Candidates, who have decided to do jobs in government sector through UPSC CDS (1) Exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, can fetch the information about UPSC CDS 2016 from this page. Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CDS Notification for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. Eligible aspirants, who want to apply, they can fill the CDS (1) Online Application form 2016 against this notification on or before the last date of Registration. Contestants may get more information about UPSC CDS (1) Exam 2016 from the beneath section of this page.
The Union Public Service Commission has released the examination schedule for the Combined Defence Services examination 2016. The exam has been scheduled to be conducted on February 14, 2016. The interested and eligible candidates can apply according to the prescribed format.
|Name of Examination||Combined Defense Services Examination (I)|
|Date of Written Exam||14th February 2016|
Contenders can get further details regarding UPSC CDS 2016 Exam notifications like eligibility criteria, age limit, application fee, selection process, exam pattern and how to apply etc which are well mentioned below by the team of recruitmentresult.com. It is advised to read complete details before applying against this career notification.
|Indian Military Academy and Officer’s Training Academy||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.|
|Naval Academy||Degree in any of these disciplines- B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics as subjects or a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) from a approved university or institute.|
|Air Force Academy||Bachelor’s degree and passed Class 12 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects. If they did not have Physics and Mathematics in Class 12, but have an engineering degree, they are eligible to apply.|
|For Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 1st July 1997 only are eligible|
|For Indian Naval Academy (INA)|
|For Air Force Academy (AFA)||20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2016 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 01 July 1996 (Upper age limit for applicants holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1990 and not later than 01st July 1996) only are eligible|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July 1991 and not later than 01st July 1997 only are eligible|
|For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible|
- Candidates who are going to apply for the Combined Defense Services Examination I must have to pay Rs. 200 as application fee either by depositing money in any branch of SBI or by using Visa/ Master Credit / Debit Card.
- There is no fee for those applicants who belong to SC/ ST/ Females category.
Manner of Appointment:
Keen and Enthusiastic Applicants will have to go through written test and personal interview. Selection of talented contenders will be done on the basis of Written Exam followed by SSB Interview and documents verification, which will be conducting by the authority of Union Public Service Commission.
Written Examination Pattern
CDS (I & II) 2016 Written Exam for IMA, INA and AFA
|1||Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
CDS (I & II) 2016 Written Exam for OTA
|1||General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
Procedure to Apply For UPSC CDS:
- Interested candidates who are eligible, they must apply through online mode.
- First of all visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- After opening the home page go on “Online application for various examinations of UPSC” link.
- Follow link for ‘Combined Defence Services Examination (I)’.
- Here the link of Part I and Part II registration process will become visible.
- Complete Part I registration system and upload scanned photo and signature.
- After that make payment of application fee through proper manner.
- Then again revisit official website and proceed to Part II registration system.
- Enter Bank Transaction ID number and other details and press “Submit” button.
- Candidates should take the hard copy of dully filled application and keep it safely for further use.
Date to Remember:
|Event Name||Important Dates|
|CDS 2016 Exam 1st|
|Starting date of CDS online registration||7th November 2015|
|Last Date of Apply Online form||4th December 2015|
|Examination date||14th February 2016|
|CDS 2016 Exam 2nd|
|Starting date of CDS online registration||16th July 2016|
|Last Date of Apply Online form||12th August 2016|
|Examination date||23rd October 2016|
For more details about UPSC CDS, you may go through this Official Notification. We are shortly providing updated details in concern to UPSC CDS 2016, so stay connected with us and don’t miss any up to date information.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CDS Exam Question Paper||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|CDS Books / Study Material||CDS Coaching Centers|
|CDS Admit Card||CDS Answer Key|