GATE Application Form
Last Date To Submit GATE Application Form 2020 is 24th September 2019. Indian Institute of Technology has announced GATE 2020 Registration Dates. Candidates can check Steps to Apply Online for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020)!! Indian Institute of Technology Madras conducts Computer-based standardized test for Engineering Admission. Interested candidates to apply for GATE Entrance Exam 2020 are suggested to check GATE Registration Dates and complete Procedure from here.
GATE 2020 Updates
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in|
Engineering (GATE 2020)
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Type of the Exam||Computer-based standardized test|
|Purpose of The Exam||Post-graduate engineering admissions|
|GATE Score Validity||3 years|
|GATE Official Portal||www.gate.iitg.ac.in|
|GATE 2020 Application Form Open||03rd September 2019|
|Closing Date for GATE Registration 2020||24th September 2019|
|Last date for requesting Change of Examination City||15th November 2019|
|GATE Admit Card 2020 Date||03rd January 2020|
|GATE Exam 2020 Date||1st February 2020|
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
|GATE 2020 Result Announcement||16th March 2020|
GATE Application Form 2020
GATE 2020 Registration Fees
|Categories||GATE Application Form Fee|
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20|
Check Out: How to Crack Engineering Exams
GATE 2020 Registration Instructions
- When candidates are going to fill the Online GATE Registration Form, they are suggested to read the GATE Information Brochure carefully before starting GATE Online Registration 2020.
- You have to fill all of the required fields very carefully and completely in correct manner.
- After that, save and verify the filled information before pressing on the “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button.
- Once the GATE Application form is submitted, the candidates will not be allowed to make any changes to the entered details.
- Candidates who are going to fill GATE 2020 Online Registration Form should download GATE 2020 Registration Slip or take print out copy for avoid any problem in future.
Official Links Related To GATE 2020
|Download PDF||GATE 2020 Brochure|
|Press Here||GATE 2020 Poster|
|Get Now||GATE International|
|Check Here||GATE Important Dates|
|Must Check||GATE Pre Exam|
|Know Here||GATE Post Exam|
|Read Out||GATE FAQs|
|Check Now||GATE Contact Us|
|Press Here For||GATE Official Link|
Procedure To Submit GATE Application Form 2020
Step1: GOAPS Registration/ GOAPS Login
- First of all, candidates who are willing to participate in the GATE 2020 Exam are required to visit to the official web portal of Indian Institutes of Technology, Guwahati that is “gate.iitg.ac.in”.
- Then you have to scroll down the cursor and press on the “GOAPS” link available in the ‘Quick Links’ section at the left side of the home portal.
- Already registered candidates need to go for GATE Login 2020 Link.
- New users are required to press GATE Registration link and enter asked details in the format.
- Afterwards you will receive ID and Password For GATE 2020 Login.
- Login your ID with the help of generated Password.
Step2: Filling of GATE Application Form
- Now the candidates have to Fill GATE 2020 Application Form.
- For this concern, first of all, you have to press on the “Start the GATE 2020 application” button and proceed.
- Now candidates will have to upload their eligibility certificates, Category certificates, scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression as according to the requirements along with GATE Application Form Download.
Step3: Payment of GATE Application Fees
- After that, candidates will have to pay the application fees through online (net banking or debit/ credit card).
- According to the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable.
- The fees amount and bank charges will be shown to the candidates and they will have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2020.
- At the end, you are required to download the PDF Copy of application form by hitting “Download Application Form” button.
Step4: Submission of Filled GATE Application Form
- Candidates have to submit their filled GATE Application form on the official web portal.
- It is important that candidate fills-in all the details in GOAPS without any error.
- The GATE Online Application Form is liable to be rejected if there is an error, so you have to recheck twice and then submit the application form.
- Also don’t forget to take a print out of the filled GATE 2020 Application form for future usage during examination.
More Links Related To GATE
|GATE Result||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE Answer Key||GATE Coaching Centres|
|GATE Login||GATE Rank Predictor|
|GATE Syllabus||GATE Cut Off|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Topper|
|How To Prepare For GATE||GATE Books|
|GATE Admit Card||GATE Exam Pattern|
|GATE Exam||GATE Mock Test|
Steps to Check GATE 2020 Application Status
Step1: When GATE Application Form of the contenders will be found accurate, complete, correct and in order then it will be accepted by the operator.
Step2: If not, then defects will be highlighted in the GATE Registration form and candidate will be informed about the same for rectification purpose.
Step3: GATE Application Status and defects identified in the application form will be informed to the candidates through email and/ or SMS.
Step4: You can easily check the status of the GATE Online Application form anytime by logging into through their GOAPS email ID and password.
Recovery of Enrolment ID or Password
In case you will forget your enrollment id or password then stop worrying as here on the below section we are providing you the detailed info through which you can recover it without any difficulty:
Forgot Enrolment ID or not received their Enrolment ID via Email:
For this concern, you have to select this option and submit your registered mobile number and password. The enrolment ID will be sent via SMS to the candidate’s mobile number.
