SSC CHSL Syllabus
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has issued updated SSC CHSL Syllabus for those aspirants who are preparing for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam. Every year, the commission organizes this exam to enroll most eligible aspirants for LDC/DEO posts in the different Ministries and Departments of the Govt of India and in Subordinate Offices. Thus, if you are one of those aspirants who want to avail government job through SSC CHSL Exam then you are advised to plan your exam strategy according to latest SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Syllabus. For this single page, applicants can get SSC CHSL Syllabus 2017 in PDF format along with SSC CHSL Exam Pattern for Tier I/II/III.
As, Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Syllabus plays a vital role for scoring good marks, therefore we are providing all important topics for SSC CHSL Exam. Staff Selection Commission is functioning under the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) and organization employs applicants on the basis of their performance in written exam and interview. Candidates can also download SSC CHSL Syllabus PDF by visiting the official web portal of commission. Aspirants who want to attain more details about Staff Selection Commission CHSL Syllabus from this page which is well organized by team of recruitmentresult.com.
SSC CHSL Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
SSC CHSL (10+2) Syllabus for English Language:
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
Read Here: Prepare English for Competitive Exams
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus for General Awareness:
- General awareness of the environment around him and its application to society
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events
- Matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect
- India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
SSC CHSL DEO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Computation of Whole Number
- Decimal and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance
- Time and work
Read Also: Common Mistakes You Make in Tests
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra (and their simple applications) e.g. Formulas for (a+b)2, (a-b)2, (a+b)3, (a-b)3, a3-b3, a3+b3, a2-b2; if a+b+c=0, then a3+b3+c3=3abc, etc. and Elementary surds (simple problems)
- Graphs of Linear Equations
Knowledge with elementary geometric figures and facts:
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres viz. Centroid, In-centre, Orthocenter, Circumcentre
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals
- Regular Polygons (sum of the internal angles of a polygon)
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Sphere, Hemispheres
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry (for acute angles θ with 0≤θ≤90)
- Trigonometric ratios
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities like sin2θ + Cos2θ = 1, etc.
Use of Tables and Graphs:
- Frequency polygon
You May Read This: How to Prepare for Maths
SSC CHSL LDC Syllabus for General Intelligence:
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding and de-coding
- Numerical operations
- Symbolic operations
- Space Orientation
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern – folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Embedded figures
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Other sub-topics
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
Aspirants can avail SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Syllabus for Tier-II Paper from this page. As we know that SSC CHSL Tier II Exam is descriptive (Pen and Paper Mode) type. Candidates are informed that they have to solve their SSC CHSL Exam within 01 hour. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs. Staff Selection Commission CHSL Exam comprises writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. Candidates can write the answers in Hindi or English. The marks of this exam will be considered in the final merit list, so you have to start your preparation accordingly.
Related Links of SSC CHSL:
SSC CHSL Tier III Syllabus
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
The skill test will be organized only for Data Entry Operator post. Applicants must have Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions. Only 15 minutes will be allotted to the aspirants. The printed matter in English containing about 2000- 2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
You Can Also Check: Current Affairs for Competitive Exams
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
Aspirants who will qualify the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) they are eligible to appear in Typing Test. This test will be conducted in English or Hindi. Aspirants must know that typing test will be of qualifying in nature. It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission. Candidates have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form. If you are opting for English medium then you should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those candidates who are opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. Only 10 minutes will be allotted to the normal candidates. Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Pattern:
Along with SSC CHSL Syllabus 2017, we are also providing Staff Selection Commission CHSL Exam Pattern for those aspirants who had applied for SSC CHSL Recruitment and preparing for the same. Have a look!!
SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam Pattern 2017:
|Exam Type||Subject||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|Objective Type||General Intelligence||50||50||75 minutes|
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam will be conducted for 200 marks.
- The Exam contains 200 questions.
- It is an objective type exam.
- The duration of Exam is 75 minutes.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers ie 0.50
SSC CHSL Online Test
START: Quantitative Aptitude Quiz
START: English Language Online Quiz
SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam Pattern:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Letter/ Application||01||50||60 Minutes|
- Applicants are informed that SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam is descriptive type.
- The exam will be organized offline (pen & paper mode).
- The exam will contains total 100 marks.
- Aspirants have to solve the exam within 01 hour.
- Exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
SSC CHSL Tier-3 Exam Pattern:
For Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and Court Clerk:
|Candidates have Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on computer|
|Duration of test will be 15 minutes.|
|Speed of 8000 kdph will be adjusted as per the number of correct entries.|
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||SSC CHSL Result|
|Latest SSC Notifications||SSC Study Material|
|SSC Previous Year Paper||Coaching Institutes For SSC|
|SSC Online Test||How To Crack SSC|
|SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Preparation Books|
SSC CHSL Best Books
Candidates who want to score good marks in SSC CHSL Exam they must have knowledge Staff Selection Commission CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern. So, here you can get SSC CHSL Best Study Material from this page.
SSC CHSL Books for General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning: Dr. R. S. Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal: BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- Analytical Reasoning: MK Pandey
SSC CHSL Study Material for English Language:
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations (5th Edition): Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
- Competitive General English (for all Competitive and Academic Exams): Kiran Prakashan
- Objective General English: SP Bakshi
- Quick Learning Objective General English: R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
SSC Combined Higher Secondary level Exam Study Material for Quantitative Aptitude:
- The Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations: Dr. R. S. Aggarwal
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths: M. Tyra
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics for SSC 10+2 LDC & DEO Exam: Kiran Prakashan
SSC CHSL General Awareness Study Material:
- Manorama Yearbook (50th Anniversary Edition): Mammen Mathew
- Lucent’s General Knowledge in English
- Lucent’s Samanya Gyan in Hindi
Read Also: Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips
- Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates will get compensatory time of 40 minutes for completion of the exam.
- The Paper will consist of multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Answer Keys will be placed on official website after written examination. Any representation regarding answer key received within 7 days of uploading of the answer key will be scrutinized and the decision of the organization in this regard will be final.
- Organization reserves the right to introduce additional stage of examination which would be notified at suitable time, if considered necessary.
For More details about SSC CHSL Syllabus 2017, you may check the Official Link. So aspirants prepare themselves for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam and three key points determine the success in SSC Exam and they are time, speed, and logic. Appliers can achieve the ease in the examination by gaining proficiency in these three areas.