Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is national level exam. This PG Level Entrance is conducted by IIT Bombay on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development. Latest CEED Syllabus 2020 comprising Topic Wise Details with Part A & B Exam Pattern has been provided here. Candidates, appearing in Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED 2020) are suggested to scroll down this page and check Updated CEED 2020 Syllabus.
CEED Entrance Exam 2020 Information
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED)|
|Conducting Authority||IIT Bombay on behalf of Government of India,|
Ministry of Human Resource Development
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|CEED Scores Validity||12 months (1 year)|
|Exam Duration||03 Hours|
|Helpline||Tel: 91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094|
Email ID: email@example.com
|CEED Online Registration Started||1st week of October 2019|
|The closing of CEED 2020 Registration||2nd week of November 2019|
|CEED Admit Card Date 2020||1st week of January 2020|
|CEED 2020 Exam Date||3rd week of January 2020|
|CEED 2020 Scorecard Date||1st week of March 2020|
CEED Syllabus 2020
CEED Exam Pattern 2020
- Exam will be conducted through online (CBT)
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours, 1 hour for part 1 and 2 hours for part 2.
- Part A carries a total of 100 marks.
- CEED contains 5 sections.
|NAT||10||1 – 10||30|
|MSQ||10||11 – 20||20|
|MCQ||25||21 – 45||50|
|Total||45||1 – 45||100|
|Discipline Specific Question||5||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
Download Here: CEED Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
CEED 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for CEED for Part A
Visualization And Spatial Ability:
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and/ or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
Environmental And Social Awareness:
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
- Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture and literature.
Analytical And Logical Reasoning:
- Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
START Now: Logical Reasoning Quiz
Language And Creativity:
- Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design Thinking And Problem Solving:
Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
Observation And Design Sensitivity:
- Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED 2020 Syllabus For Part B
|Topics||Details to be included in CEED syllabus|
|Drawing||Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality Composition, proportion, perspective, and shading in CEED Syllabus.|
|Creativity||Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.|
|Communication skills||Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals in CEED Syllabus|
|Analytical and problem solving skills||Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials Process and their appropriate 12 use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc|
More Links Related To CEED
|CEED Question Papers||CEED|
|CEED Preparation||CEED Notification|
|CEED Admit Card||CEED Cut Off|
CEED 2020 Updates
Around 6,423 candidates had registered for CEED 2018, while 5,507 had actually appeared in CEED exam on January 20, 2018. Out of these, 1,003 candidates have qualified CEED 2018.
There are a total of 200 seats, thus the only CEED qualification won’t guarantee you to give a seat. Approx. 7000 candidates are expected to be participated in CEED 2020. Number of seats will be managed as per the selected candidates for admission for Design.
Must Check: Negative Marking in Entrance Exam
CEED Entrance Exam 2020
CEED exam is conducted for admission to Master of Design programmes in the IITs. This exam is a common aptitude test conducted in two parts. Applicants who possess bachelor’s degree or relevant diploma are eligible to apply.
The objective of the Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem solving skills.
More Searches Related To CEED Syllabus
Something That You Should Put An Eye On