CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Want to know that you are eligible for the UGC NET 2018 or not? If yes, then must check the CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria which is presented here on this web portal. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct National Eligibility Test on behalf of the University Grants Commission for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals (for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Assistant Professor) in Indian universities and colleges. Those aspirants who are going to appear in the exam can check the required CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018, Age Limit/Exemption etc from the below module or by accessing the direct link which is available below.
This page contains:
You may also get the updated details like Qualification Required, Age limitation, Exam Pattern, Exemptions etc. in PDF format by going through the official web portal via online track. Those aspirants who will be appeared in the CBSE UGC NET 2018 must have the required eligibility criteria in order to avail the chance. If in case any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, the candidature will be cancelled and legal action should be taken against the candidate. Below we the team of recruitmentresult.com is mention all CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018 details, must check.
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who are going to appear in the NET should have secured 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (list attached page No. 22 to 48) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. ( as present in the list of subjects of post graduation at page No. 18 to 19).
- The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates.
- Applying candidates should hold the P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- For appearing in NET, Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%).
Check Detailed CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria Here
- Candidates are suggested to appear in post graduation only.
- You are need not to send any certificates/documents in support of your eligibility not even a printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE.
- According to the interest of the candidates, they must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test.
- If in case any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and legal action should be taken.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
You Can Also Check: CBSE UGC NET Syllabus
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- Candidates who will be appearing for Junior Research Fellowship positions should not be more than 28 years as on 01.11.2017.
- Relaxation up to 5 years will be provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC) SC/ST/PwD categories and to women applicants.
- Candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of postgraduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years of relaxation on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- Total age relaxation shall not be exceeding five years under any circumstances.
- Those aspirants who are going to appear for Assistant Professor are not required to be under upper age limit for applying.
Get Here: CBSE UGC NET Previous Years Papers
Exemption (Eligibility For Assistant Professor):
- NET/SET/SLET is the minimum and main eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- The candidates, who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
Know More About: CBSE UGC NET
Get rest of the information about CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria through this page. Candidates can easily Subscribe Our Free E-Mail Section to get latest updates on your timeline wall directly and also follow us on Facebook or Google plus to acquire most recent updates on your timeline wall directly. Bookmark our page by using cntrl+d
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CBSE UGC NET Answer Key||UGC NET Coaching|
|CBSE UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Exam Pattern|
|UGC NET Result||UGC Approved University List|