GNM Nursing Syllabus
To score well in General Nursing & Midwifery Training (GNM) Exam, it’s important to study from updated GNM Nursing Syllabus 2022. GNM nursing exam is to choose uniform standard of training for nurses, Midwives, and health visitors. So, candidates can easily crack their exam with the assistance of GNM Nursing1st, 2nd, 3rd Year (FULL) Syllabus. Download GNM nursing syllabus PDF from here.
GNM Nursing Syllabus 2022 Details
|Authority Name||Indian Nursing Council|
|Course Name||GNM Nursing|
|Category||GNM Entrance Exam Syllabus|
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is a 3½ year diploma course with an internship period of six months. The objective behind this course is to prepare the nurses that will deal in different health sectors. So, if you want to make your career in this paramedical field of education, then check out जन्म नर्सिंग सिलेबस / GNM 3 year course syllabus along with internship details from this page.
GNM Nursing First Year Syllabus
|S. No.||Subject of GNM Nursing 1st Year Syllabus||Theory (Hours)|
|III||Fundamentals of Nursing||215|
|IV||Community Health Nursing||150|
|Total Hours of First Year||575|
Check Here: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Detailed GNM Nursing Syllabus for First Year
|Anatomy and Physiology|
|Fundamentals of Nursing|
GNM Nursing Second Year Syllabus
|S. No.||Subject in GNM Nursing 2nd Year Syllabus||Theory (Hours)|
|I||Medical Surgical Nursing – I (Including Pharmacology)||140|
|II||Medical Surgical Nursing – II (Specialties)||120|
|III||Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing||70|
|Total Hours of Second Year||360|
Detailed GNM Nursing Syllabus for Second Year
|Topic of GNM Nursing Syllabus Download||Description|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing I|
|Ear, Nose and Throat|
|Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing||–|
Know About – How Do Toppers Study?
GNM Nursing Syllabus for Third Year
|S. No.||Subject||Theory (Hours)|
|I||Midwifery and Gynaecology||120|
|II||Community Health Nursing – II||100|
|Total Hours of Third Year||290|
Detailed GNM Nursing Syllabus for Third Year
|Topic of GNM Nursing 3rd Year Syllabus||Description|
|Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing – II|
|I||Educational Method & Media For teaching in practice of Nursing||45|
|II||Introduction to Research||40|
|III||Professional Trends & Adjustment||40|
|IV||Administration and Ward Management||45|
|Total Hours of Internship||190|
Must Read: How To Reduce Negative Marking
Detailed GNM Internship Syllabus 2022
Educational Methods and Media for teaching in practice of Nursing:
- Aim and Purpose of the Education
- Meaning and Teaching and Learning
- Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Responsibilities of a Nurse
- Methods of Teaching and Clinical Teaching
- Preparation of Teaching Plan
- Definition, Purposes, and Types of Media
- Preparation and Use of Audio-Visual Aids, Graphic Aids, Printed Aids, Three Dimensional Aids, and Projected Aids
- Limitations, Advantages, and uses of different types of media.
- Students have to organize teaching in the wards/clinic using the nursing process approach
- Prepare a variety of Audio-Visual Aids to implement their teaching either individually or in groups.
- Students will also have to submit a teaching plan to the concerned teacher of that selected clinical area.
Introduction to Research:
- Meaning of Research
- Steps in Scientific Research
- Need for Nursing Research
- Characteristics of Good Research
Unit-II Introduction to Research Process
- Statement to Research Problem
- Statement to Purposes and Objectives
- Definition of Research Terms
- Review of Literature
Unit-III Introduction to Research Approaches
- Types, Methods, and Advantages and Disadvantages of each method
Unit-IV Introduction to Data Collection Process
- Data Collection
- Instruments of Data Collection
- Characteristics of Data Collection
- Techniques of Data Collection
Unit-V Introduction to the Analysis of Data
- Classification and Summarization
- Presentation and Interpretation and Data Using Descriptive Statistics
Unit-VI Writing of Report
Unit-VII Introduction to the Statistics
Unit-VIII Application and Utilization of Research in Nursing Practice
- Students have to do research literature in the Library and participate and assist in the conduction of scientific investigation in any health care setting with the help of the teacher.
- Submit a report of the investigation in a group of five and six to the respective teacher of the selected clinical area.
Professional Trends and Adjustment
Unit-I Introduction to Nursing as a Profession
- Definition and Criteria as the Nursing Profession
- Evolution of Nursing Profession in India.
- Educational Preparation
- Qualities/Role and Characteristics of Professional Nurse
Unit-II Professional Ethics
- Meaning and Relationship of Professional Ethics
- Codes of Ethics for the nurses, Nightingale Pledge
- The procedure of Employment – Locating a Position, Applying and Accepting a Position etc.
Unit-III Personal and Professional Growth/Development
Unit-IV Legislation in Nursing
Unit-V Professional and Related Organizations
Administration and Ward Management
- Meaning and Philosophy of Administration and Management and their significance.
- Elements and Administration
Unit-II Planning Aims, Principles, Methods, and Types
Unit-III Organization, Command, Co-ordination and Control, Delegation, Staffing, and Budgeting.
Unit-IV Administration of a Hospital Unit or a Ward
- The student will work in the ward/health center with Ward Sister/Public Health Nurse.
- Preparation of Duty Roster and Solving Problems.
