GATE Application Form
On 02-09-2021, submission of GATE Application Form 2022 Process will be started at gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Interested and willing candidates can apply online by submitting the GATE Registration Form till the closing date that is 24-09-2021 (without late fee).
Before filling the GATE Online Application Form, candidates will have to check the GATE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022. This year, two new GATE 2022 Papers – Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering are added in making the total GATE Subject Papers to be 29. The exam conducting authority has decided to organize the GATE 2022 exam in online mode on February 05-02-2022, 06-02-2022, 12-02-2022 and 13-02-2022.
GATE 2022 Overview:
|Examination Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly Known As||GATE|
|Conducting Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|GATE 2022 Website||gate.iitkgp.ac.in|
|Administered By||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
|Examination Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Frequency of Examination||Annual|
|Total Number of Exam Cities||195 (excluding 6 international centres)|
|Number of GATE Papers||29 (Two new Subject papers added)|
|Number of Questions in Each Paper||65|
|Total Marks of Examination||100|
|Validity of GATE Score/Grade||3 Years|
|Number of Test Takers||858,890|
GATE 2022 – Important Dates:
|Events||Dates 2022 (Announced)|
|Release of GATE Notification||August/ September 2021|
|Release of GATE Application Form||02-09-2021|
|End of application process||24-09-2021|
|Last date of registration with late fee payment||01-10-2021|
|Last date to make changes in category, paper and exam city with additional fee payment||12-11-2021|
|Release of GATE Admit Card||03-01-2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam||05-02-2022, 06-02-2022, 12-02-2022 and 13-02-2022|
|Release of GATE Answer Key||February/ March 2022|
|Declaration of GATE Result||17-03-2022|
|Availability of GATE Scorecard||Last week of March 2022|
GATE Application Form
GATE 2022 Paper Codes:
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Aerospace Engineering||AE|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Civil Engineering||CE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Chemistry||CY||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Statistics||ST||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Biomedical Engineering||BM||Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|Humanities and Social Science||XH||Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||NM|
GATE 2022 Paper Codes for XE and XL Papers
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H||–||–|
GATE 2022 Registration Fees:
|For Exam Centres in India||Application Fee (Regular Period)||During the Extended Period (Application fee + late fee)|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|For Foreign nationality/ NRIs|
|Exam Centres in India||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
GATE 2022 Important Links:
|GATE 2022 Papers||Press Here|
|GATE 2022 Apply Online||Press Here|
|New Papers in GATE 2022||Press Here|
|Download Information||Press Here|
|Old Question Papers||Press Here|
|Exam Cities||Press Here|
|Contact Details||Press Here|
|Official Website Link||Press Here|
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern:
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Number of Papers in GATE 2022||29 Papers|
|Section||General Aptitude (GA)Candidate Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions|
|Design of Questions||The questions are designed to test the listed abilities|
|Number of Questions||65 Questions (including 10 questions from General Aptitude)|
|Distribution of Questions in all Papers except AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL|
|Distribution of Questions in AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||All of the questions will be worth 1 or 2 marks|
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) section||Subject Marks||Total Marks|
|AR, AE, BT, AG, CH, CE, CY, CS, EE, EC, EY, ES, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, PH, ST, TF & BM||15||85||100|
|GG (Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics))||15||25 + 60||100|
|XE (Section A + Any two sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|XH (Section B1 + Any one section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|XL (Section P + Any two sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
GATE 2022 Registration Instructions
- When candidates are going to fill the Online GATE Registration Form, they are suggested to read the GATE Information Brochure carefully before starting GATE Online Registration 2022.
- You have to fill all of the required fields very carefully and completely in correct manner.
- After that, save and verify the filled information before pressing on the “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button.
- Once the GATE Application form is submitted, the candidates will not be allowed to make any changes to the entered details.
- Candidates who are going to fill GATE 2022 Online Registration Form should download GATE 2022 Registration Slip or take print out copy for avoid any problem in future.
