Candidates, who are decided to get Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) through GATE Exam which is conducted by the joint committee of IIT’s and IISc, can fetch the information about GATE Exam 2017 from this page. Eligible aspirants, who want to apply, they can fill the GATE online Application form 2017 against this notification on or before the last date of Registration. Contestants may get more information about GATE Exam 2017 such as Important dates and Application Fees etc from the below section of this page.
|Announcement Type||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Starting Date To Apply Online||September 2016|
|Last Date To Apply Online||October 2016|
Contenders can get further details regarding GATE Exam notifications like eligibility criteria, application fee, and how to apply etc which are well mentioned below by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
It is an all India test conducted for testing the aptitude and core subject knowledge of the candidates in applied courses’ subjects. Those applicants who are studying in final year or passed engineering or Master of Science courses, are eligible to sit in the GATE 2017 exam which is organized by joint committee of IIT’s and IISc.
- IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and seven IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly manage conduct of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Operations related to GATE in each of eight zones are administered by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. Organizing Institute is responsible for end-to-end process and coordination amongst controlling Institutes.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering score card is used for admission to Post Graduate programs in field of Engineering. Score card is helpful to taking admission in Indian Institute of Science, IITs and other government and private institution situated across the country and it is also used by private and Public sector companies for screening candidates for employment purposes.
Students should have done BE / B.Tech / B. Arch / M.Sc or its equivalent are eligible to apply for the test. Candidate in final year of their respective degree courses can also apply.
Check Here:- GATE Eligibility Criteria
- For General / OBC (Male Candidates): Rs. 1500/-
- For Women / SC / ST / PWD Category: Rs. 750/-
Mode of Payment:
Fee should be paid either through e-challan or through net banking / Credit Card / Debit Card facilities.
Have A Look On this Useful Section
|GATE Syllabus||GATE Cut Off|
|GATE Score Card||How To Prepare For GATE|
|Gate Question Papers||GATE Coaching Centres|
|Gate Study Material||How To Find Online Study Material|
Aspirants’ selection for any one of applying courses will be based on their qualifying marks in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering followed by other process of admission.
Contestants, who are going to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, must check Gate Examination Syllabus / GATE exam pattern to know about the no. of questions, marking schemes, important section in GATE 2017 question paper.
Examination contains two different types of questions that is Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Questions. From below section, you can fetch examination pattern ion tabular format, please have a look:
|Sr. No.||Topics To Be Covered||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GATE Exam Pattern:- Get Details
How to Apply For GATE Exam?
- Aspirants, who are willing to apply firstly, log on to official website which is www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.
- Then read information brochure properly before filling online form.
- Fill all mandatory details in online application form
- Upload scanned passport size photograph in proper size and signature and other relevant documents and submit it
- Finally, make payment for application fee to complete registration process.
Read This:- Procedure to Fill Online Application Form
Dates To Be Remember
|Commencement Of Online Registration||September 2016|
|Last Date For Online Registration||October 2016|
|Last Date For Request For Change In The Choice Of Exam City||November 2016|
|Availability Of Online Admit Card||December 2016|
|Examination Dates||January 2017|
|Result Declaration||March 2017|
For more detail or any query about GATE Exam, you may please check this Official Link. Candidates may get up to date information on Gate Exam 2017 by bookmark this page using Control+D so you may keep continue on our web portal.