Career in Airforce
Lots of Indian youth wants to join Indian Air Force in today’s era to get glamorous and challenging job. More than ever, a Career In Airforce in the flying branch, as a flying officer, is quite profitable one. Air Force is the prestigious job in India and candidates appear for the AFCAT and SSC examination every year to join Air Force.
If you are worry for your career after 10th, 12th Diploma/ Degree or B.Tech, Then Air Force job is a best option. Indian Air Force provides many opportunities to develop and every year there is Air Force Recruitment programmes are held to select new talents.
Indian Air Force has an exciting career opportunity for graduates as well as for those who have finished their schooling or have passed their class tenth.
Career in Airforce
- Career in Air force is an enthusiastic and very responsible profession. The Selection criteria in Air force include written test and Interview and Physical examination too. Applicants can easily apply for any of the post for to which he/ she eligible for after visiting the official website of Air force.
- Indian Air force invites thousands of application from dynamic and eligible citizens of India. Every Year lots of Recruitment are done in Indian Air force and there is a large scope after 10th and 12th. You can also apply for the AFCAT examinations which will best opportunity to you to join Air Force.
|Founded||8 October 1932; 85 years ago|
|Size||139,576 active personnel|
Approx. 1,720+ aircraft
|Part of||Indian Armed Forces|
|Motto(s)||नभः स्पृशं दीप्तम् (Sanskrit) IAST: Nabhaḥ Spr̥śaṁ Dīptam (Touch the Sky with Glory)|
|Colour||Navy blue, sky blue & white|
|Anniversaries||Air Force Day: 8 October|
Want to Know? Career Success Strategies
Air Force Branches
B.Tech. and Diploma / Degree holder candidates can also apply under UES (University Entry Scheme). There are three Branches under Indian Air force, that are –
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty Branch
In this you will get the training as a fighter pilot or a helicopter pilot, or a Transport pilot with some other essential training for peace and wartime mission. You can enter to the Flying branch via Air Force Academy. The following 3 modes of entry for an aspirant to join in the Indian Air Force Flying Branch –
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE), which is conducted by UPSE
- National Cadet Corps
- SSC (Short Service Commission) Men & Women
Read Here: Career Development Skills
In this you will get a chance to get in charge of some of the most sophisticated equipment in the universe. There are two schemes under it –
- Direct Entry Scheme
- Through Aeronautical Engineering/ SSC (Short Service Commission)
Ground Duty Branch:
If you want to get entry in Ground Duty Branch then you must qualify AFCAT Exam. Departments of Ground Duty Branch are Administration, Accounts, Logistics, Education and Meteorology.
Check Also: Latest Defence Jobs
Career in Airforce after 10th/12th
Those candidates who want to make their career in Indian Air Force after 12th this is a golden opportunity for them. They should have passed in 10+2 (Science) qualification with Physics and Maths to join as an officer in the Indian Air Force.
Contenders should have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year in all major cities throughout India. Shortlisted candidates for Air Force will have to undergo 3 year training routine at NDA, Khadakwasla.
You Can Also Check: Best Career Opportunities
Candidate must be more than 19 years of age and 23 years of age and must be unmarried, and should be citizen of India. Aspirant should have completed B.E. from any affiliated University. Appliers should be or have a…
- A sense of adventure
- Willing to risk your life for the nation
- Philosophical and realise the ephemeral quality of life
- Hardworking, able to withstand strain
- Fond of travelling
- Able to fly for long hours
- a calm temperament and strong nerves
- The selection procedure includes the Scrutiny of Application forms, testing officer like qualities in the aspirants.
- Shortlisted candidates are then called for the Medical Examinations.
- At last the preparing of all India Merit List is generated and finally shortlist of aspirants is drawn.
Check Out: Personality Development Tips
Salary & Allowances For Indian Air Force Officer Jobs
Qualifying candidates, who become Air Force officer, will get a monthly stipend of Rs. 21,000.
|Particulars||Salary for Indian Air Force Jobs|
|Pay in Pay Band (same for flying, technical, ground duty)||Rs. 15,600|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 5,400|
|Military Service Pay||Rs. 6,000|
|Dearness Allowance @ 107 percent||Rs. 28,890|
|Kit Maintenance Allowance||Rs. 500|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 3,200 + DA ( in major cities) or Rs. 1,600 + DA ( in other cities)|
Additional Allowance For IAF Vacancies:
- Flying Allowance: Rs. 11,250 per month for Flying Branch officers
- Technical Allowance: Rs. 2,500 per month for Technical Branch officers
Monthly Salary Of The Indian Air Force Officers:
- Flying branch: Rs. 74,264
- Technical branch: Rs. 65,514
- Ground duty branch: Rs. 63,014
|Designation||Compensation per annum in Rs.|
|Captain/Squadron Leader/Lieutenant Commander||3,25,000|
|Lieutenant colonel/group captain/Commander||6,80,000|
|Major General/Air Vice Marshall/Rear Admiral||9,80,000|
|Lieutenant General/Air Marshall/Vice Admiral||10,50,000|
|General/Admiral/Air Chief Marshall||11,80,000|
Check In Detail: Indian Air Force Salaries
Candidate should not be colour/night blind or wear glasses. For flying branch, minimum
- Height requirement is 162.5 cm.
- Leg length 99-120 cm.
- Vision – Visual acuity (min) Distant Vision (corrected) Better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 D including astigmatism.
Want to Know? Physical Standards for Indian Armed Forces
How To Join Indian Air Force After 12th?
To join Air Force After 12th, have a look on below given 2 ways:
- NDA & NA Examination
- Technical Entry Scheme –TES (For High School Science Graduates)
NDA & NA Examination
- NDA Exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC for hiring eligible Indians.
- Those who have passed in 12th standard of 10+2 for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy and their age must be between 16.5 years to 19.5 yrs (at the day the course is expected to begin) ie. Born Between 02-01 to 01-07 for December Course and 02-07 to 01-01 for July Course can go for NDA & NA Examination.
Technical Entry Scheme –TES (For High School Science Graduates)
- Individuals must have passed in 10+2 Physics, Chemistry & Maths (aggregate 70% and above to apply) to apply for Technical Entry Scheme.
- Candidates applying for Technical Entry Scheme, their age should be between 16.5 years to 19.5 yrs i.e. Born Between 01-07 to 01-07 for January Course and 01-01 to 01-01 for July Course.
How To Apply?
You can apply for the Air force by following few steps, either online or through offline mode as prescribed in the advertisement. You have to send all the necessary documents Xerox copy along with the application form. You can easily register for different post on careerairforce.nic.in i.e. official website of Indian Air force.
Want to Know? How To Join Army After Graduation
After getting complete details regarding Career in Airforce after 10th/ 12th, How to Join Indian Air Force, IAF Jobs etc if you have any query then ask us in below given comment box. We will try to solve your query as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment||IAF Group C Recruitment|
|Indian Air Force Syllabus||IAF Admit Card|
|IAF Group C Recruitment||Indian Navy Career|
|Armed Forces Career||Police Jobs|