NEET Eligibility Criteria
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is one of the premier entrance examination organized by Central Board of Secondary Education. NEET Eligibility Criteria is laid down by CBSE. Prior applying for admission in undergraduate courses such as Medical and Dental or MBBS and BDS, you may check out minimum qualification & age criteria. In order to appear for NEET 2018 exam, medical contenders need to fulfill NEET Qualifying Marks criterion. We are listing NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018 for candidates from SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH category along with age limit, number of attempts.
Changes in NEET Eligibility 2018 have been introduced, aspirants are required to ensure changes introduced in the medical examination. Prior filling of NEET Application Form 2018, it’s better to go through entire eligibility norms. Those who meet all terms of NEET Test eligibility will be offered admissions in various government & private colleges of the country. To gain more details concerning NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018, go through this page equipped by team of recruitmentresult.com.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification Required:
Here is detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria.
- Aspirants may pass Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually, with an aggregate of 50% marks.
- SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH category applicants may secure at least 40% marks in 12th class to apply for NEET 2018 exam.
- For individuals with locomotor disability of lower limbs, at least 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are essential.
- Those appearing for 12th class exam in 2018 are also eligible for entrance test provisionally, subject to their satisfying the conditions later.
Check Now: NEET Exam Pattern
Do you Know latest Changes in NEET Eligibility 2018?
Go through latest changes introduced in the medical examination.
Number of attempts:
Applicant can appear for NEET only three times. No such condition existed earlier.
Upper age limit:
- The upper age limit to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is set to 25 years for general category aspirants.
- The upper age limit for Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward category is 30 years.
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET 2018.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria:
As per NEET PG 2018 eligibility criteria, contenders must possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized as per the provisions laid under Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
Get Here: NEET PG Application Form Details
NEET UG 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Aspirants may pass higher/senior secondary examination or ISCE equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Applicants may pass above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English
- 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) taken together in PCB subjects are required.
NEET MDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates may possess Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree examination from a recognized institute of India.
- You must have completed compulsory training of 12 months in rotation or practical training on or before March 31 of the year of admission.
- Applicant must be registered with Dental Council of India or State Dental Council.
Check Now: NEET MDS Application Form
Do you know Minimum Percentage in 10+2 for NEET 2018?
- Contenders enrolling for NEET 2018 must pass the minimum specified NEET qualification marks.
- Minimum academic qualification mandatory to appear in NEET exam is an HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate) degree in PCB group (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- Here is minimum percentage in 10+2 or HSC for NEET 2018 listed in tabular form.
|Category||Marks in 10+2 or HSC examination|
Possession of Aadhaar Card:
Aadhar Card is now obligatory while applying for NEET paper.
NEET Eligibility For Different Categories
The eligibility for NEET Exam varies as per category. You need to meet conditions set by CBSE prior filling of NEET 2018 Registration Form.
- Candidates should pass 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- You may qualify Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually & obtained at least 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying paper.
- Those appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible. They are required to produce passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first phase of counseling.
- To apply for admission to MBBS/BDS courses, marks secured in math shall not be taken into account as per NEET Eligibility Criteria.
For Reserved Category Candidates:
- Aspirants may pass 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes aspirants may secure 40% marks n Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination.
Get Here: Top NEET Coaching Centres
NEET Eligibility for PwD:
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018 for people with physical disability or physically handicapped are listed here.
For persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs:
- Aspirants must have passed class XII in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English along with minimum aggregate of 45% marks for Gen-PH in the qualifying examinatio .
- Aggregate of 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH in the qualifying paper is needed.
NEET Eligibility for Overseas/ NRI Candidates:
Contenders who have pass education from a foreign country are also eligible. Those applicants may under the category of Overseas/NRI/International.
- Those who have been educated abroad and are applying for admission into medical colleges in India
- You have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- You may cleared Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English with 50% marks in 12th
Check Now: NEET Books
NEET Eligibility for All India/ State Quota Seats
Are you familiar with All India Quota Seats in NEET?
- All the medical and dental colleges across India reserve 15% seats as “All India Quota seats in NEET 2018”.
- These seats are based on NEET Counselling.
- Those who qualify in these seats will be eligible for admission.
NEET Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats:
Aspirants are required to fulfill following conditions to be eligible for seats under 15% All India Quotas. If case arises, you do not meet one of these NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018, and then you cannot apply for test.
- Candidate must be an Indian National. Any aspirants of foreign nationalities is not eligible for NEET 2018
- Possession of a valid Aadhar Card
- Contender must be 17 years old on or before 31st December to apply for admission into the medical courses.
- For General Category, the upper age limit of applicant is 25 years on or before 31st December of year of admission.
- SC/ST/OBC Category, the upper limit is relaxed up to 30 years.
Some special provisions and norms for Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and the state of Jammu and Kashmir aspirants:
- Applicants from these states are not eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- However, if applicant claims NEET 2018 Eligibility, he must submit an online self-declaration. This declaration will be confirmed at the tenure of counseling.
Give Now: NEET Online Mock Test
NEET Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats:
- Those applying for the 85% State Quota seats must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state
- Such aspirants must possess a valid domicile of the state
- Possess a residency proof
Hope, you get all details about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018. Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D for receiving more updates about it.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|NEET Result||NEET Counselling|
|NEET UG Syllabus||NEET Hall Ticket|
|NEET Answer Key||NEET PG Syllabus|
|NEET PG Exam Pattern||How to Get Admission In Medical College?|
|NEET Application Form||Entrance Exam in India|