Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2020) is an online computer-based entrance test for admission in Management Courses. It is conducted by National Testing Agency from 2019. Let’s know about the major changes expected this year in CMAT by NTA such as Exam Date, Registration Process & Other from this page.
CMAT 2020 – What’s New
Last year, unexpectedly 64,582 candidates registered for CMAT. As per the information arrived, around 70000 candidates may appear for CMAT Entrance Exam 2020. CMAT 2019 was held in 183 test centers all over India and if the number of candidates will increase in 2020 then more test centers can be included also.
NTA Will Conduct CMAT from 2020!
The National Testing Agency is a body approved by the Union Cabinet. This agency is responsible for conducting the entrance examination at the national level. Earlier CBSE, AICTE conducted major entrance examinations. From now NTA has taken responsibility to organize CMAT Exam 2020.
Is There Any Change In CMAT Paper Also?
- Candidates have been confused whether there will be any changes in CMAT Exam Pattern 2020, Syllabus and Application Fee etc.
- The CMAT will continue to be an online entrance examination. Moreover, all the exams under NTA will conduct in online mode only.
- Usually, CMAT takes place in one day only. If the number of candidates is huge then it might be possible that the exam will conduct in a window of more than one day.
- CMAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern Will Remain Same.
- There are total 100 questions having 25 questions in each section.
You Can Also Check: Top MBA Colleges in India
|CMAT NTA Online Registration||1st week of November 2019|
|Image Correction||1st week of December 2019|
|Last Date for CMAT Online Registration||2nd week of December 2019|
|CMAT Admit Card Availability||1st week of January 2020|
|CMAT Exam Date||Last week of January 2020|
|CMAT Result Date||1st week of February 2020|
|CMAT Score card availability||2nd week of February 2020|
|Category||2019||Expected in 2020|
CMAT Test Statistics – Female Candidates
|Cat.||2019||Expected in 2020|
CMAT Test Statistics – Total Candidature
|Cat.||2019||Expected in 2020|
|Number of Student Securing 100 Percentile|
|Number of Student Securing 95+ Percentile|
|Highest Scored Marks|
Expected CMAT Percentile for 2020
|B – School||CMAT Percentile|
|GOA Institute of|
|Great Lakes Institute|
|Dept. Of Mgmt|
Sciences, University of Pune
|Welingkar Institute Of|
|Indian Institute of|
|NL Dalmiya Institute|
|Jaipuria Institute of|
|XISS Ranchi HR||80|
|ITM Navi Mumbai||80|
Of Management, Bangalore
Check Out: Ways to Get Education Loans for Students
- Applicants must be citizen of India for appearing in this exam.
- Candidates, who are interested to apply for CMAT Application Form, must have graduation degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Those contenders are appearing in final year of graduation whose result will be announced before the commencement of admission they are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit to appear in CMAT Exam.
Check Important Links Related To CMAT
Step1: CMAT Registration
- Logon to the official website of common management admission test that is ntacmat.nic.in
- Hit on “Information Bulletin” to read CMAT Notification 2020.
- Follow “Apply for CMAT 2020” link and follow registration process.
- New users need to enter the asked details in CMAT Registration Form.
- After filling details, press on “Submit” button and now you will generate unique 6 digit password.
- Candidates will view this password at screen and also receive via E-mail and SMS.
Step2: CMAT Login
- Registered users need to login in their ID.
- Hit on proceed option & you will be re-directed to the payment page.
Step3: CMAT Fee Payment
- Make payment through Cash deposition via Bank Challan, Debit Card/Credit Card or Net-banking.
- When your payment have done message will be send.
- Log-in again with your credentials, and proceed further to fill CMAT Application Form 2020.
Step4: Fill CMAT Application Form
- Fill asked details in the format of CMAT Online Application Form.
- Upload your passport size photograph, and signature as per need.
- Enter your educational details as required and press on Save and Next button.
- Then, you must hit on “Preview” option and then you have to press on submit option.
- Take a print out of application form for future need.
Press Here: NTA CMAT Official Website
CMAT 2020 Application Fee charged is exclusive of Service/Processing charges and GST:
- Male: Rs 1400/-
- Female: Rs. 700/-
- Transgender: Rs. 700/-
- Mode of Payment: Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or Net Banking/UPI/ E-wallet of various service providers through SBIMOPS.
For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In case of institutes run by Central Government,
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes|
belonging to the “Non
Creamy layer” (OBCNCL)
Each category will have 5% reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).
