After qualifying Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2019, applicants have to appear for CLAT Counselling 2019 to take admission to the 19 National Law Universities (NLUs). CLAT Counselling 2019 procedure will be conducted through online mode.
Check CLAT Counselling 2019 Dates
CLAT Counseling 2019 will be commenced from second week of June 2019. In counselling seats will be allotted to student as per their rank. Check details of CLAT Seat Allocation and CLAT Counseling Schedule/ Dates from this web page.
CLAT Counseling Procedure
Common Law Admission Test is conducted once in a year by one of the 18 National Law Universities of India for screening of students for Law UG/ PG programmes. After completion of test followed by counseling, contenders will be allotted seats in NLUs.
In order to collect more details regarding CLAT Counselling 2019, you may go through this page till beneath section which is well designed by the team members of recruitmentresult.com.
CLAT 2019 Counselling Process:
CLAT counselling procedure 2019 consists of the following steps, so please have a look.
Step 1: Publication of first indicative list based on merit cum preference
Based on the favorite indicated by the aspirants the first indicative seat allotment list will be revealed on scheduled date.
Step 2: Pay the counselling fee and exercising of option by provisionally selected aspirants
- A particular number of aspirants from various categories based on merit cum preference will be allowed to participate in the counseling process against actual number of seats available with participating NLUs.
- Candidates are required to pay the counseling fee of Rs. 50,000/- through ‘Lock’ option or ‘Shifting’ option.
- The candidates failing to deposit the requisite counseling fee through website by the particular date will lose their right to be considered for admission and their names will be dropped from the CLAT-2019 counselling merit.
Check Now: Counselling Procedure in Details
Step 3: After payment of counselling fee and extra waitlisted candidates now the second list having the names of finalized candidates will publish.
- After payment of counseling fee and extra waitlisted candidates now the second list having the names of finalized candidates will publish.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released in the second list that is provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, if any.
- The provisionally selected candidates can withdraw from admission process up to the given dates. However, a fee of Rs. 10,000/- will be deducted from the deposited counseling fee.
Step 4: Publication of third list allotting seats to candidates
- The organization will publish a comprehensive third allotment list of candidates who have paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released along with the third allotment list that is provisionally selected against dropped out candidates.
- These candidates are also required to pay the requisite counselling fee of Rs. 50,000/- and reserve their seats.
Counselling Tips & Techniques – Check Here
Step 5: Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs
- After the completion of admission formalities candidates are required to bring relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by them and complete their admission formalities.
- The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of admission of candidates.
- All the candidates have to bring the original documents also for verification.
Step 6: Publication of fourth and final allotment list
- After completing of admission formalities like verification of original documents etc now the final allotment list will publish.
- The comprehensive list shall include the names of candidates who have paid the counseling fee against the first, second and third indicative list.
Step 7: Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs against fourth allotment list
- Candidates who find their name in the fourth allotment list will be required to approach the allotted NLU with the balance amount towards the admission and other fees
- The shifted aspirants have to report in NLU allotted to them against fourth list.
- The candidates will also have to carry relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by the candidates and complete their admission formalities.
- The candidates not possessing the required certificates/documents in original or failing to meet the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to seek admission in participating NLUs.
- In case of a waitlist candidate failing to get a seat in any of the NLUs due to non availability of vacancy, the entire amount of Rs. 50,000/- deposited by such candidate shall be refunded to them without any deduction.
Documents required for CLAT 2019 Counselling:
Students who are going to participate in CLAT 2019 Counselling are here by informed that they has to bring relevant documents and certificate in original with one set of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission process. List of testimonials that has to be brought at the time of counselling are as follows-
- CLAT counselling letter (Photostat and Original)
- CLAT Admit Card (Photocopy and Original)
- Community certificate (SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the approved power
- 10th & 12th class photocopy of certificates
- 4-6 Passport size Colour photographs
- Other relevant certificates
- Original degree/provisional certificate if applicants are appearing
Documents Required For Counseling – Check Here
CLAT Seat Allotment Options
When you are allotted seats, you can choose the following option as per your convenience
Lock: Though these option students can confirm the allotted university in each round of CLAT Counseling after the publication of allotted list.
Shifting/ Up-Gradation: This option is provided to those candidates who have participated in first round and not yet locked their seats. Candidates will be offered seats automatically against any vacancy arising in preferred NLU as perehis/ her choice or according to allotment list.
Withdrawal: Student appearing CLAT 2019 Counselling failed to deposit amount then he may lose the chances to get admission in NLUs. Students who wish to withdraw themselves from NLU admission process can use this option. If feespaid, then it will be transferred to his bank account after a deduction of Rs. 10,000/-.
CLAT 2019 Participating Institutes:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Ram ManoharLohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Check Now: Counselling Schedule Details
CLAT Counselling Schedule 2019 (Tentative):
|Publication of first list for CLAT counselling 2019||Second week of June 2019|
|Payment of fees for Round I||Second week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round I begins||Second week of June 2019|
|Payment of fees for CLAT Counselling Round I ends||Third week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round I ends||Third week of June 2019|
|Publication of revised results of CLAT 2019||Third week of June 2019|
|Publication of second list for CLAT counselling 2019||Third week of June 2019|
|Payment of fees for CLAT Counselling Round II begins||Third week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round II begins/ Exercising option for shifting seats begins||Third week of June 2019|
|Payment of fees for CLAT Counselling Round II ends||Third week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round II ends/ Exercising option for shifting seats ends||Third week of June 2019|
|Last date for withdrawal from counselling of CLAT (admission process)||Last week of June 2019|
|Publication of third list for CLAT counselling 2019||Last week of June 2019|
|Payment of fees for CLAT Counselling Round III begins||Last week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round III begins||Last week of June 2019|
|Payment of fees for CLAT Counselling Round III ends||Last week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round III ends||Last week of June 2019|
|Complete entire admission formalities by every candidate at the allotted NLUs||Last week of June 2019|
|Receiving status of admissions from participating NLUs in CLAT office||First week of July 2019|
|Closure of CLAT 2019 admission office||First week of July 2019|
Candidates may go through the Official Website to the organization also for more details about CLAT Counselling 2019 and remain in touch with us on our web portal to get latest updates regarding same.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CLAT Application Form||CLAT Syllabus|
|How To Prepare For CLAT||CLAT Answer Key|
|CLAT Hall Ticket||CLAT Results|
|CLAT Sample Papers||Top CLAT Coaching Institute|
|Law Entrance Exams||Top Colleges in India|