NEET Eligibility Criteria
Before applying against NEET 2020, candidates are advised to check NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 first. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has determined the NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for the first time. Check New NEET Age, Qualification, No of Attempt etc from this page.
Highlights of NEET 2020 Exam:
|Name of Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|NEET 2020 Apply Online Last Date||Last Week of November 2019|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||First Week of May 2020|
|NEET Admit Card Release Date||Third Week of April 2020|
|NEET Result Date||Last Week of May 2020|
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Highlights of NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs)|
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Persons with Indian origin (PIO)
Foreign Nationals citizen
|Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats||Candidates belonging to J&K states are eligible to apply under 15%|
|Age limit||Minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.|
|Mandatory Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as mandatory subject.|
|Appearing||Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET (UG).|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020:
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET 2019.
NEET Qualification Needed:
- Aspirants must have passed Higher/Senior Secondary examination or ISCE equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Applicants may pass above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or any other elective subjects with English
- 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) taken together in PCB subjects are required.
NEET Age Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit to apply.
NEET No of Attempts:
- The cap on the number of attempts was removed for NEET 2018 and is not applicable for NEET 2019 and 2020 as well.
- As per the NEET 2020 eligibility criteria, candidates can appear for the entrance exam as many times as they wish provided they fulfill the above-mentioned criteria.
- Earlier, the examination authority decided to conduct NEET twice a year for February and May session, which was later scrapped.
Check Here: All Medical Entrance Exams
NEET Eligibility For Different Categories:
- Candidates should pass 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- You may qualify Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually & obtained at least 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying paper.
- Those appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible. They are required to produce passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first phase of counseling.
- To apply for admission to MBBS/BDS courses, marks secured in math shall not be taken into account as per NEET Eligibility Criteria.
For Reserved Category NTA NEET Eligibility Criteria:
- Aspirants may pass 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes aspirants may secure 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for PwD:
- NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for people with physical disability or physically handicapped are listed here.
- For persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs:
- Aspirants must have passed class XII in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English along with minimum aggregate of 45% marks for Gen-PH in the qualifying examinatio .
- Aggregate of 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH in the qualifying paper is needed.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for Overseas/ NRI Candidates:
- Contenders who have pass education from a foreign country are also eligible. Those applicants may under the category of Overseas/NRI/International.
- Those who have been educated abroad and are applying for admission into medical colleges in India
- You have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- You may cleared Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English with 50% marks in 12th
Important Links Related to NEET:
|NEET Application Form||Get Details|
|NEET Result||Get Details|
|NEET Admit Card||Get Details|
|NEET Login||Get Details|
|NEET Counseling||Get Details|
|NEET Question Paper||Get Details|
|NEET Syllabus||Get Details|
|NEET College Predictor||Get Details|
|NEET Exam Pattern||Get Details|
|NEET Mock Test||Get Details|
|NEET Books||Get Details|
|How to Prepare For NEET||Get Details|
|NEET Coaching||Get Details|
|NEET Cut Off||Get Details|
|NEET UG Syllabus||Get Details|
|NEET Official Website||Press Here|
NEET 2020 Reservation Policy:
NEET 2020 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is discussed below:
Frequently Asked Question Related to NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Question: Are NIOS students eligible for NEET 2020?
Answer: NIOS students are eligible to take NEET 2020 as the clause which barred such students was removed by the High Court of Delhi.
Question: I have a gap year between Class 11 and 12. Will I be eligible for NEET 2020?
Answer: Yes, candidates with a gap year will be eligible for NEET 2020.
Question: I will complete 25 years of age in March 2020. Will I be eligible for NEET?
Answer: Yes, you will be eligible to appear for the NEET exam as the candidates who are 25 years or above will now be able to take the exam as the Supreme Court has a directive.
Check Here: How to Prepare for Written Exam
NEET Eligibility Criteria Download 2020:
Prior applying for admission in undergraduate courses such as Medical and Dental or MBBS and BDS, you may check out Eligibility Criteria of NEET 2020. Changes in NEET Eligibility have been introduced, aspirants are required to ensure changes introduced in the medical examination.
Those who meet all terms of NEET Test eligibility will be offered admissions in various government & private colleges of the country. Candidates can subscribe our free email service to get latest updates about NEET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2020. Follow us on Facebook for NEET Eligibility Criteria PDF.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Education Loans for Students||Top Medical Colleges in India|
|List of Fake Universities||UGC Approved University List|
|How to Apply for Scholarship||Medical Jobs|