Check Out List Of: Top 10 Distance Learning MBA Colleges In India
- Duration: CMAT 2020 Exam duration will be three hours (180 minutes).
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Number of Question: There will be total 100 questions asked, 25 questions from each section.
- Type of Question: The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer (+4 marks).
- Negative marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
& Data Interpretation
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of|
Management Studies (JBIMS)
|Goa Institute of Management||Goa|
|K J Somaiya Institute of|
Management Studies &
|Prin LN Welingkar Institute of|
Management Development and Research
|Pune University Department|
of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)
|Xavier Institute of Social Service||Jharkhand|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||Chennai|
Start Now: Online Quiz for Competitive Exams
CMAT Syllabus will constitute of various topics from, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, General Awareness and Language Comprehension. Each section carries equal no. of questions so students can prepare for CMAT Exam 2020 through these topics.
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and|
Reading Comprehension for the CAT Paperback
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude|
for the CAT Paperback
|PSC for VA for CAT Paperback – 7 Jun 2016||How to Prepare for Data Interpretation|
for CAT Paperback – 31 Jul 2017
|Logical Reasoning||General Knowledge Books|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning|
for CAT Paperback
|Corporate Awareness Business GK for|
All MBA Entrances Paperback – 15 Jun 2009
|The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT 2019 Paperback – 2018|
|CMAT: Common Management Admission Test Paperback – 2012|
Do You Know: How To Find Online Study Material
Hall Ticket will be available on the official website for those candidates, who have successfully registered for entrance exam. CMAT Admit Card will send on their registered email address. Participating candidates may download their CMAT 2020 Admit Card till the day before the test by entering their login credentials.
Read Out Here: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
According to year’s trend, CMAT Score Card will be available in the form of Merit List. On the basis of CMAT Result candidates are likely to be shortlisted and called in for further admission process.
Along with the CMAT Results, organization will release CMAT Merit List. It will contain candidate’s name, rank scored and the sectional and overall marks obtained in the national level exam.
- Sectional CMAT Score in Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation shall be first considered. Whoever scores more percentile in this section will get priority over the other candidate
- If the above is not valid, then the sectional score in Logical Reasoning shall be considered.
- If the second one is not valid, the Language Comprehension sectional score shall be considered
- If all of the above is not valid, score in the General Awareness section shall be considered.
Know Complete Details On: MBA Entrance Exams
CMAT Cut Off will decide that which candidate is likely to move into the next round of selection. It contains minimum marks candidates are required to score in order to obtain admission into the participating institutes across India.
Procedure After CMAT Result
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
The CMAT Counselling shall be conducted after all the rounds for admissions to the colleges based on their performance in these rounds. In the counselling, the student has to submit some documents to the admitting authority. They also might need to submit some fees as well at the time of counselling.
Must Check: Counselling Tips & Techniques
FAQ’s Related CMAT
Question1: How the CMAT Score will be valid for taking admission in various institutions?
Step1: The Result of CMAT as CMAT Score which will be accepted by over 1000 participating institutes.
Step2: The participating institutes of CMAT are the institutions which will be accepting the CMAT Score.
Step3: Candidates must apply separately to each of the CMAT Participating Institutes with the CMAT Score.
Step4: Then, each participating institute will release their respective cut – off CMAT Score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
Step5: Once qualified, the candidates will have to appear for selection procedure of that particular institute which may comprise of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
Step6: The final selection of the candidates will be on the basis of the candidate’s performance based on above.
Question2: Is There Any Negative Marking In The CMAT?
Answer: Yes there is a negative marking in CMAT. For each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted.
Question3: Is There Any Helpline For CMAT Examination For The Aspirants?
- Details are available on website- www.ntacmat.nic.in in “Contact us” menu.
- The Helpline No.-7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Question4: If Any Candidate Faces Any Problem In Remittance Of Fee Due To Failed Transaction, What Can He/She Do?
If the payment status of online transaction (by credit/debit card) is not communicated by payment gateway in real time then fee payment is not completed and the candidate will not be able to download the Confirmation page.
In this case, the candidate is required to pay fee again through online mode and download the Confirmation page. The amount due to failed transaction of credit/debit card will be refunded back within 15 days after last date for filling online application.
Hit this Official Link to get complete details regarding CMAT 2020. Yu can also follow us on Facebook and Google+ to get latest updates.