Procedure To Submit GATE Application Form 2022
Step1: GOAPS Registration/ GOAPS Login
- First of all, candidates who are willing to participate in the GATE 2022 Exam are required to visit to the official web portal of Indian Institutes of Technology Bombay that is “gate.iitb.ac.in”
- Then you have to scroll down the cursor and press on the “GOAPS” link available in the ‘Quick Links’ section at the left side of the home portal.
- Already registered candidates need to go for GATE Login 2022 Link.
- New users are required to press GATE Registration link and enter asked details in the format.
- Afterwards you will receive ID and Password For GATE 2022 Login.
- Login your ID with the help of generated Password.
Step2: Filling of GATE Application Form
- Now the candidates have to Fill GATE 2022 Application Form.
- For this concern, first of all, you have to press on the “Start the GATE 2022 application” button and proceed.
- Now candidates will have to upload their eligibility certificates, Category certificates, scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression as according to the requirements along with GATE Application Form Download.
Step3: Payment of GATE Application Fees
- After that, candidates will have to pay the application fees through online (net banking or debit/ credit card).
- According to the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable.
- The fees amount and bank charges will be shown to the candidates and they will have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2022.
- At the end, you are required to download the PDF Copy of application form by hitting “Download Application Form” button.
Step4: Submission of Filled GATE Application Form
- Candidates have to submit their filled GATE Application form on the official web portal.
- It is important that candidate fills-in all the details in GOAPS without any error.
- The GATE Online Application Form is liable to be rejected if there is an error, so you have to recheck twice and then submit the application form.
- Also don’t forget to take a print out of the filled GATE 2022 Application form for future usage during examination.
More Links Related To GATE
|GATE Syllabus||GATE Study Material|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Rank Predictor|
|GATE Eligibility Criteria||GATE Admit Card|
|GATE Cut Off||GATE Login|
Steps to Check GATE 2022 Application Status
Step1: When GATE Application Form of the contenders will be found accurate, complete, correct and in order then it will be accepted by the operator.
Step2: If not, then defects will be highlighted in the GATE Registration form and candidate will be informed about the same for rectification purpose.
Step3: GATE Application Status and defects identified in the application form will be informed to the candidates through email and/ or SMS.
Step4: You can easily check the status of the GATE Online Application form anytime by logging into through their GOAPS email ID and password.
Recovery of Enrolment ID or Password
In case you will forget your enrollment id or password then stop worrying as here on the below section we are providing you the detailed info through which you can recover it without any difficulty:
Forgot Enrolment ID or not received their Enrolment ID via Email:
For this concern, you have to select this option and submit your registered mobile number and password. The enrolment ID will be sent via SMS to the candidate’s mobile number.
In this case, provide your enrolment ID and password. Similarly, the password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Forgot Registration Number – Steps to Recover Registration ID
GATE 2022 Application Correction
The candidates will have to send an email titled “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” to the authorities along with the document proof for GATE Application Form Correction. You can only be able to change only the following categories for GATE Application Correction:
- Name of the candidate (minor change in spelling)
- Date of birth (minor change in year)
- Name of Parent/Guardian (minor change in spelling)
- Category status from General to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree (changes in Yes/No)
- Year of Qualifying Degree (minor change in year)
Documents Required While Filling Online GATE Application Form
At the Time of the submission of GATE 2022 Online Application Form, candidates must have the following list of documents:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute)
- Valid Photo Identity Card (Driving License/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar UID/ College ID/ Employee Identification Card/ Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address).
- For International students valid proofs are Passport/ Government Issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation in 2022 or earlier – Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate.
- In case of final year students – Copy of the Marks Sheet of the fifth or sixth or seventh semester as the case may be.
- Final year students – Provisional Certificate Letter as per format issued by the Head of Institute/ Dean/ Registrar/ Head of Department.
- For candidates in final year of AMIE – mark sheet for section A of AMIE in case of professional equivalent qualifications.
