Career in Banking Sector in India
Career in Banking Sector in India is one of the most lucrative options for youth. There are limitless jobs and great career growth options in banking. If you have decided or opt to make career in banking sector then you have taken right decision. As we know India is a developing country and banks plays an important role in economy growth. In India it the fastest rising industry and the swift growth & advancements are providing huge banking career opportunities.
This field has geared itself and come in the near future large numbers of banks are going to introduce itself with big amount of vacancies. We also know that career in banking sector is international in nature and big amount of financial organization is all set to place their foot in India which is amazing opportunity who want to become a banker.
How to Become a Banker:
There are different types of banker which includes personal, commercial and investment bankers. The responsibilities and role of every banker is different. Personal banker can work one-on-one with customers. Commercial Banker’s process loans to prospective entrepreneurs and the investment bankers connect financier with investment opportunities.
Basic Requirements of Job:
In the below section, we are giving table which includes details regarding necessities to become a banker.
|Degree Level||Graduate degree from a recognized university or institute|
|Degree Field||Finance, business administration (most prefer)|
|Certification||Recommended requires a bachelor’s degree, four years of related work experience and successful completion of three intensive exams|
|Key Skills||Math and customer service skills are important, in addition to strong business and communication skills|
Jobs & Growth Options In Banking
There is always demand for banking professionals.
There is always demand for banking professionals. Candidates, if you have Graduate Degree in banking or any other Degree with an aptitude for it, just go for it and Grow Your Career in Career in Banking Sector in India.
- Banking employees are required all year long. After privatization, necessity for banking professionals has increased in multiple.
- Candidates who have different specializations like Science, Arts and Commerce can apply for banking jobs after equipping themselves with diplomas that provide basic knowledge required in banking organizations.
- Salaries of those candidates who are getting placed abroad are enormous and provide excellent scope for professional and personal growth.
Career Opportunity In Banking Sector
In Indian, being a developing country banks are considered as a backbone of economy of country as this is the sector which has huge career opportunity. In Banking Sector, there are various posts from which the top most jobs are of clerks, MT (Management Trainees) and PO (Probationary Officers). Other career opportunities in this sector are bank tellers, financial service representatives, financial managers, Bill and account collectors, loan officers, audit clerks and book keeping.
Types of Banks in India:
Bank is categorized into 3 parts i.e. Commercial Banks, Co-operative Banks and Investment Banks and specialized banks.
Commercial banks are categorized into 3 parts which is mentioned below:
- Public Sector Banks
- Private Sector Banks
- Regional Banks
Role of Commercial Banks are:
- Mobilizing Saving for Capital Formation
- Financing Industry
- Financing Trade
- Financing Agriculture
- Financing Consumer Activities
- Financing Employment Generating Activities
- Help in Monetary Policy
These banks are set up to give benefit to rural people such as farmers and small scale industries etc. These are controlled and managed by co-operative societies. Co-operative Banks is further categorized into
- State co-operative Banks
- Central co-operative Banks
- Primary Agriculture Credit societies
Investment Banks and Specialized Banks:
Investment Banks and Specialized Banks provide financial support to its consumers and also provide essential support such as foreign exchange, sales of equities, foreign trading etc. to its customers.
Courses in Banking Sector:
There are various short term and long term courses in banking sector. Even B.A, B.Com, B.Sc. and 12th pass-out candidates also have a chance to be selected in public and Private Sector Banks etc. Name of some courses is as follows:
List of Entrance Exams for Bank Jobs:
In this section we are stated some Banks Examinations, by qualifying these exams you get placed in related bank or financial organization.
- IBPS Common Written Exam for Probationary Officer
- State Bank of India Probationary Officer
- Private Banks exam (conduct their own aptitude tests)
- IBPS Common Written Exam for Clerical Recruitment for PSUs
- State Bank of India Clerical
- Common Written Exam for Regional Rural Banks
- Common Written Exam for Specialist Officer
- IDBI Bank Executive Exam
- RBI exam
- RBI assistant exam
- NABARD AM exam
Jobs in Banking Sector:
In banking sector, there are various posts, some of the posts names are mentioned below:
- Subject Matter Specialist
- Communications Manager
- Administrative Officer
- Officer Scale
- Office Assistant
- Probationary Officer
- Law Officer
- Management Trainee
- General banking officer
- Private Secretary
Services of Banker:
Bankers provide various services to its customers. They support customers with initial banking requests like opening a saving, current account and set up the certificates of deposit and any other money handling option. Banker offers variety of services like trusts, deposits, investment accounts, lines of credit etc. Organization trained bankers to answer any questions that consumers ask related to banking needs. They help customers effectively to manage their accounts. Some of them focus on personal banking and others focus on commercial banking and focus on businesses. Bankers give their full effort for providing excellent customer service and establish good relations with their consumers.
Tips for Getting Hired:
- Impress interviewers, by showing a mathematical aptitude.
- Be thorough with accounting and financial skills acquire in school and college.
- Calculate everything quantitatively and Speak to point as you display your subject skills.
- Candidates, when you are going to attend interview Carry your awards and certificates from school and college
- This is a condition for all candidates appearing for interviews with banking organizations should be dressed formally and speak boldly.
- Assure interviewers that you have no problem with extra working hours every day.
Candidates who have desire to grow their career in banking sector, can go through the above section of this page. On this page, you will get complete information regarding bank exams, growth options in banking, services of banker, jobs in banks etc. You can also get information regarding syllabus, exam pattern, study material of any competitive exams etc through our web portal i.e. recruitmentresult.com.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Eligibility for Bank Jobs||Bank Salary|
|Bank Preparation Material||Bank Online Test|
|Bank PO Commonly Asked Questions||Bank PO Exam Preparation Tips|
|Bank Interview Que & Ans||Bank Clerk Study Material|
|Bank Exam Pattern||Bank Placement Papers|