Aspirants who are preparing for UPSC NDA Entrance Exam, they should know about the complete NDA Syllabus for doing preparation in correct manner. Willing aspirants must check NDA Syllabus, NDA Entrance Exam Paper Pattern 2016 and other relevant details through this page that is well structured by the team members of recruitmentresult.com.
Candidates must go through this page carefully to avoid any negligence in concern to NDA exam preparation and may also download exam pattern in PDF format as available on official website. Once you are well acquainted with exam pattern for UPSC NDA 2016, it is time to head on to exam syllabus.
UPSC conducts National Defence Academy examination to recruit eligible candidates every year on various posts into the Army, Air Force and Naval Wings of the NDA. Aspirants wishes to serve the country, and apart from that getting the opportunity to work in this defense department will also get you to learn the values of discipline, team work, integrity and many other things which lead to success in life.
NDA Exam Syllabus
National Defence Academy and UPSC is quite particular when it comes to exam syllabus. Please go through the exam syllabus for Paper I and Paper II as given below.
Paper I: Mathematics
- Concept of a set
- operations on sets
- Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product relation
- equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Complex numbers – basic properties
- modulus argument
- Cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
- Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
Check Also:- NDA Preparation Books
Matrices and Determinants:
- Types of matrices
- Operations on matrices
- Determinant of a matrix
- Basic properties of determinants
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Applications – Height and distance
- Properties of triangles.
- NDA Coaching Institute
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Distance formula
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
- Standard forms of parabola
- Ellipse and hyperbola
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Concept of a real valued function – domain
- range and graph of a function
- Composite functions
- Derivative of function at a point
- Derivatives of sum
- Product and quotient of functions
- Derivative of a function with respect of another function
- Derivative of a composite function
- Second order derivatives
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
- NDA Eligibility Criteria
Read Also:- Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations:
- Integration as inverse of differentiation
- Integration by substitution and by parts
- Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
- Exponential and hyperbolic functions
- General and particular solution of a differential equation
- Vectors in two and three dimensions
- Magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors addition of vectors
- Scalar multiplication of vector
Statistics and Probability:
- Classification of data
- Frequency distribution
- Cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram
- Pie Chart
- Frequency Polygon – examples
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean Median and Mode
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Correlation and regression
- Random experiment
- Outcomes and associated sample space
- Mutually exclusive and exhaustive events
- Impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events
- elementary and composite events
- Conditional probability
- Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Binomial distribution
- Examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
Paper II: English & General Ability
By comparison, English Syllabus for UPSC NDA 2016 is quite limited. The General Ability Portion will require a little extra time to cover.
Section A: English
The question paper in English is designed to test the candidate’s understanding of the English language and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various broad topics, like
- Grammar and Application
- Comprehension and Cohesion
Check Also:-How to Prepare for English
Have A Look On this Useful Section of NDA
Section B: General Ability
The question paper on General Knowledge broadly covers the following subjects.
Section A: Physics
Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Specific Gravity
- Principle of Archimedes
- Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Force and Momentum
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- elementary ideas of work
- Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat
- Measurement of temperature and heat
- change of State and Latent Heat
- Modes of transference of Heat
- Sound waves and their properties
- Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Reflection and refraction
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Human Eye
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Properties of a Magnet
- Earth as a Magnet
- Static and Current Electricity
- conductors and Non-conductors
- Ohm’s Law Simple Electrical Circuits
- Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Use of X-Rays
You May Also Give:- Physics Online Test
Section B: Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Elements Mixtures and Compounds Symbols Formulae
- simple Chemical Equations Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems )
- Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen and Carbondioxide Oxidation and Reduction
- Acids bases and salts
- Carbon – different forms
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap Glass Ink Paper Cement Paints Safety Matches and Gun-Powder
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights Valency
- Online Chemistry Quiz
Read Also:- Chemistry Questions And Answers
Section C: General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life – Cells Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics their causes and prevention
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food Balanced Diet
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets Eclipses
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
- General Science Quiz
Section D: History Freedom Movement etc
- Broad survey of Indian History with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj Co-operatives and Community Development.
- Bhoodan Sarvodaya National Integration and Welfare State Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world
- Renaissance Exploration and Discovery
- War of American Independence
- French Revolution Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Concept of one World United Nations Panchsheel Democracy
- Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
You Can Als0 Give:- History Online Quiz
Section E: Geography
- Earth its shape and size.
- Latitudes and Longitudes Concept of time.
- International Date Line.
- Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth.
- Rocks and their classification
- Mechanical and Chemical Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Atmosphere and its composition;
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure Planetary Winds cyclones and Anti-cyclones;
- Condensation and Precipitation
- Types of Climate.
- Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India
- Climate Natural vegetation.
- Mineral and Power resources
- Location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
- World Geography Questions and Answers
Section F: Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern
UPSC NDA (I) Exam paper consists of two sections – Mathematics and General Ability Test. Both test papers consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Time||Marks|
|Paper I: Mathematics||120||2.5 Hours||300|
|Paper II: English & General Ability||150||2.5 Hours||600|
Paper 1: Mathematics
Marking scheme that is followed by UPSC for NDA Paper 1is as follows:
- For every correct answer, 2.5 marks are rewarded.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.83 marks are deducted.
Check Also:-Maths Preparation Tips
Paper 2: English & General Ability
Paper 2 will be divided into 2 sections:
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A: English||50||200|
|Section B: General Ability||100||400|
Read Also:- English Preparation Tips
Marking scheme for Paper II followed by UPSC is as follows:
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded.
- For every incorrect answer, 1.33 marks are deducted.
We will keep updating our portal with more and more articles every week to regarding relevant competitive exams for aspirants for their better preparation. Comment your doubts and queries if any in the comments section as given below.
Dear candidates you can also use the Free Email Service of our portal Recruitmentresult.com, all you need to do for this is to enter your email address in the subscription box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|Online Test For UPSC||UPSC Books|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Notification|