- Caste Certificate.
- Disability or PwD Certificate.
- Candidates who are pursuing higher degree or masters must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional one.
- Candidates with backlogs must upload copy of any of the mark sheet of the final year issued from the Institute where studying.
GATE 2022 Cut Off:
|Streams||General||OBC||SC/ ST/ PH|
|Electronics and Communication||25||25.5||16.50|
GATE Exam Conducting Authorities:
FAQ’s Related To GATE Application Form
Question 1: Which IIT will conduct GATE 2022?
Answer: IIT Kharagpur will conduct the GATE 2022 on February 5, 6, 12 & 13.
Question 2: Will Gate 2022 be postponed?
Answer: There is no information regarding the postponement of the GATE 2022 exam. In case of postponement, the notification will be released on the official website. It is also expected that the GATE notification regarding the exam will be released soon.
Question 3: For how many papers, a candidate can apply in GATE 2022?
Answer: A candidate can apply for only two (2) of the 29 papers listed in the GATE 2022 Information Brochure or GATE website.
Question 4: Who is eligible for GATE 2022?
Answer: The authority has released the in detail GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 on its official website.
Question 5: Is a candidate allowed to change his/her GATE Examination Paper or GATE Examination City after submission of the application?
Answer: YES. A request for the change of the GATE Examination Paper will be entertained against payment. A specific date for the same will be notified by conducting authority.
Question 6: What items are not permitted to be brought with me inside the examination venue?
Answer: Candidates can only carry GATE 2022 Admit Card, Identification Card, and a pen inside the examination hall.
Question 7: How would I be able to use a virtual calculator in GATE 2022 as never used it before?
Answer: You need to practice using the virtual calculator by taking the GATE 2022 mock test available on shiksha.com before the exam.
Question 8: Is there any age limit for applying for GATE 2022? Are there any criteria regarding the nationality of candidates?
Answer: No, there is no age limit for applying for GATE 2022. Further, candidates from other countries as well can apply for GATE 2022. Check GATE 2022 eligibility criteria.
Question 9: What was the general category GATE Cut Off for Computer Science Engineering?
Answer: Last year, the GATE cut off for the general category in Computer Science Engineering was 28.5 marks.
Question 10: Do colleges offer scholarships to GATE Qualified candidates?
Answer: Yes, the higher education institutes across India offer scholarships to GATE qualified candidates.
Question 11: Are GATE qualified candidates allowed to apply for MTech/ME admission in institutes of National Importance only?
Answer: No, in addition to the institutes of national importance, GATE qualified candidates can apply for admissions in any institute offering MTech/ME/MS/Direct PhD admissions.
Press Here: GATE 2022 Official Website
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022 (GATE 2022) is one of the premier exams conducted in order to shortlist the candidates from M. Tech admission. The application form for GATE 2022 will be available on 02-09-2021 and mode of application will be online.
The normal cutoff is around 650-700 GATE score (could be a bit higher too sometimes). To get such a score, you need to secure atleast 55-60 out of 100. GATE score is calculated out of 1000.
This GATE score computed based on the marks (normalized) obtained by the candidate and mean marks of top 0.1% or top 10 of the candidates who appeared in the same paper including multi-session.
GATE Entrance Exam Updates
|Years||Candidates appeared for|
Check Here: Engineering Exam Calendar
GATE 2022 Percentile
GATE Percentile is a relative term which tells where you rank in a set of people. For example, if you’ve scored 99.00 percentile means that your score is above 99.00% students who’ve appeared the same exam. GATE Percentile Score of a candidate reflects his/her relative performance in the exam.
Why Should I Choose recruitmentresult.com?
Recruitmentresult.com is one of the fastest websites that provides you satisfactory details on time.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Engineering Colleges In India|
|Students’ Horoscope||How Do Toppers Study?|
|List Of Engineering Entrance Exams In India||College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?|
|Best Career Opportunities||Scholarship in India|