In this case, provide your enrolment ID and password. Similarly, the password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Forgot Registration Number – Steps to Recover Registration ID
GATE 2020 Application Correction
The candidates will have to send an email titled “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” to the authorities along with the document proof for GATE Application Form Correction. You can only be able to change only the following categories for GATE Application Correction:
- Name of the candidate (minor change in spelling)
- Date of birth (minor change in year)
- Name of Parent/Guardian (minor change in spelling)
- Category status from General to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree (changes in Yes/No)
- Year of Qualifying Degree (minor change in year)
Documents Required While Filling Online GATE Application Form
At the Time of the submission of GATE 2020 Online Application Form candidates must have the following list of documents:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute)
- Valid Photo Identity Card (Driving License/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar UID/ College ID/ Employee Identification Card/ Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address).
- For International students valid proofs are Passport/ Government Issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation in 2020 or earlier – Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate.
- In case of final year students – Copy of the Marks Sheet of the fifth or sixth or seventh semester as the case may be.
- Final year students – Provisional Certificate Letter as per format issued by the Head of Institute/ Dean/ Registrar/ Head of Department.
- For candidates in final year of AMIE – mark sheet for section A of AMIE in case of professional equivalent qualifications.
- Caste Certificate.
- Disability or PwD Certificate.
- Candidates who are pursuing higher degree or masters must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional one.
- Candidates with backlogs must upload copy of any of the mark sheet of the final year issued from the Institute where studying.
Check Here: 10 Tips for Engineering Students
FAQ’s Related To GATE Application Form
Question1: Can I Use One E-Mail Address To Fill Multiple GATE Application Forms?
Answer: NO. One e-mail address can be used to submit only ONE application form. Candidates are discouraged to fill multiple application forms using different e-mail addresses.
Question2: Why Should I Choose Three Examination Cities?
- A candidate will most likely be allotted a center in the examination city of his/her first choice.
- Only in cases, where there are too many candidates opting for a certain city as their first choice, the other two choices become relevant.
- A candidate is required to fill his/her choices of cities to appear in the examination, but should remember that because of operational constraints, the GATE committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any of the choices of a candidate.
- For candidates opting international centers, there will be only one choice (by default).
Read Here: Documents Required For Education Loan
Question3: What Do I Do, If The Power/Internet Connection Failed During The Submission Of Application Process?
Answer: Please login to the GOAPS website again and continue the application process till GATE Application Form Date.
Question4: How Do I Make The Fee Payment For GATE 2020 Examination?
- There is a link to the payment gateway from the application portal. The candidate can opt for any of the payment options listed over there.
- The additional charges such as service charges, processing fees or bank charges, have to be borne by the candidate.
Question5: What Do I Do, If Power/Internet Connection Failed During Online Payment?
- When you can get back online, login back to GOAPS website and check the status of the payment.
- If the payment was received by GATE, you can continue the process of printing the application form.
- If the payment was not received by GATE, you can also check the status of transaction from your bank account.
- In case, the fee amount has been debited (deducted) from your bank account, but GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account. However, this may take a week or more, after the closure of the application process.
- In such a situation, you may initiate a fresh payment on GOAPS without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account.
- This will ensure that your application submission will be on time (within the deadline).
Read Here: How To Find Online Study Material
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020 (GATE 2020) is one of the premier exams conducted in order to shortlist the candidates from M. Tech admission. The application form for GATE 2020 will be available in the month of September 2019 and mode of application will be online.
The normal cutoff is around 650-700 GATE score (could be a bit higher too sometimes). To get such a score, you need to secure atleast 55-60 out of 100. GATE score is calculated out of 1000.
This GATE score computed based on the marks (normalized) obtained by the candidate and mean marks of top 0.1% or top 10 of the candidates who appeared in the same paper including multi-session.
GATE Important Dates 2020
|Events||Day||GATE Application Form 2020 Date|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Tues|
|3rd September 2019|
|GATE Application Form Last Date (through Website)||Tues|
|24th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Tues|
|1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Fri|
|15th November 2019|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Fri|
|3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Examination|
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|1st February 2020|
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Mon|
|16th March 2020|
GATE Entrance Exam Updates
|Years||Candidates appeared for|
Check Here: Engineering Exam Calendar
GATE 2020 Percentile
GATE Percentile is a relative term which tells where you rank in a set of people. For example, if you’ve scored 99.00 percentile means that your score is above 99.00% students who’ve appeared the same exam. GATE Percentile Score of a candidate reflects his/her relative performance in the exam.
Why Should I Choose recruitmentresult.com?
Recruitmentresult.com is one of the fastest websites that provides you satisfactory details on time. Even this site offers you opportunity to share your views regarding the page and asking questions regarding any query by dropping comment in below mentioned comment box. Our team will answers your questions and provides you satisfactory solutions as well.
Searches Related To GATE Application Form
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Education Loans for Students||How Do Toppers Study?|
|List Of Entrance Exam in India||College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?|
|Best Career Opportunities||Scholarship in India|