
- Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions; Probability inequalities (Chebyshev, Markov, Jensen); Function of a random variable;
- Jointly distributed random variables, marginal and conditional distributions, product moments, joint moment generating functions, independence of random variables;
- Transformations of random variables, sampling distributions, distribution of order statistics and range; Characteristic functions; Modes of convergence;
- Weak and strong laws of large numbers; Central limit theorem for i.i.d. random variables with existence of higher order moments.
Read Here: How to Prepare for Maths
Markov chains with finite and countable state space, classification of states, limiting behavior of n-step transition probabilities, stationary distribution, Poisson and birth-and-death processes.
- Unbiasedness, consistency, sufficiency, completeness, uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimation, method of moments and maximum likelihood estimations;
- Confidence intervals; Tests of hypotheses, most powerful and uniformly most powerful tests, likelihood ratio tests, large sample test, Sign test, Wilcoxon signed rank test, Mann- Whitney U test, test for independence and Chi-square test for goodness of fit.
Simple and multiple linear regression, polynomial regression, estimation, confidence intervals and testing for regression coefficients; Partial and multiple correlation coefficients.
- Basic properties of multivariate normal distribution; Multinomial distribution; Wishart distribution;
- Hotellings T2 and related tests; Principal component analysis; Discriminant analysis; Clustering.
- Design of Experiments: One and two-way ANOVA, CRD, RBD, LSD, 22 and 23 Factorial experiments.
GATE Computer Science and Information Technology Syllabus
Computer Science and Information Technology
Section1: GATE Exam Syllabus For Engineering Mathematics
|GATE Syllabus For Calculus|
Section 2: GATE Syllabus For Digital Logic
|Digital Logic||Boolean algebra. Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).|
Section 3: Computer Organization and Architecture:
|Computer Organization and Architecture|
Section 4: Programming and Data Structures:
|Programming and Data Structures||Programming in C. Recursion. Arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, trees, binary search trees, binary heaps, graphs.|
Section 5: GATE Detailed Syllabus For Algorithms
|GATE Syllabus for Algorithms|
Section 6: Theory of Computation:
|Theory of Computation|
Check Here: Engineering Exam Calendar
Section 7: GATE Syllabus For Compiler Design Lexical analysis
|Compiler Design Lexical analysis||parsing, syntax-directed translation. Runtime environments. Intermediate code generation.|
Section 8: Operating System Processes:
|Operating System Processes||threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency and synchronization. Deadlock. CPU scheduling. Memory management and virtual memory. File systems.|
Section 9: GATE Syllabus For Databases ER‐model:
|Databases ER‐model||Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints, normal forms. File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency control.|
Section 10: GATE Latest Syllabus For Computer Networks Concept of layering
|Computer Networks Concept of layering|
GATE Syllabus 2022 – Civil Engineering
|Structural Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering|
|Water Resources Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Transportation Engineering||Geomatics Engineering|
GATE Syllabus – Mechanical Engineering
|Fluid Mechanics||Heat Transfer|
|Theory of Machines and Vibration|
GATE Syllabus – Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
|Networks, Signals and Systems||Electronic Devices|
|Analog Circuits||Digital Circuits|
GATE Syllabus 2022 – Architecture and Planning (AR)
|Landscape Design||Computer-Aided Design|
|Visual and Urban Design||Development of Contemporary Architecture|
More Links Related To GATE
|GATE Study Material||GATE Question Papers|
|GATE Rank Predictor||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE Login||GATE Cut Off|
|GATE Admit Card||GATE Result|
|GATE Application Form||AICTE Scholarship|
GATE Entrance Exam Updates
|Years||Candidates appeared for|
Steps To Download GATE Syllabus 2022:
Candidates, who want to download GATE 2022 Syllabus PDF, they need to follow the below mentioned step by step procedure:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the organization that is gate.iitb.ac.in to download GATE CE Syllabus.
Step 2: After that, navigate the homepage and take your cursor to choose the appropriate link concerning GATE Syllabus Download In PDF.
Step 3: Go through detailed GATE Engineering Syllabus PDF.
Step 4: After that, you may download GATE EE Syllabus / GATE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus and related stream wise syllabus from.
Step 5: Download it in PDF format and you are also advised to save GATE Syllabus For ECE 2022 and start your preparation as per topics mentioned in it.
GATE Papers & Codes:
|Architecture & Planning||AR||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Bio medical Engineering||BM||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production & Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Textile Engineering &Fibre Science||TF|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG||Geomatics Engineering||GE|
|Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2022)
On the basis of student’s score in GATE, admissions are offered in IITs, IISc, and NITs. It offers plentiful opportunities for campus placements too. Those who qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering also get financial aid of 8000/- pm in the form of UGC scholarship.
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. There are various branches of GATE examination like AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, AR, CY, GG, MA, PH and XL.
To score well in this Examination, you must have good understanding of GATE Syllabus For Civil defined by organizing institute. First and foremost step to prepare well for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is to know about recent topics added in Syllabus Of GATE.
The normal cutoff is around 650-700 GATE Score (could be a bit higher too sometimes). To get such a score, you need to secure at least 55-60 out of 100. In order to secure maximum marks you need to be familiar with the topics and GATE Revised Syllabus.
Press Here: GATE 2022 Official Website
How Can I Connect With recruitmentresult.com?
To grab more facts about GATE Syllabus 2022 you need to be in touch with recruitmentresult.com. Stay connected with us to know more about GATE New Syllabus.