Career Opportunities in Earth Science
Earth Science is very exciting and interesting career choice for those who are who are interested in Earth. So in this page, we have given Career Opportunities in Earth Science for those wish to start fascinating career as earth Scientist. You can also get to know about the Qualification required, Salary, and Benefit of Earth Scientists.
Earth Sciences is a field which deals with inner working of our planet. Earth Sciences includes the study of subjects like geography, geology and oceanography, the study of earth, and its changing aspects. With issues such as climate change, pollution etc there is increase in demand of Earth Scientists.
Earth Science Career Opportunities
Job Opportunities in Earth Science are really good. There will be more jobs available in this field in the near future. Earth scientists are usually hired by government agencies, consulting firms, environmental management services and the oil and gas industry.
To become an Earth Scientists or Geologist, you need to have Bachelors or Master’s degree and you will require Ph.D. degrees to apply for research and university teaching positions. To know more about the Career Opportunities in Earth Science go through the below section of page which is well developed by team of recruitmentresult.com
Career Opportunities in Earth Science
How to become Earth scientist?
If you wish to become an Earth Scientist, then you must have a Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum Qualification you must have to enroll in this degree program is a 10+2 qualification with Biology, Math and Chemistry as main subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 60%. Duration of these courses is Minimum 3 years. Various degree programs in the earth sciences are given below:
- Bachelor of Science (BS / BSc), Earth Science Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Oceanography
- Master’s Degree in Applied Geoscience
- Graduate Degrees in Geography
- Tech in Earth Science
Must Check: Best Career Opportunities
Top reasons to study Earth Sciences
- Earth Sciences courses will give you a broader understanding of the world we live in.
- If you are Earth Scientist, you will give get hands-on experience in geological field methods.
- You will be able to specialize in different areas.
- Earth Sciences graduates have particularly good problem-solving abilities and a wide range of transferable skills.
- Earth Scientist has a great opportunity for career advancement. There will be more jobs available in this field in the near future.
- Although many Earth Scientist work as teachers and laboratory scientists, there is still a fair amount of time spent out in the field, conducting research. This can be an incentive if you enjoy working outdoors.
Get Best Answer: Which Career Suit Me?
Earth Science Careers you can Pursue
Many different sciences are used to learn about the earth. However, the four basic areas of Earth science study are geology, meteorology, oceanography or astronomy. Opportunities in geology are especially good. There are many people who believe that careers in Earth Sciences are in the petroleum Industry. In fact Less than half of geologists work in this field. Explore more Career Opportunities in Earth Science from below section:
Range Of Job Areas As Earth Scientist
- Petroleum exploration & production: finding and developing new oil & gas fields.
- Carbon Capture and Storage: finding, developing, and monitoring suitable sites.
- Energy and mineral extraction: exploring for coal, metallic and industrial minerals.
- Hydrogeology: finding and maintaining subsurface water supply.
- Geotechnics: detailing rock & soil strength for engineering projects.
- Environmental geology & geochemistry: natural and industrial risk assessment, nuclear waste disposal.
- School teaching: teaching science in schools.
- University research & teaching: degree-level teaching and research.
- Museums and libraries: managing collections of geological material.
- Publishing: commissioning and editing geological books and journals.
- Science in society: science research and policy in public sector institutes.
- Finance and consulting: assessing natural resource investment for banks etc.
Do You Know: How to Choose Right Career
Earth Scientist Salary
Salary of the Earth Scientist depends on their individual qualifications, experience, and scale of the hiring organization. In the below table, we have mentioned Average salary of Earth Scientist in different Job Position.
|Job Position||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Geo Science Engineer||Rs.4,93,325|
|Seismic Data Collection Engineer||Rs.9,02,473|
|Seismic Data Interpretation Engineer||Rs.1,068,000|
The Importance of Earth Science
With our society growing demand for energy also increases, for mineral- weather, fuel. And the way of all living things with the increasing concerns about natural hazards or environmental too Earth scientist plays very important role in this and this means that long-range viewpoint for earth –sciences jobs is very good. But the most important fact about earth sciences is that highest number of jobs in Canada and India is found in mining & oil and gas extraction.
Not only they pay well, but also they give satisfaction enjoyment and a different adventurous life experience. You explore more and more by travelling and those allowances’ you receive by company with wages too and besides earning you learn different culture by building new relationships with people around the world.
Candidates we hope hat above information about Career Opportunities in Earth Science has been helpful for you. For more information and Updates, Stay Connected with us on this page. For any query or suggestion about the Career Opportunities in Earth Science, comment in the below given box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Career Option Other Than Engineering||Career Option after You Turned 20|
|Things for Successful Career||How To Be A Smart Student|
|Career Development Skills||Career Success Strategies|
|How to Pursue a Career Later in Life||Best Jobs For College Graduates|