Ministry of Rural Development has initiated Annapurna Scheme from 1st April, 2000 with purpose of offering financial assistance to senior citizens. With the introduction of Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna, assistance is provided to those indigent senior citizens who are not enclosed under the targeted Public Distribution System (PDS). Persons who do not have source of income are benefited with launch of Annapurna Scheme. The main focus of Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna for Senior Citizens is to cover around 20% (13.762 Lakh) of citizens of India. Acquire all details about Annapurna Scheme, central assistance under Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna from this page.
Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna is a centrally sponsored scheme which offers financial support to senior citizens not having source of income. This scheme merged in to the State Plan since year 2002-03. The main objective of Annapurna Scheme is to provide10 kg food-grain (6 kg wheat + 4 kg rice) to old destitute. Collect more stuff concerning Annapurna Scheme by scrolling down this page.
Do you know what major points are considered under Annapurna Scheme?
Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna provides beneficiaries on accomplishment of listed criteria.
- Age of applicant whether male of female to apply under Annapurna Scheme should be 65 years or exceed it.
- Individual must be a destitute i.e. he or she is not having his/her own source of income or no way of receiving financial support from family members.
- To know about destitution, the procedure, if any, in force in the States/UTs may also be put on.
- In order to be eligible for Annapurna Scheme, person should not be receiving pension under the NOAPS or State Pension Scheme.
- Under Annapurna Scheme, beneficiaries are entitled to receive 10 Kg. of foodgrains per month free of charge.
- With launch of Annapurna Scheme, it is planned to offer 10 kgs. of foodgrains per month free of cost to senior citizens of India.
Read Also: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Procedure of giving food grains under Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna:
- Initially, funds are diverse to State Departments of Food & Civil Supplies (F&CS 😉 in one instalment.
- State Departments of Food & Civil Supplies make an agreement with the Food Corporation of India (FCI) to distribute foodgrains district wise.
- On receiving payment of price of food grains, it moves to FCI offices.
- Gram Sabhas and the Gram Panchayat are responsible for selecting beneficiaries & distributing of entitlement cards to them.
- With effect from 1.11.2000, foodgrains are supplied at Rs.4.90 per Kg which was Rs.9.80 per Kg earlier on.
Get Details: Atal Pension Yojana
Some facts about Annapurna Scheme:
- From Rs.100 crores budget, around Rs.99,04,76,190/- has been assigned to States/UTs.
- 11 States, namely, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Orissa, Rajasthan, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh and Pondicherry
- Funds for Annapurna Scheme are being provided by Ministry of Finance with Additional Central Assistance (ACA) have been provided with 49,78,43,696/- for assistance.
- The food grains are released to the State Governments on the existing norms at BPL rates.
- As per reports, number of beneficiaries reported under Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna reflects a decline of -47236 as compared to 2009-10.
We have provided all details about Annapurna Scheme. Hope, you become aware with Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna for senior citizens. To attain more details regarding recruitment, exam, admit card, stay connected with us.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Steps of PM Modi’s Against Black Money||PM Rozgar Yojana|
|Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana|