GATE Exam Pattern
Check Out The New Marking Scheme Right Here!!! In All GATE Papers, there are a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks so students preparing for GATE Exam, are advised to get the GATE Exam Pattern from this page. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India examination which is conducted for the admission in various post-graduate education programs. Candidates who are willing to take admission through GATE they can check the GATE Exam Pattern 2017 and GATE Paper Structure through this page.
Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering exam is a computer based test (CBT) and it is an all India test conducted for testing the aptitude and core subject knowledge of the candidates in applied courses’ subjects. Examination Pattern contains two different type of question like multiple choice question (MCQ) and numerical answer questions. For more details about GATE Paper Pattern, you may go through this page which is organized by team of recruitmentresult.com.
GATE Exam Pattern
GATE 2017 paper patterns consists two different types of questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Numerical Answer Questions
|Sr. No.||Topics To Be Covered||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Attention Please: Technical Questions will be based on stream you selected as shown in below stated table, have a look…
|Sr. No.||GATE 2017 Paper||Code|
|6||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|7||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|14||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|15||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|18||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|20||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|21||Geology and Geophysics:|
In addition to General Ability, the Question Paper will have Part A common & compulsory for all candidates with 25 questions of 1 mark
Part B has Section 1 (Geology) and Section 2 (Geo-physics). Candidates can answer any one section
30 questions for 2 marks each
|All papers except GG, XE and XL have a common marking system|
GATE Syllabus:- Get Details
What is New in GATE 2017:
- The GATE Scores validity has been valid from 2 years to 3 years.
- All aspirants would have to be made online on GATE Online Application Processing System website.
- There is no need to submit any Hard Copy.
- GATE 2017 Examination Fees are to be made through SBI I-collect, Axis Bank I-Connect, e-challan facilities or debit cards /credit cards / net banking.
Explaining GATE Exam Pattern for XE and XL Papers:
Read Also:- Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
Types of Questions in GATE 2017:
|Multiple Choice Questions||Numerical Questions|
|These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.||These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.|
|They are objective in nature with a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).||The answer for these questions is a real number|
|These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.||There will be no choices given for these questions|
|Candidates must key in the answer using the virtual keypad (The keyboard of the computer will be disabled).|
How To Find Online Study Material:- Check Here
GATE New Marking Scheme:
General Aptitude (GA) Questions:
- This is a mandatory section for all papers.
- The GA section includes 5 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 5 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 10 marks).
- The GA questions carry a total of 15 marks
For Numerical Questions:
There is no negative marking for Numerical questions
For Multiple Choice Questions:
- There will be negative marking.
- For 1-mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For 2-mark questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
Have A Look On This Useful Section Of GATE
Do You Know Who Conduct GATE Exam?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted mutually by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology that is: (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board: GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. Now this year, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is organized by IIT, Roorkee.
You May Also Read This:- Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
Design of Questions in the GATE 2017 Paper:
The questions are designed to examine the following abilities of a contender:
- Recall: Based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline of the paper
- Comprehension: These questions will test the candidate’s understanding of the basics of his/her field
- Application: Candidate is expected to apply his knowledge either through computation or by logical reasoning
- Analysis and synthesis: Candidate have to present with data, diagrams, images etc. that require analysis before a question can be answered.