Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020) is conducted for admissions in Post-graduate engineering courses. GATE Syllabus comprises the details of all 24 papers such as chemistry, statistics, mathematics and others. Appliers for GATE 2020 can download Branch Wise GATE Exam Syllabus PDF like CSE, ECE, ME, CE and others from here. The normal cutoff is around 650-700 GATE Score (could be a bit higher too sometimes). To get such a score, you need to secure at least 55-60 out of 100. In order to secure maximum marks you need to be familiar with the topics. Given GATE Entrance Exam Syllabus can help you to do the same. So, please have a look….
GATE Exam 2020 Details
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Type of the Exam||Computer-based standardized test|
|Purpose of The Exam||Post-graduate engineering admissions|
|GATE Score Validity||3 years|
|GATE Official Portal||www.gate.iitg.ac.in|
|GATE 2020 Application Form Open||01st week of September 2019|
|Closing Date for GATE Registration||04th week of September 2019|
|Last date for requesting Change of Examination City||02nd week of November 2019|
|GATE Admit Card 2020 Date||01st week of January 2020|
|GATE Exam 2020 Date||01st week of February 2020|
|GATE 2020 Result Announcement||02nd week of March 2020|
GATE Syllabus 2020
GATE Exam Pattern 2020
|GATE Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Questions Asked||65|
|GATE Question Types|
|Two types of questions asked in GATE Exam :Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions|
|Marking Scheme of GATE Exam|
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Points To Be Noted:
Contestants, who are going to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE Exam 2020), must check GATE Examination Syllabus / GATE Exam Pattern to know about the no. of questions in GATE Exam, marking schemes, important section in GATE 2020 question paper.
GATE Exam Negative Marking Details:
|Type of Questions||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark||0.33|
|Numerical Answer Questions||1 mark||Nil|
Download GATE Syllabus PDF From Here
GATE Statistics Syllabus
- Finite, countable and uncountable sets, Real number system as a complete ordered field, Archimedean property; Sequences and series, convergence; Limits, continuity, uniform continuity, differentiability, mean value theorems;
- Riemann integration, Improper integrals; Functions of two or three variables, continuity, directional derivatives, partial derivatives, total derivative, maxima and minima, saddle point, method of Lagrange’s multipliers;
- Double and Triple integrals and their applications; Line integrals and Surface integrals, Green’s theorem, Stokes’ theorem, and Gauss divergence theorem.
- Finite dimensional vector spaces over real or complex fields; Linear transformations and their matrix representations, rank; systems of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, minimal polynomial
- Cayley-Hamilton Theorem, diagonalization, Jordan canonical form, symmetric, skew-symmetric, Hermitian, skew- Hermitian, orthogonal and unitary matrices; Finite dimensional inner product spaces, Gram-Schmidt orthonormalization process, definite forms.
- Classical, relative frequency and axiomatic definitions of probability, conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem, independent events;
- Random variables and probability distributions, moments and moment generating functions, quantiles;
- Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions; Probability inequalities (Chebyshev, Markov, Jensen); Function of a random variable;
- Jointly distributed random variables, marginal and conditional distributions, product moments, joint moment generating functions, independence of random variables;
- Transformations of random variables, sampling distributions, distribution of order statistics and range; Characteristic functions; Modes of convergence;
- Weak and strong laws of large numbers; Central limit theorem for i.i.d. random variables with existence of higher order moments.
Read Here: How to Prepare for Maths
Markov chains with finite and countable state space, classification of states, limiting behavior of n-step transition probabilities, stationary distribution, Poisson and birth-and-death processes.
- Unbiasedness, consistency, sufficiency, completeness, uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimation, method of moments and maximum likelihood estimations;
- Confidence intervals; Tests of hypotheses, most powerful and uniformly most powerful tests, likelihood ratio tests, large sample test, Sign test, Wilcoxon signed rank test, Mann- Whitney U test, test for independence and Chi-square test for goodness of fit.
Simple and multiple linear regression, polynomial regression, estimation, confidence intervals and testing for regression coefficients; Partial and multiple correlation coefficients.
- Basic properties of multivariate normal distribution; Multinomial distribution; Wishart distribution;
- Hotellings T2 and related tests; Principal component analysis; Discriminant analysis; Clustering.
- Design of Experiments: One and two-way ANOVA, CRD, RBD, LSD, 22 and 23 Factorial experiments.
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
GATE Computer Science and Information Technology Syllabus
Computer Science and Information Technology
Section1: GATE Exam Syllabus For Engineering Mathematics
|GATE Syllabus For Calculus|
Section 2: GATE Syllabus For Digital Logic
|Digital Logic||Boolean algebra. Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).|
Section 3: Computer Organization and Architecture:
|Computer Organization and Architecture|
Section 4: Programming and Data Structures:
|Programming and Data Structures||Programming in C. Recursion. Arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, trees, binary search trees, binary heaps, graphs.|
Section 5: GATE Exam Syllabus For Algorithms
|GATE Syllabus for Algorithms|
Section 6: Theory of Computation:
|Theory of Computation|
Check Here: Engineering Exam Calendar
Section 7: GATE Syllabus For Compiler Design Lexical analysis
|Compiler Design Lexical analysis||parsing, syntax-directed translation. Runtime environments. Intermediate code generation.|
Section 8: Operating System Processes:
|Operating System Processes||threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency and synchronization. Deadlock. CPU scheduling. Memory management and virtual memory. File systems.|
Section 9: GATE Syllabus For Databases ER‐model:
|Databases ER‐model||Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints, normal forms. File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency control.|
Section 10: GATE Exam Syllabus For Computer Networks Concept of layering
|Computer Networks Concept of layering|
More Links Related To GATE
GATE Entrance Exam Updates
|Years||Candidates appeared for|
Steps To Download GATE Syllabus 2020
Candidates, who want to download GATE 2020 Syllabus PDF, they need to follow the below mentioned step by step procedure:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the organization that is www.gate.iitm.ac.in to download GATE CE Syllabus.
Step 2: After that, navigate the homepage and take your cursor to choose the appropriate link concerning GATE Syllabus Download In PDF.
Step 3: Go through detailed GATE Engineering Syllabus PDF.
Step 4: After that, you may download GATE EE Syllabus / GATE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus and related stream wise syllabus from.
Step 5: Download it in PDF format and you are also advised to save GATE Syllabus For ECE 2020 and start your preparation as per topics mentioned in it.
Want to Know? How To Crack Engineering Exams
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020)
On the basis of student’s score in GATE, admissions are offered in IITs, IISc, and NITs. It offers plentiful opportunities for campus placements too. Those who qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering also get financial aid of 8000/- pm in the form of UGC scholarship.
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. There are various branches of GATE examination like AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, AR, CY, GG, MA, PH and XL.
To score well in this Examination, you must have good understanding of GATE Syllabus For Civil defined by organizing institute. First and foremost step to prepare well for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is to know about recent topics added in Syllabus Of GATE.
Read Now: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
How Can I Connect With recruitmentresult.com?
To grab more facts about GATE Syllabus 2020 you need to be in touch with recruitmentresult.com. Stay connected with us to know more about GATE Exam Syllabus. If you have any query, you may ask in comment box that is given below. Our expert team will solve it as soon as possible.
Searches Related To GATE Syllabus