Those candidates have decided to appear in GATE Exam for the purpose of taking admission in Post Graduate Courses in the field of engineering and technology, they should have complete knowledge about GATE Exam 2018 Notification. Through the direct official link, you may check GATE New Brochure. For appearing in GATE Exam 2018, candidates have to fill GATE Application Form through Online Mode. The Joint Committee Of IIT’s and IISc is going to organize GATE Exam 2018 on February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018. So, those candidates are meeting GATE Eligibility Criteria, they can apply for GATE 2018 Notification by filling GATE Exam Application Form through visiting gate.iitg.ac.in. Candidates must submit it on or before the last date of GATE Registration that is 05-10-2017 (Thursday).
Highlights Of This Page:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India test conducted for testing the aptitude and core subject knowledge of the candidates in applied courses’ subjects. Those applicants who are studying in final year or passed engineering or Master of Science courses are also eligible to sit in the GATE 2018 exam. Contenders can get further details regarding GATE Exam Notifications from this page which are well mentioned below by the team of recruitmentresult.com. Must have a glance…
|Institute Name||IIT’s and IISc|
|Announcement Type||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Starting Date To Apply Online||01-09-2017|
|Last Date For GATE Exam Apply Online||05-10-2017|
Candidates may get admission in following disciplines, as shown below:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Eligibility:
- Students should have done BE / B.Tech / B. Arch / M.Sc or its equivalent from recognized university.
- Candidate in final year of their respective degree courses can also apply.
You Can Also Check:- GATE Eligibility Criteria
GATE Exam Age Limit:
Candidate’s minimum age should 18 years and maximum age criteria will be decided as per norms of institute.
GATE Application Fee:
- For General / OBC (Male Candidates): Rs. 1500/-
- For Women / SC / ST / PWD Category: Rs. 750/-
- For GATE International candidates: US Dollars 50
Mode of Payment:
Fee should be paid either through e-challan or through net banking / Credit Card / Debit Card facilities.
Do You Know: How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
Aspirants’ selection for any one of applying courses will be based on their qualifying marks in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 followed by other process of admission.
GATE Examination Pattern
|Section of Exam||Question|
|Total No. of|
|Marks for each Correct|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics:|
|Numeric Answer Type Questions: 25 to 40 marks|
Must Go Through These Articles:
Points To Be Noted:
Contestants, who are going to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, must check Gate Examination Syllabus / GATE exam pattern to know about the no. of questions, marking schemes, important section in GATE 2018 question paper.
GATE Exam Negative Marking Details:
|Type of Questions||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark||0.33|
|Numerical Answer Questions||1 mark||Nil|
GATE Papers & Its Respective Codes:
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Geology and Geophysics||CG|
GATE Exam Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their Admit card through official portal that is gate.iitr.ernet.in from 5th January 2018. No Hall Ticket will be sent through post/ email.
- Candidates should bring Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Admit Card original and valid photo identification photocopy / scanned copy/ invalid or expired identification.
GATE 2018 Results:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Result will be available on March 17, 2018 on official site of organization.
- Score card may be may be made available on payment basis to Government organizations.
- After downloading result candidates can download their score card.
Check Details On: GATE Results
It is the online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations and it will be provided during online examination. No physical calculator will be allowed in the examination hall and students have to use it for solving Numerical Answer Type Questions.
What is the process to fill GATE Application Form:
Step 1: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- Applicants can go for GOAPS Registration through online mode visiting by the official website of organization that is www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
- From the homepage, you have to choose “Brochure” link which is shown at the right side of the homepage under “Quick Links” section.
- Now, from the opened pdf, read the complete information carefully.
- After reading the notification, candidates need to select suitable link for online Gate Registration.
- Now, you must enter personal mobile number and e-mail address for doing complete communication through it.
Check Here Details On: GATE 2018 Registration
GOAPS Enrollment ID & Password:
- After registration, all candidates have GOAPS Enrollment ID
- You will be done all future communication about the exam, through GOAPS Enrollment ID.
- Candidates are able to receive communication from the Offices on this email address.
- During Enrollment at GOAPS, candidates need to choose a password
- When you are entering through GOAPS Login, you need to write this GOAPS password and Enrolment ID.
Must Check Detailed: GATE Notification
Process 2: Filling in GATE 2018 Application:
Essential info for Filling GATE Online Application Form:
- Personal information like name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc
- Address for Communication with PIN code
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or
- Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (in the format specified in Appendix A)
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
Process to fill application form:
- Now, Gate Login and GATE Application Form will be displayed on your computer screen.
- Then, fill the asked details and proceed for payment.
- After that, fill the GATE Application Form with complete details in correct manner.
- After filling the form, candidates have to upload any one of the following Identity Documents such as Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID & Driving License.
- For international candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted.
- Candidates need to have the following certificates such as Category (SC/ST) Certificate, Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate and Dyslexic Certificate.
Check Here: Documents Required For GATE Application
Photograph and Signature Requirements:
- Appliers must upload a Photograph of 3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height.
- The photograph must be in COLOR and taken after 01 August 2017 in a professional studio.
- Maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel). Minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels.
- Background of the photograph must be white or a light color.
- Sign in the rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on an A4 white paper.
- The signature with all CAPITAL LETTERS or in any other color (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- Max size is 160×560 in pixels and Min size is 80×280 in pixels.
Process 3: Application Scrutiny and Rectification
- After submission, candidates get any mistake in their GATE Application Form, and then they can rectify filled details.
- The status of the application and defects identified in the application will be intimated to the candidates by an e-mail and/or SMS.
- The status of application form can be verified anytime by logging into GOAPS.
- Application Form Correction contains Name of Candidate, DOB, Name of Parent/Guardian, Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General, Year of Qualifying Degree etc.
Check Here Steps For: GATE 2018 Login
Application Form Correction:
Corrections / Modifications in application form will be granted in following fields only:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
Check PDF OF >>> GATE Exam 2018 Notification
Dates To Be Remember:
|Commencement Of Online Registration||01-09-2017 (Friday)|
|Gate Last Date For Online Registration||05-10-2017 (Thursday)|
|Last Date For Request For Change In The Choice Of Exam City||17-11-2017 (Friday)|
|Availability Of Online Admit Card||05-01-2018 (Friday)|
|GATE Exam Date||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Result Declaration||17-03-2018 (Saturday)|
Must Read It, Vital Information:
- IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and seven IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly conduct the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Operations related to GATE in each of eight zones are administered by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. Organizing Institute is responsible for end-to-end process and coordination amongst controlling Institutes.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering score card is used for admission to Post Graduate programs in field of Engineering. GATE Score card is helpful for taking admission in Indian Institute of Science, IITs and other government and private institution situated across the country and it is also used by private and Public sector companies for screening candidates for employment purposes.
Check Now: Top 50 Engineering Colleges In India
For more detail or any query about GATE Exam 2018, you may please check this Gate Official Website. Candidates may get up to date information on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 by bookmark this page using Control+D so you may keep continue on our web portal.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|GATE Exam Pattern||GATE Cut Off|
|GATE Score Card||GATE Syllabus|
|GATE Answer Key||GATE Admit Card|