CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates, who are going to apply for CBSE UGC NET Exam, may check updated information regarding CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria from this page. Central Board of Secondary Education conducts National Eligibility Test on behalf of the University Grants Commission yearly. From this page, appliers can get detailed info about CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2017 and also acquire details on Age Limit/Exemption, please have a look.
Organization conducts CBSE UGC NET Exam for providing the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor/JRF in Indian universities and colleges. So for getting completed information about CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2017, you may need to scroll down this page which is created by team of recruitmentresult.com.
This Page Include:
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
CBSE UGC NET Qualification:
- Applicants must have Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc with 55% marks (For General) and 50% marks (For Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates).
- Contenders, who have given examination of master’s degree (final year) and waiting for their outcome of exam and those who qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test and Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Appliers with Ph.D. degree holders whose post graduation degree level test had been done by 19th September 1991 (ir-respective of date of announcement of consequence) shall be qualified for a reduction of 5% in total marks (that is from 55% to 50%) for appearing in National Eligibility Test.
- Contestants are advised to appear in subject of their post graduation only and The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject.
- Appliers are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE, but the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test and In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
You Can Also Check:-UGC NET Syllabus
CBSE UGC NET Age Limit:
- For Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates’ age should not more than 28 years as on 01.07.2017.
- For Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- Aspirants belonging to OBC and SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants will get relaxation in age up to 05 years.
- Relaxation will also be offered to the aspirants having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant / related subject of master’s degree, subject to a maximum of five years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Contenders who have LLM degree will get relaxation in age up to 03 years and entire age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed 05 years under any circumstances.
- For getting recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions, the NET/SLET/SET is only the eligibility criteria, Provided on the other hand, that contenders, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions
- Those aspirants, who have passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: Appliers who have cleared the States Eligibility Test accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
Read Also:- Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
For States Eligibility Test held from 1st Dec 2002 onwards, the qualified aspirants are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities / colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Applicants, above provided information about CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria are helpful for you if you’re going to apply for National Eligibility Test. Candidates are advised to Subscribe Our Free E-Mail Section to get latest updates on your timeline wall directly and also follow us on Facebook or Google plus to acquire most recent updates on your timeline wall directly. Thank you!!!!
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How To Find Online Study Material||Effective Time Table For Studies|
|Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips||Tips to Make Study Interesting|
|How to Get in the Mood to Study||How to Prepare for Written Exam|