NEET Eligibility Criteria
NEET is a national-level entrance exam for admission to medical courses. The NEET 2023 test will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 specify the essential Percentile, Nationality, Age Limit, No. of Attempt etc in order for a candidate to be eligible to take the exam. Check new NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 as prescribed by NTA.
NEET Examination is organized for candidates who want to get admission to medical courses offered by the majority of India’s medical schools and universities. The exam will be conducted offline in pen and paper mode. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is one of the country’s most important entrance examinations.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Overview
|Minimum Qualification||10+2 or equivalent certification with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses.|
Class 12 qualification or equivalents are also eligible to apply for NEET.
|Age Limit||17 years old as of December 31, 2023.|
|Marks Required||NEET eligibility marks in class 12 are just aggregate marks for PCB subjects.|
1. UR – 50%,
2. OBC/SC/ST – 40%
3. PWD – 45%
|Number of Attempts||The maximum NEET attempt limit for 2023 is unrestricted.|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals aspirants are eligible to apply|
Highlights of NEET 2023 Exam:
|Application form will be released||First week of December 2022|
|Deadline to register online and submit the application||First week of January 2023|
|Admit card will be released||Second week of April 2023|
|NTA NEET 2023 Exam Date||First week of May 2023|
|Result will be announced||First week of June 2023|
NEET Eligibility Criteria
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 in Detail:
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET 2019.
NEET Qualification Needed:
- Aspirants must have passed Higher/Senior Secondary examination or ISCE equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Applicants may pass above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or any other elective subjects with English
- 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) taken together in PCB subjects are required.
NEET Age Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2022. There is no upper age limit to apply.
The age criteria are as follows:
|Unreserved category (UR)||born on or between 05-05-1998 and 31-12-2006|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category||born on or between 05-05-1993 and 31-12-2006|
NEET No of Attempts:
- The cap on the number of attempts was removed for NEET 2018 and is not applicable for NEET 2021 and 2022 and 2023 as well.
- As per the NEET 2023 eligibility criteria, candidates can appear for the entrance exam as many times as they wish provided they fulfill the above-mentioned criteria.
- Earlier, the examination authority decided to conduct NEET twice a year for February and May session, which was later scrapped.
Check Here: All Medical Entrance Exams
Check out the qualifying codes for NEET 2023 from the below table and read further for more details on NEET 2023 examination qualifying codes
NEET Eligibility For Different Categories:
- Candidates should pass 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- You may qualify Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually & obtained at least 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying paper.
- Those appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible. They are required to produce passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first phase of counseling.
- To apply for admission to MBBS/BDS courses, marks secured in math shall not be taken into account as per NEET Eligibility Criteria.
For Reserved Category NTA NEET Eligibility Criteria:
- Aspirants may pass 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes aspirants may secure 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for PwD:
- NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 for people with physical disability or physically handicapped are listed here.
- For persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs:
- Aspirants must have passed class XII in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English along with minimum aggregate of 45% marks for Gen-PH in the qualifying examinatio .
- Aggregate of 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH in the qualifying paper is needed.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for Overseas/ NRI Candidates:
- Contenders who have pass education from a foreign country are also eligible. Those applicants may under the category of Overseas/NRI/International.
- Those who have been educated abroad and are applying for admission into medical colleges in India
- You have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- You may cleared Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English with 50% marks in 12th
Important Links Related to NEET:
|NEET Application Form||Get Details|
|NEET Result||Get Details|
|NEET Admit Card||Get Details|
|NEET Login||Get Details|
|NEET Counseling||Get Details|
|NEET Question Paper||Get Details|
|NEET Syllabus||Get Details|
|NEET Exam Pattern||Get Details|
|NEET Mock Test||Get Details|
|NEET Books||Get Details|
|NEET Coaching||Get Details|
|NEET Cut Off||Get Details|
|NEET UG Syllabus||Get Details|
|NEET Official Website||Press Here|
NEET 2023 Reservation Policy:
NEET 2023 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is discussed below:
NEET Eligibility Criteria FAQ’s:
Question 1: Who are eligible for NEET 2023?
Answer: 10+2 or equivalent certification from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses. Aspirants with a Class 12 qualification or equivalent are also eligible to apply for NEET. Candidates must be 17 years old as of December 31, 2023.
Question 2: When can I apply for NEET 2023?
Answer: It is being expected that the NEET 2023 Application Form will be available from 1st week of December 2022 and the examination for the same will be held in May 2023.
Question 3: Will NEET 2023 be easy?
Answer: NEET is one of the most challenging competitive entrance examinations in India. It’s important for students to follow proper schedule, tips and strategy in order to clear NEET-UG exam.
Question 4: Do I need to appear in NEET for getting admission into AIIMS and JIPMER, Puducherry?
Answer: No, you don’t need to appear in NEET for admission into AIIMS and JIPMER.
Question 5: In how many regional languages, NEET 2023 is going to be conducted?
Answer: NEET UG is going to be conducted in following regional languages:
Question 6: Will there be negative marking in the exam?
Answer: Yes, there will be a negative marking in the exam. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
Question 7: Will NEET 2023 be conducted in online or offline mode?
Answer: NEET will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
Question 8: What is the exam duration of NEET UG 2023?
Answer: NEET will be conducted over duration of 3 hours.
Question 9: Are NIOS students eligible for NEET 2023?
Answer: NIOS students are eligible to take NEET 2023 as the clause which barred such students was removed by the High Court of Delhi.
Question 10: I have a gap year between Class 11 and 12. Will I be eligible for NEET 2023?
Answer: Yes, candidates with a gap year will be eligible for NEET 2023.
Question 11: I will complete 25 years of age in March 2023. Will I be eligible for NEET?
Answer: Yes, you will be eligible to appear for the NEET exam as the candidates who are 25 years or above will now be able to take the exam as the Supreme Court has a directive.
Check Here: How to Prepare for Written Exam
NEET Eligibility Criteria Download 2023:
Prior applying for admission in undergraduate courses such as Medical and Dental or MBBS and BDS, you may check out Eligibility Criteria of NEET 2023. Changes in NEET Eligibility have been introduced, aspirants are required to ensure changes introduced in the medical examination.
Those who meet all terms of NEET Test eligibility will be offered admissions in various government & private colleges of the country. Candidates can subscribe our free email service to get latest updates about NEET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Online Quiz for Competitive Exams||Top Medical Colleges in India|
|List of Fake Universities||UGC Approved University List|
|List of Scholarship||Medical Jobs|