This Page Inherits:
- About University
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Top Affiliated Colleges
About the University
Amrita University is a well known university, which was founded in the year of 1994. Its campuses are spreads in three state of India. It is very youngest university to be honored with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC.
Amrita University proposes Dual Degree Programs alternative to traditional curriculum, through the dual degree courses, students of this institution taker the advantage of two separate degrees, simultaneously, usually completing the course in just two years.
|Year of establishment||1994|
|Chancellor||Mata Amritanandamayi Devi|
|Pro Chancellor||Brahmachari Abhayamrita Chaitanya|
|Vice- Chancellor||Dr. P. Venkat Rangan|
|Head Office Address||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, (P.O) Amritanagar, Ettimadai, Coimbatore – 641112, Tamil Nadu|
Campus is generally agreed as the second home of a student’s life, the reason why it instilled quality and perfection in infrastructure and facilities.
Amrita University has a modern library with well-equipped books, journals, magazines to meet the research and informational requires of the students. It is stocked with the latest books. Students and staff can also make use of online facts archival resource from any net-worked system.
There are various Well-equipped Laboratories for all of the required departments such as Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology. There is also an instrumentation room.
University provides the hostel facility separately for boys and girls. Students are provided with sufficient amenities to make them sense at residence. There is a sanitary kitchen which provides healthy food to the students.
This institution facilitates with the Healthcare centre, skilled medical persons including doctors, nurses are available in the university. Additionally, a developed Ayurvedic Hospital also situated in the campus.
College buses pick-up and drop day-scholars from specified locations in Kollam city and en route, at a nominal fee.
It facilitates with the canteen which is remain open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm every day. Students, staff members and visitors can take the advantage of this facility for refreshments.
The General Store provides the stationary, toiletries, provisions, etc. The store also supply publications, audio/ video cassettes, herbal/ayurvedic harvest, etc. formed by the Math.
It also facilitates with the bank counter with 24 hour ATM is conveniently situated in the campus and works on all functioning days. Students can make use of the personal banking facilities at the addition counter.
Students can make use of this facility at the institute at an ostensible charge.
Through Information and Communication Technology Services, it provides various computing and all associated amenities available on the campus. There are many computers and end servers.
There have a facility of Sports and games in the curriculum. Playgrounds with volleyball, basketball and badminton courts are accessible. Apart from this, amenities for a range of indoor games like table tennis and chess are also provided.
There is yoga and meditation programs are conducted under specialist guidance, for the students. Besides of this, the students have the choice of attending evening prayers in the Ashram, which is a means for mind relaxation and renovation.
Details of Undergraduate Courses:
- Integrated Degree
- B. Sc.
- B. Tech.
- M. B. B. S.
- B. A. M. S.
- B. D. S.
- B. Pharm.
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics
- Pharm. D.
- B. A. Mass Communication
- B. Ed.
- B. B. M
- B. Com.
- B. C. A.
Details of Postgraduate Courses:
- M. Ch.
- D. M.
- M. D.
- M. D. S.
- M. Pharm
- M. S.
- M. Sc.
- M. Tech.
- P. G. Diploma
- M. A. in Communication
- M. B. A.
- M. C. A.
- M. A. Philosophy
- M. F. A.
- M. Com.
- Master of Hospital Administration
- M. Phil. (Hospital Administration)
- M. J. M. C.
- Master of Social Work (M. S. W.)
- Pharm. D. Post Baccalaureate
Details of Doctoral Program:
Ph. D. at Amrita University
- Integrated M. A. English Language and Literature
- Integrated M. Sc. Chemistry
- Integrated M. Sc. Mathematics (Offered at Coimbatore Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. Mathematics / Physics (Offered at Amritapuri Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. Physics (Offered at Coimbatore Campus)
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham conducts Entrance Examination every year on an all India basis for admission in many of its bachelor and master programmes and admission of all programs is based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination or merit list.
Candidates can obtain the admission form from the following sources:
- From the University admission desk
- Form the selected bank branches as mentioned in the brochure
- Applying Online on the official website i.e. www.amrita.edu
Process to apply:
- After obtaining the Amrita University 2014 Application Form, candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before you start filling the application form
- Students have to fill the form completely with all correct details in English language according to the mentioned directions.
- Then submit the form through proper channel. All information concerning to selections will be available on website.
Important Dates for B.Tech application form:
|Last date of issue of OMR Application form||In the third week of March|
|Last date for receiving completed applications (OMR and Online)||In the fourth week of March|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||In the second week of April|
|Paper & Pencil Based Test (P&P)||In the fourth week of April|
All the candidates who are scoring the cut off or qualifying marks will be able to take part in the counseling process. The choice concerning the branch, campus made by the candidate’s will be last and no change will be allowed. Candidates are advised to bring all the original certificates at the time of counseling.
Procedure of counselling:
- In the counseling, the candidates are compulsory to make their priorities in terms of college and the courses they wish to choose.
- Students appearing in the counseling process must familiar with that allotment of seat in desired college or course and marks or rank scored by the candidates in the exam.
Testimonials required for counseling:
Following are the documents to be binged by the students at the time of counseling:
- 10th Class Marks Statement (With one Xerox copy)
- HSC / Class 12th Marks Sheet (With one Xerox copy)
- Amrita Entrance Examination Hall ticket
- Community certificate in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Counseling call letter
Top Affiliated College with Amrita University
|Name Of The College||Address||Website|
|Amrita School of Engineering (ASE)||Coimbatore||www.engineering.amrita.edu|
|Amrita School of Business (ASB)||Coimbatore||www.amrita.edu/school/business/coimbatore|
|Amrita School of Arts and Sciences (ASAS)||Kochi||www.amrita.edu|
|Amrita School of Medicine (ASM)||Coimbatore, Kochi||www.aims.amrita.edu/school-of-medicine/medicine-home.php|
|Amrita School of Dentistry||Kochi||www.aims.amrita.edu/school-of-dentistry|
|Amrita School of Pharmacy-Amrita University||Kochi||www.aims.amrita.edu/school-of-pharmacy|
|Amrita College of Nursing (ACN)||Kochi||www.aims.amrita.edu/school-of-nursing|
|Amrita School of Education||Mysore||www.amrita.edu/ased|
Note: For getting more details about this campus visit the official website
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|Education Loans for Students in India||Free Vocabulary Tips|
|Get Rid of Sleeping While Studying||How do Toppers Study|
|Health Hazards due to over Studying||Self-study Vs Coaching Institutes|
|How to Get a Free College Education||How to Make an Effective Time Table|