- The students will also get the experience of working in the Hostel Kitchen, Clinics and Camps organized by the Hospital.
- The Project has to be taken by an Individual/Group of Students in related fields on selected topics or problems.
- The student will also have to submit a written report to their respective teachers in the selected clinical area.
- This experience may be planned as a part of the experience in various clinical areas with a proper experience record should be maintained.
Unit-I Introduction to the Economics
- Definition and Meaning, Dimensions of the Economics, Positive and Normative Economics
Unit-II Introduction to the Health Economics
- The concept of the Health Economics
- Focus on the Health Economics
- Areas of the Health Economics
- Causes of Health Problems in India
Unit-III Costs of Health Care
- Concepts of Costs, Types of Costs
- Opportunity Cost, Total Fixed and Variable Cost, Average Marginal and Sunk Costs.
- Cost Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
Unit-IV Demand and Supply in Health Care
- Concept and Demand, Need, Supply Input, Output
- Production Function
- Industry and Market
- Structure of the Healthcare Care Industry
- Characteristics of the Healthcare Services Market
- Demand Side and Supply Side
Unit-V Financing of Health Care in India
- Financing System and Allocation
- Sources of Financing of the Healthcare Services
- Health Plans and Outlays, the relative role of the State and the Central Government on Financing of the Health Care Services
- Factor’s influencing the state’s ability to finance health care services.
Download: GNM Nursing Syllabus In English
Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Employment Areas
- TV & News
- Forensic Jobs
- Anganwadi Programme
- Teaching and Education
- Travel and Tourism Nursing Jobs
- Material Purchase Logistics Jobs
- Hospitality Jobs
Diploma in GNM Course
- AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam
- BHU Nursing Entrance Exam
- JIPMER Nursing Entrance Exam
- PGIMER Nursing
- KIMS University Nursing Entrance
- MCD Nursing Admission
- MGM CET Nursing
- RUHS Nursing Entrance Exam
- Uttarakhand Nursing Admission
Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Job Types
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Forensic Nursing
- Madam, In-charge & Helper
- Teacher & Junior Lecturer
- Travelling Nurse
- Receptionist & Entry Operator
- Brand Representative & Hyper
- Sale-purchase Assistant
- Emergency Room Nurse & Midwife Nurse
Candidates are advised to download GNM Syllabus 2022 from this page to prepare for the better preparation. Aspirants may go through the direct links given on this page to get GNM Syllabus PDF. Applicants are advised to take print out copy of GNM Nursing Exam Syllabus for further requirement.
More Links Related To GNM
|GNM Time Table||GNM Course|
|GNM Full Form||GNM Nursing Result|
|GNM Nursing Application Form||GNM Admit Card|
Subjects of Study in GNM
|Biological Sciences||Medical-Surgical Nursing I|
|Anatomy and Physiology||Medical-Surgical Nursing|
|Behavioral Sciences||Medical Surgical Nursing II (Specialties)|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||Ear, Nose and Throat|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||Oncology/Skin|
|First Aid||Ophthalmic Nursing|
|Personal Hygiene||Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing- I||Community Health Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing||Computer Education|
|Environmental Hygiene||Introduction to Research|
|Health Education and Communication Skills||Professional Trends and Adjustment|
|Nutrition||Administration and Ward Management|
|Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing||Educational Methods and Media for Teaching in Practice of Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing – II||Pediatric Nursing|
Press Here For: Indian Nursing Council Official Link
Preparation Books for GNM Nursing Exam
Candidates who are searching best books for GNM Exam are suggested to go through the below given links. These links are related to best books of GNM Nursing Course Syllabus.
Aspirants who are not able to purchase books from the market, they can download these GNM Nursing Books PDF from this page and can start preparation from now to score highest marks.
Preparation Books for GNM Nursing Exam
|General Nursing And Midwifery||Download Here|
|Textbook on First Aid and Emergency Nursing||Download Here|
|Mosby’s Comprehensive Review of Nursing for the NCLEX-RN||Download Here|
|The Pearson Guide to the B.SC||Download Here|
|Pitman Shorthand Instructor And Key||Download Here|
|Textbook of Nursing Foundations||Download Here|
|Nursing Research and Statistics||Download Here|
|Textbook on First Aid and Emergency Nursing||Download Here|
Contenders who will complete Indian Nursing Council GNM course, they will be eligible to apply for, Legal Nurse Consultant, Forensic Nursing, Clinical Nurse, Emergency Room Nurse, Travelling Nurse, Receptionist & Entry Operator, Brand Representative, Sale-purchase Assistant, Midwife Nurse, In-charge & Helper, Teacher & Junior Lecturer etc Vacancies.
People May Also Search For:
- GNM 2nd Year Syllabus
- GNM Nursing Syllabus West Bengal
- GNM Nursing Syllabus 1st Year
- GNM Nursing Syllabus Karnataka
- GNM 1st Year Syllabus PDF
- GNM 2nd Year Syllabus PDF
The Indian Nursing Council is an Autonomous Body under the Government of India Ministry of Health & Family Welfare established by the Central Government under section of the Indian Nursing Council Act 1947.
Dear aspirants, we hope you have gathered all the information regarding about GNM Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022 from this page. Aspirants are advised to regular visit on our web portal for getting latest information about Syllabus of GNM Nursing. Also, you can book mark this by pressing Ctrl+D key for getting latest updates regarding Indian Nursing Council GNM Syllabus.