Career in Banking Sector in India
In today’s era bank job is one of the most preferred and secured Jobs. Everyone is desirous to secure their Career in Banking Sector in India. There are limitless jobs and great career growth options in banking.
Banks are measured the backbone of a country’s economy. Indian Banking system is very strong and doing job in banking sector is better options for growth. If you have decided or opt to make career in banking sector then you have taken right decision. As we know that India is a developing country and banks plays an important role in economy growth.
In India it the fastest rising industry and the swift growth & advancements are providing huge banking career opportunities. Individuals need to read this article to know detailed facts about Career in Banking Sector in India and Jobs & Growth Options In Banking which is created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
Career in Banking Sector in India
How to Become a Banker:
There are different types of banker which includes personal, commercial and investment bankers. The responsibilities and role of every banker is different. Personal banker can work one-on-one with customers. Commercial Banker’s process loans to prospective entrepreneurs and the investment bankers connect financier with investment opportunities.
Basic Requirements of Job:
In the below section, we are giving table which includes details regarding necessities to become a banker.
|Degree Level||Graduate degree from a recognized university or institute|
|Degree Field||Finance, business administration (most prefer)|
|Certification||Recommended requires a bachelor’s degree, four years of related work experience and successful completion of three intensive exams|
|Key Skills||Math and customer service skills are important, in addition to strong business and communication skills|
List of Entrance Exams for Bank Jobs:
We have given a few well-known Banking Entrance Examinations. At present, competition in these exams is too much high. By qualifying Banking Entrance Examinations, individuals can get placed in the related bank or financial organization.
- IBPS Common Written Exam for Probationary Officer (IBPS PO)
- State Bank of India Probationary Officer (SBI PO)
- IBPS Common Written Exam for Clerical Recruitment for PSUs
- State Bank of India Clerical
- Common Written Exam for Regional Rural Banks
- Common Written Exam for Specialist Officer
- IDBI Bank Executive Exam
- RBI exam
- RBI assistant exam
- NABARD AM exam
Required Skills for a Banking career:
- Customer Dealing
- People with patience
- People good with numbers and accounting
- Good Analytical Skills
Career Progression of Officers:
- Junior Management Grade – Scale I: Officer
- Middle Management Grade – Scale II: Manager
- Middle Management Grade – Scale III: Senior Manager
- Senior Management Grade – Scale IV: Chief Manager
- Senior Management Grade Scale V: Assistant General Manager
- Top Management Grade Scale VI: Deputy General Manager
- Top Management Grade Scale VII: General Manager
Check Here: Bank Salary Structure
Some Success Stories
|BSc in Chemistry Joined Bank of Baroda as PO in ’79. Right now, KR Kamath is CMD of Union bank of India.|
|KR Kamath||Did B.Com from Mysore, joined Corporation Bank as officer trainee ’77. Today KR Kamath is CMD of Punjab National Bank.|
Done BA in literature, joined SBI as PO back in ‘77. Today Arundhati Bhattacharya is the Chairman of SBI.
Employees of Banks will receive good financial packages along with other perks. Housing and medical facilities are also provided by banks to bank employees. And there is an added advantage of job security. Not to mention a great social status.
Check Also: Bank Syllabus
There is always demand for banking professionals.Jobs & Growth Options In Banking
There is always demand for banking professionals. Candidates, if you have Graduate Degree in banking or any other Degree with an aptitude for it, just go for it and Grow Your Career in Career in Banking Sector in India.
- Banking employees are required all year long. After privatization, necessity for banking professionals has increased in multiple.
- Candidates who have different specializations like Science, Arts and Commerce can apply for banking jobs after equipping themselves with diplomas that provide basic knowledge required in banking organizations.
- Salaries of those candidates who are getting placed abroad are enormous and provide excellent scope for professional and personal growth.
Check Now: Bank Exam Model Papers
Career Opportunity In Banking Sector
In Indian, being a developing country banks are considered as a backbone of economy of country as this is the sector which has huge career opportunity. In Banking Sector, there are various posts from which the top most jobs are of clerks, MT (Management Trainees) and PO (Probationary Officers). Other career opportunities in this sector are bank tellers, financial service representatives, financial managers, Bill and account collectors, loan officers, audit clerks and book keeping.
Types of Banks in India:
Bank is categorized into 3 parts i.e. Commercial Banks, Co-operative Banks and Investment Banks and specialized banks.
Commercial banks are categorized into 3 parts which is mentioned below:
- Public Sector Banks
- Private Sector Banks
- Regional Banks
Role of Commercial Banks are
|Mobilizing Saving for Capital Formation|
|Financing Consumer Activities|
|Financing Employment Generating Activities|
|Help in Monetary Policy|
These banks are set up to give benefit to rural people such as farmers and small scale industries etc. These are controlled and managed by co-operative societies. Co-operative Banks is further categorized into
- State co-operative Banks
- Central co-operative Banks
- Primary Agriculture Credit societies
Investment Banks and Specialized Banks:
Investment Banks and Specialized Banks provide financial support to its consumers and also provide essential support such as foreign exchange, sales of equities, foreign trading etc. to its customers.
Check This- Top 10 Job Oriented Courses
Courses in Banking Sector:
There are various short term and long term courses in banking sector. Even B.A, B.Com, B.Sc. and 12th pass-out candidates also have a chance to be selected in public and Private Sector Banks etc. Name of some courses is as follows:
Jobs in Banking Sector
In banking sector, there are various posts, some of the posts names are mentioned below:
|Subject Matter Specialist||Communications Manager|
|Officer Scale||Office Assistant|
|General banking officer||Clerk|
Read Here: How to Choose Right Career
Services of Banker:
Bankers provide various services to its customers. They support customers with initial banking requests like opening a saving, current account and set up the certificates of deposit and any other money handling option. Banker offers variety of services like trusts, deposits, investment accounts, lines of credit etc.
Organization trained bankers to answer any questions that consumers ask related to banking needs. They help customers effectively to manage their accounts. Some of them focus on personal banking and others focus on commercial banking and focus on businesses. Bankers give their full effort for providing excellent customer service and establish good relations with their consumers.
Want to Know? How to Get Bank Jobs
Tips for Getting Hired for Bank Jobs:
- Must show mathematical aptitude to impress interviewers
- Be thorough with accounting and financial skills acquire in school and college.
- Calculate everything quantitatively and Speak to point as you display your subject skills.
- Candidates, when you are going to attend interview Carry your awards and certificates from school and college
- This is a condition for all candidates appearing for interviews with banking organizations should be dressed formally and speak boldly.
- Assure interviewers that you have no problem with extra working hours every day.
Must Check: List Of Banks Under IBPS
Essence of the page:
Candidates who have desire to grow their career in banking sector, can go through the above part of this page to get complete details. From this page, you will get complete information regarding bank exams, growth options in banking, services of banker, jobs in banks, Some Success Stories etc.
If you are interested to get information regarding syllabus, exam pattern, study material of any competitive exams etc then stay tuned with us through our web portal i.e. recruitmentresult.com. We will update this page time to time.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Eligibility for Bank Jobs||Bank Salary|
|Bank Preparation Material||Bank Online Test|
|Bank PO Commonly Asked Questions||Bank PO Exam Preparation Tips|
|Bank Interview Que & Ans||Bank Clerk Study Material|
|Bank Exam Pattern||Bank Placement Papers|