RBI Grade B Syllabus
Reserve Bank of India conducts recruitment examination for selection of eligible candidates to Officers in Grade-‘B’ posts. So, for the purpose of preparation of examination, we have provided RBI Grade B Syllabus as well as RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern in a detailed way on this page. Candidates can also download the PDF file of RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus and save it for future reference.
In order to clear the cut off marks, candidates must know about the topics and focus on them while studying. Through exam pattern, you will get an idea about the marking scheme and the types of questions asked in the examination. So, start your preparation as per the given RBI Grade B Syllabus 2021 and crack out this competitive examination to get posted under a reputed job.
RBI Grade B 2021 Exam Highlights:
|Number of Phases||3 – Preliminary, Main exam and Interview|
|Number of Sections|
|Question Paper Type|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2021
RBI Grade B Prelims Exam Pattern (Phase I):
|Name of Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||25 Minutes|
|English Language||30||30||25 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||60||60||45 Minutes|
RBI Grade B Mains Exam Pattern (Phase II):
|Name of Test||Paper Type||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|Paper I – Economic and Social Issues||Objective Test||100||90|
|Paper II – English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive Test||100||90|
|Paper III – Finance and Management||Objective Test||100||90|
|Total||3 Papers||300 Marks||4 hours 30 minutes|
RBI Grade B Marking Scheme:
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given.
- For every wrong answer, there is deduction of 0.25 marks.
- For any unattempted questions, no marks will be deducted.
Download: RBI Grade B Exam Pattern PDF
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2021
RBI Grade B Prelims Syllabus
RBI Grade B Syllabus – General Awareness:
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Operating Systems
- Number System
- Banking Terms, Current Rates (Bank rate, Repo Rate, Reverse repo rate / full forms
- Important, Currency, and capital
- Ministers and their departments
- Indian Economy
- International Economy
- International Financial Institutions (World bank, IMF, UN, ADB-related – Members, recent development, functions)
- Finance, Shares, Various schemes of Government (MNREGA, Swabhiman, Swavlamban, Bharat Nirman etc.)
- Books & Their Authors
- Basic knowledge of Internet & Networking
- Types of Banks
- GDP related, RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies
- Social Function of Banks
- Awards & Honors
- Current Affairs (last 6 months)
- Software & Hardware questions (Database & communication)
- History of computers
- Computer abbreviation
RBI Grade B Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number, ranking and time sequence
- Causes and effects, Analytic reasoning, Direction sense test.
- Sitting arrangement
- Alphabet test, Mathematical operations test, Series test, Analogy.
- Odd Man out, Classification, Syllogism
- Blood relations
- Decision making, Input output
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments
- Passage and conclusions
- Assertion and reasoning, Figure Series, Word formation, Series
- Statement and action courses.
RBI Grade B Syllabus – English Language:
- Spotting the errors
- Phrase substitution, Ordering of sentences or jumbled up sentences
- Double blanks in a sentence, Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Test, Idioms & Phrases, Choosing the appropriate filler
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Reconstruction of sentence & passage
- One word substitution, Commonly misspelled words, Comprehensions
RBI Grade B Syllabus – Reasoning:
- Partnerships, Percentage, Ratio and proportions, Average & Ages,
- Profit and loss, Simple interest and compound interest
- Number system
- HCF & LCM, Number series, Problems based on numbers.
- Data Interpretation
- Pie charts, Bar graphs, Line graphs, Mixed graphs
- Approximation Wrong Number,
- Decimal fractions, Square root and cube root, Simplifications
- Time and work, Time and distance, Mensuration
- Permutation and combination
RBI Grade B Mains Syllabus
RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus – For Paper 1-Economic and Social Issues:
|Growth and Development|
|Economic Reforms in India|
|Social Structure in India|
RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus – Paper II: English (Writing Skills):
The Exam on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus – Paper-III: RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus for Finance and Management
|Human Resource Development|
|Motivation, Morale and Incentives|
Download: RBI Grade B Syllabus PDF
RBI Grade B Officer Interview (Phase III) :
- RBI Interview round will comprises of 50 marks.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview round based on the marks obtained in Phase II Examination.
- Roll No of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on its official website and call letters will be sent on registered email id.
- There is a choice to opt the language at the time of interview i.e. either Hindi or English.
Read Out: Top 50 Banking Interview Questions
Selection of the candidates to Officers in Grade-‘B’ posts under RBI will be on the basis of marks obtained in Phase II and in Interview Round.
Recommended RBI Grade B Books:
|Subjects||Name of the book||Author Name|
|Economic and Social Issues||Indian Economy||Uma Kapila|
|Indian Economy||Mishra Puri|
|Growth and Development||Devraj Ray|
|Sociology||C.N. Shankar Rao|
|English||Descriptive General English||S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma|
|Finance & Management||Monetary Theory and Public Policy||Kenneth Kurihara|
|Economic Growth and Development||Mayer and Baldwin|
|Financial Management||Prasanna Chandra|
|Statistics||An Introduction to Numerical Analysis||Atkinson|
|Sampling Techniques||Cochran, William G|
|Fundamental of Applied Statistics||Gupta, SC, VK Kapoor|
|English||Objective English||Edgar Thorpe|
|Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Reasoning||Test of Reasoning||Edgar Thorpe|
|A modern approach to verbal & non-verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|How to prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
We the team members of recruitmentresult.com has provided complete RBI Grade B Syllabus 2021 and Exam Pattern in detailed way on this page. We hope that the visitors of this page, finds it useful for the exam preparation.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|RBI Grade B Admit Card||RBI Question Papers|
|Bank Placement Papers||Upcoming Bank Jobs|
|How to Get Bank Jobs||Bank Exam Model Papers|
|List Of Banks Under IBPS||Banking Current Affairs|