Career in Airforce
Working in Air Force makes you strong and explains not to substitute words for actions, but to face pressure and spur of difficulty and challenge. Applicants can make their Career in Airforce after 10th/ 12th/ Graduation for Group X & Y and other Positions. Check Airforce Career Opportunities, Airforce Recruitment Process etc from this page.
Quick View of Indian Airforce:
|Founded||8 October 1932; 85 years ago|
|Size||139,576 active personnel|
Approx. 1,720+ aircraft
|Part of||Indian Armed Forces|
|Motto(s)||नभः स्पृशं दीप्तम् (Sanskrit) IAST: Nabhaḥ Spr̥śaṁ Dīptam (Touch the Sky with Glory)|
|Colour||Navy blue, sky blue & white|
|Anniversaries||Air Force Day: 8 October|
Career in Airforce
B.Tech. and Diploma / Degree holder candidates can also apply under UES (University Entry Scheme). There are three Branches under Indian Air force, that are –
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty Branch
In this you will get the training as a fighter pilot or a helicopter pilot, or a Transport pilot with some other essential training for peace and wartime mission. You can enter to the Flying branch via Air Force Academy. The following 3 modes of entry for an aspirant to join in the Indian Air Force Flying Branch –
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE), which is conducted by UPSE
- National Cadet Corps
- SSC (Short Service Commission) Men & Women
You Can Also Check: Best Career Opportunities
In this you will get a chance to get in charge of some of the most sophisticated equipment in the universe. There are two schemes under it –
- Direct Entry Scheme
- Through Aeronautical Engineering/ SSC (Short Service Commission)
Ground Duty Branch
If you want to get entry in Ground Duty Branch then you must qualify AFCAT Exam. Departments of Ground Duty Branch are Administration, Accounts, Logistics, Education and Meteorology.
Career in Airforce
Career in Airforce for Group X & Y
Indian Air Force (IAF) is a prestigious unit of the Indian Defence services, aimed at guarding the nation and promoting peacetime efforts. To join Indian Air Force as an airman, aspirants need to write the IAF Recruitment Group X and Group Y exams. IAF Airmen careers, therefore, involve the following broad areas of discussion:
- Ranks & Pay Structure
- Higher education
- Career upgrade
- Recognition and Awards
- Sports & Adventure
- Pension & Medical facilities
- Resettlement Post Retirement
Airforce Group X & Y Eligibility:
Airmen who join the Indian Air Force are either 10+2 qualified or diploma holders. Therefore, for better career opportunities with IAF and outside, it is essential for them to acquire higher qualifications.
IAF Airmen: Recognition and Awards:
- Training upgrades: Training in the latest generation equipment and aircraft and avionics. Leadership courses etc.
- Deputation: Deputation to other Central government organizations like DRDO, RAW, etc.
- Foreign Postings: Posting to the Indian embassy in foreign countries, UN operations etc.
Airforce Group X & Y Recruitment Process:
- Group X: As per Airforce Recruitment Process, selection will be done through a written exam (Written test will be objective type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English Paper.
- Group Y: Duration of the online test will be 45 minutes and will comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) on the same or the next day.
- PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 6 minutes 30 seconds.
- Candidates will also have to complete 20 squats, 10 push-ups and10 sit-ups within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
- All candidates who pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will have to undertake Adaptability Test-I (objective type written test) which is to assess the suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF.
- All candidates who pass Adaptability Test – I will have to undertake Adaptability Test- II.
Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Working knowledge of English is a pre-requisite.
Candidates who qualify in the interview will be medically examined.
Indian Air Force Related Links:
|Indian Air Force Result||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Salary||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Cut Off||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Group Y Syllabus||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Syllabus||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Pilot Salary||View Here|
|Indian Air Force Ranks||View Here|
|Official Link||Hit Here|
Career in Airforce after 10th/ 12th:
Those candidates who want to make their career in Indian Air Force after 10th/ 12th this is a golden opportunity for them. They should have passed in 10+2 (Science) qualification with Physics and Maths to join as an officer in the Indian Air Force.
- You can join as Soldier GD in Army after 10th subject to fulfilling all other physical and medical standards.
- Contenders should have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year in all major cities throughout India.
- Shortlisted candidates for Air Force will have to undergo 3 year training routine at NDA, Khadakwasla.
- To join Air Force After 12th/ 10th, have a look on below given 2 ways: NDA & NA Examination, Technical Entry Scheme –TES (For High School Science Graduates)
NDA & NA Examination:
- NDA Exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC for hiring eligible Indians.
- Those who have passed in 10th/ 12th standard for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy
- Age must be between 16.5 years to 19.5 yrs (at the day the course is expected to begin) ie. Born Between 02-01 to 01-07 for December Course and 02-07 to 01-01 for July Course can go for NDA & NA Examination.
Technical Entry Scheme –TES (For High School Science Graduates):
- Individuals must have passed in 10+2 Physics, Chemistry & Maths (aggregate 70% and above to apply) to apply for Technical Entry Scheme.
- Candidates applying for Technical Entry Scheme, their age should be between 16.5 years to 19.5 yrs i.e. Born Between 01-07 to 01-07 for January Course and 01-01 to 01-01 for July Course.
Check Also: Latest Defence Jobs
Monthly Salary Of The Indian Air Force Officers:
- Flying branch: Rs. 74,264
- Technical branch: Rs. 65,514
- Ground duty branch: Rs. 63,014
|Designation||Compensation per annum in Rs.|
|Captain/Squadron Leader/Lieutenant Commander||3,25,000|
|Lieutenant colonel/group captain/Commander||6,80,000|
|Major General/Air Vice Marshall/Rear Admiral||9,80,000|
|Lieutenant General/Air Marshall/Vice Admiral||10,50,000|
|General/Admiral/Air Chief Marshall||11,80,000|
Also Know Here: How To Join Army After Graduation
Career in Indian Air Force:
Air Force is the prestigious job in India and candidates appear for the AFCAT and SSC examination every year to join Air Force. Indian Air Force has an exciting career opportunity for graduates as well as for those who have finished their schooling or have passed their class tenth or 12th.
Career in Air force is an enthusiastic and very responsible profession. The Selection criteria in Air force include written test and Interview and Physical examination too. Applicants can easily apply for any of the post for to which he/ she eligible for after visiting the official website of Air force.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Upcoming Government Jobs||Latest Recruitments|
|Jobs By Qualification||Jobs by Organization|
|Free Job Updates||Latest Private Jobs|
|Latest Jobs Openings For Freshers||Employment News This Week Highlights|