CA CPT Syllabus 2019
Common proficiency test is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course. So candidates who are going to participate for exam, check complete updated ICAI CA CPT Syllabus 2019 from here for better preparation
Download CA CPT Syllabus PDF Free
ICAI Common Proficiency Test Syllabus PDF is prescribed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Students should be familiarize with each and every topic of CA CPT Syllabus 2019 to score best possible marks
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India organizes CA CPT Exam on 16-12-2018 to test the ability of students regarding Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. Students can download CA CPT Syllabus PDF free through online mode from official site.
Latest CA CPT 2019 Syllabus
Common Proficiency Test will be conducted in two sessions first in Morning at 10.00 A.M. And second in Evening at 1.30 P.M at the various exam centers in both English/ Hindi Medium.
We the team of recruitmentresult.com has provided latest updated CA CPT Syllabus 2019 CA CPT Entrance Exam Syllabus on this, wondering contender must go through the beneath section of this page to check all important topics of exam.
Download Free From Here: CA CPT Sample Papers
CA CPT Syllabus
Detailed ICAI Chartered Accountant CPT Syllabus is available here!!! Students participating in the Common Proficiency Test may refer CA CPT Exam Syllabus for immense preparation
|Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting|
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process- Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors, include rectifications thereof.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Inventories- Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
- Depreciation accounting- Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.
- Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
- Accounting for Special Transactions- Consignments, Joint Ventures, Bills of exchange and promissory notes, Sale of goods on approval or return basis
- Partnership Accounts- Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
- Introduction to Company Accounts- Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares.
|Section B: Mercantile Law|
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872- An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract , consideration , other essential elements of a valid contract , performance of contract and breach of contract.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930- Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
- The India Partnership Act, 1932- General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm.
Read Also: How to Become a Chartered Accountant
|Section C: General Economics|
- Introduction to Micro Economics- Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study, Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply- Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity, Theory of consumer ’s behaviour – Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply.
- Theory of Production and Cost- Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of Production – The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale, Concepts of Costs – Short-run and long-run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
- Price Determination in Different Markets- Various forms of markets – Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly, Price determination in these markets.
|Indian Economic Development-|
- Indian Economy – A Profile- Nature of the Indian Economy, Role of different sectors – Agriculture, Industry and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth, National Income of India – Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans, Basic understanding of tax system of India – Direct and Indirect Taxation.
- Select Aspects of Indian Economy- Population – Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth, Poverty – Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation, Unemployment – Types, causes and incidence of unemployment, Infrastructure Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education, Inflation, Budget and Fiscal deficits, Balance of payments, External debts.
- Economic Reforms in India- Features of economic reforms since 1991, Liberalization, Privatization and Disinvestment, Globalization
- Money and Banking- Money – Meaning and functions, Commercial Banks – Role and functions, Reserve Bank of India – Role and functions, Monetary policy, Money – Meaning and functions
|Section D: Quantitative Aptitude|
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
- Equations- Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
- Inequalities- Graphs of inequalities in two variables common region.
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity, Applications
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Sets, Functions and Relations
- Limits and Continuity, Intuitive Approach
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
- Statistical description of data- Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency Distribution, Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion- Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
- Correlation and Regression
- Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
- Theoretical Distributions- Biomial, Poisson and Normal.
- Sampling Theory- Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample survey , Some important terms associated with sampling , Types of sampling , Theory of estimation , Determination of sample size .
- Index Numbers- Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency Distribution, Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
You May Read Here: CA CPT Question Paper
CA CPT Exam Pattern 2019:
- CA CPT Exam will be conducted in 4 parts i.e. Part 1 – Fundamentals of Accounting and Mercantile Laws, Part 2 – Mercantile Laws, Part 3 – General Economics and Part 4 – Quantitative Aptitude.
- Exam will be conducted through Offline mode (Pencil Paper Mode)
- Medium of exam is English OR Hindi
- The question paper carries 200 objective type questions for a total of 200 marks
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the maximum obtained.
|Session I|| |
|Section A||Fundamentals of Accounting||40|
|Section B||Mercantile Laws||60|
|Session II|| |
|Section C||General Economics||50|
|Section D||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
Check Changes In: CA CPT Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test Exam Date 2018
The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is going to conduct Common Proficiency Test 2018 on 16-12-2018 (Sunday) in two sessions as described below-
|First Session (i.e. Morning Session)||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)||10.00 A.M. (IST)|
Second Session (i.e. Afternoon Session)
|2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)||1.30 P.M. (IST)|
Check Now: Best CA Coaching Classes
You may open this Official Link to get more details regarding CA CPT Syllabus 2019 and keep continue on our web portal to get latest updates regarding CPT Common Proficiency Test Syllabus.
Applicants may subscribe our free e-mail service to collect updated details regarding Common Proficiency Test Syllabus directly into your mailbox. You can get more information related to CA Exam Syllabus directly in your by following us on Facebook and Google plus. For your convenient you can also bookmark our web portal and get most recent updates regarding CA Syllabus.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On