CDS Exam Syllabus
Start your preparation with CDS Exam Syllabus!!! Candidates who are going to appear in the Combined Defence Services Exam they are required to check UPSC CDS (I/II) Topic Wise Paper Pattern and complete CDS Exam Syllabus for better preparation. Aspirants who are willing to join Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy & Indian Air Force Academy they need to qualify CDS exam for which they need to study with latest CDS Exam Syllabus 2017.
Union Public Service Commission conducts CDS exam every year. It is considered the toughest exam to join the defence services, so participants need to be very attentive about topics covered in this exam. Aspirants can check the topics wise Combined Defence Services Exam Syllabus and the CDS Exam Pattern through this page which is well customized by the team members of recruitmentresult.com.
This Page Includes:
- CDS Exam Syllbaus
- CDS Paper Pattern
- CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Related Updates
CDS Exam Syllabus
Paper 1: English
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Finding errors and omittions etc
Read Now: How to Prepare for English
Paper 2: General Knowledge
- Knowledge of current topics
- knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues
- Indian Economy
- Current happening in the field of business, politics, sports, entertainment etc.
- Monuments of India
- Books and Authors name etc
Read Here: How To Prepare For GK
Paper 3: Elementary Mathematics
- Number System: Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions
- Unitary method: time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations
- Simple factor
- Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M
- Theory of polynomials
- solutions of quadratic equations
- relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered)
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions
- Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances.
You May Read This: How to Prepare for Maths
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book)
- Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones
- Cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data
- Graphical representation frequency polygons
- Histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
- Measures of central tendency
Have A Look On This Useful Section of CDS
CDS Paper Pattern
The CDS examination will be conducted in two phases:
- Written examination
- Interview/ Personality Test
A). For admission in IMA, INA and AFA:
|Paper||Name of Subject||Duration of Exam||Total Marks|
|Paper I||English||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Paper III||Elementary Mathematics||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
B). For Admission in Officers Training Academy:
|Paper||Name of subject||Duration of exam||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Knowledge||120 minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Paper 2||English||120 minutes (2 hours)||100|
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- For IMA: 19 years to 24 years.
- For Naval Academy: 19 years to 22 years.
- For Air Force Academy: 19 years to 23 years.
- For Officers Training Academy: 19 years to 25 years
Read Also: Health Hazards due to over Studying
- Those candidates are applying for IMA / officers training academy they must have any degree from any recognized university/ institute.
- Applicants who are applying for Indian Naval Academy (INA) should possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from any recognized university.
- And Contenders who are applying for Air Force Academy (ACA) those candidates must have a degree in engineering from any recognized university/ institute with physics and math’s at 10+2.
Applicants who will prepare according to the above mentioned Combined Defence Services Exam Pattern and complete topics of CDS Syllabus will surely get the success in exam. We wish all the best to the participants of CDS exam to score well.
Check These Related Links:
Candidates, if you have any query regarding the same then you can write us in the below given comment box. You can also Subscribe For Our Free Email facility to get latest updates in your inbox. You can also follow us on facebook and Google plus to fetch the newest updates on your timeline.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|Strategy for UPSC Examination||UPSC Books|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||Online Test For UPSC|