GATE Eligibility Criteria
Want to appear in the GATE Exam 2018? Take a look over the GATE Eligibility Criteria first. GATE-Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a test conducted for those candidates who wish to take admission in Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science. Before appearing in this examination you must have complete knowledge regarding the eligibility criteria. To help you in this concern here we are providing all the Details about GATE Exam, like Age limit, the maximum no. of GATE Attempts and other details. Hence to avail all details about GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018 take a look over this whole page.
This page includes:
Aspirants, who are applying for GATE Exam, might be searching for GATE Eligibility Criteria. So, they may get the entire details regarding the eligibility criteria, age limit and number of attempts applicable for the GATE aspirants through this page that is well customized by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
GATE is abbreviated as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering that is organized by IISc and IITs. This exam has now a day’s emerged as a common test for getting admission into higher education ( M.Tech. / Ph.D.) in IITs, IISc and various other Institutes / Universities / Laboratories in India. Get Up-to-date information about GATE Eligibilty Criteria 2018 through this page. GATE examination is basically conducted in 23 disciplines of engineering and science subjects, for indentifying the candidate’s understanding of a subject, aptitude and eligibility for higher studies.
GATE is conducted through the collaboration of eight zones. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee shall be responsible for the overall coordination of GATE 2018. Candidates are advised to comprehend the complete details provided on this page before applying. So here you can get complete information about GATE Eligibilty Criteria.
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018
Candidates who are going to appear for gate exam must be having any of these relevant degrees as given below in a tabular form. Please go through these details completely for getting the idea of eligibility required for appearing for GATE exam.
|Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.|
|Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.|
|Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent|
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)|
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)|
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.Sc/M.Sc.|
|Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. Sc/M. Sc. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination(equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)|
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE Exam Notification:- Check Here
GATE Age Limit:
There is no age restriction for the candidates who are willing to apply GATE Exam 2018. Aspirants, applying for concerned exam may apply at any year of age as there is no age bar for appearing in GATE exam.
You May Read This:- How To Prepare For GATE
Number of Attempts Details for GATE 2018:
- Till GATE 2014 percentage score validity was 2 years and from GATE 2018 onwards it is 3 yrs.
- GATE score is also useful for several Indian Public Sector units.
- The relative performance level of the candidate is reflected by the GATE Score.
- Aspirants can give this test many times as they want but one should try to clear it in first or second attempt.
Complete Information about: GATE Exam Pattern
What’s New in GATE 2018?
- Introduction of some of the new features have been made in GATE. Please have a look…..
- A New Section has been introduced in the Engineering Sciences (XE) Paper on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). XE Paper will now have total number of eight sections from A to H.
- International students will now be able to apply for GATE 2018. Students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) will be allowed to appear for GATE 2018.
Must Check: How To Find Online Study Material
Statistical Data of GATE:
The data as shaped below displayed the statistical analysis of past year with respect to the number of registered applicants and the number of appeared students for the exam. The changing trends can be estimated by the same.
|Year||Total applicants||Total Appeared|
Check Here: GATE Cut Off
GATE Eligibility criteria (A Short Over look):
After going through the details information given above let’s take a look over these points, these may help you in understanding the eligibility criteria even mush better:
Candidates who are going to apply for the GATE Examination must have attained:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
- Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Note: Candidates you can check more details regarding GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018, through this Official Link.
Have A Look On this Useful Section
|Gate Study Material||GATE Admit Card|
|GATE Score Card||GATE Syllabus|
|Gate Question Papers||GATE Coaching Centres|
|GATE Result||Tips To Prepare For Maths|