GATE Notification has been released for candidates who are willing to get admission in (M.Tech / Ph.D.) in IITs, IISc and various other Institutes / Universities / Laboratories in India. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a nationalized test which is organized by IISc Bangalore between first and second week of February 2017. Students seeking to get admitted for this engineering and science aptitude test may apply for GATE Notification 2017, by filling the online application as available on official website. Candidates need to fill application form on or prior to last date.
Candidates may attain further additional facts about Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering through this page which are well uttered below by the team of recruitmentresult.com. Aspirants willing to fetch entire minute details regarding the same must follow the official site and comprehend complete details as provided in the available Brochure.
|Qualifying Examination||Details of Qualifying Examination / Degree||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|BE. / BTech. / B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology and those who are in the final year of such programs||Appearing in the final year or completed||2017|
|B. Arch||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture|
|B.Sc. (Research) / B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma / 4 years after 10+2)|
|M. Sc. / M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the stream Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent|
|Int. M.E. / M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Appearing in the 2nd / 3rd / 4th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology||Appearing in the 4th / 5th year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc / Int. B.S.- M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.- M.S. program||Appearing in the 4th year or completed||2017|
|Professional Society Examination s (equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. /B.Arch.)||B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD / UPSC / AICTE.||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||-|
You Can Check:- GATE Eligibility Criteria
Application Payment to be made:
- For General and OBC Male Candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- For Women Candidates: Rs.750/-
- For SC / ST / PD Candidates: Rs.750/-
Mode of Payment:
Payment of application will be made via online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
Must Read : How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
GATE 2017 Syllabus:
Syllabus for each of the papers is given separately. Syllabus for common paper namely the General Aptitude is also given separately. Candidates must download the new GATE 2017 Syllabus pertaining for paper they are appearing for. GATE 2017 Syllabus comprises of the topics needed to be studied by candidates. Syllabus is available for all the 23 papers.
GATE Syllabus:- Get Details
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern:
It is very essential for every individual to know about the exam pattern of GATE 2017 for preparation of exam. This enables candidates to plan their study routine as per the correct pattern and ensure the best for themselves.
Check Here: GATE Exam Pattern
Duration of Exam: 3 hours
Types of Questions:
65 Multiple Choice Numerical Questions and numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions will be asked by the candidates in the exam, Out of which, 10 questions will be asked from the general aptitude section and carry 15 marks. A rough book will be given for calculations.
Check This Useful Section of GATE
Marking Scheme for GATE 2017:
- Questions in the exam will mainly consist of 1 or 2 marks and total marks are 100.
- Negative marking will exist only for multiple choice questions.
- Penalty of 1/3 marks will be made for every wrong answer for 1 mark question and penalty of 2/3 marks will be made for every wrong answer for 2 mark questions.
GATE Exam Sections:
Section of General Aptitude is compulsory for all papers and it will be of 15 marks.
For Papers with codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE:
Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
For Papers with codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL:
General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
Read This: How To Find Online Study Material
- About 211 cities have been listed as the cities where the GATE 2017 exam will be held. The exam will be held in more than 680 test centers that will be made available to candidates across 26 states and union territories of the country.
- All the Graduate Aptitude Test Centers will be listed under each prescribed zone and managed by the respective GATE 2017 Zonal Centre.
Must Check: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
How to fill GATE Online Application Form 2017:
- Willing and eligible candidates need to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering through online mode by filling the application form in prescribed manner.
- After that candidate’s thumb impression needs to be uploaded during the application procedure.
- Aspirants having qualifying degree need to upload the scanned image of degree completion certificate or final year / semester mark sheet.
- Those who are studying in final year of their qualifying degree need to upload scanned image of third year (fifth/sixth semester) mark sheet, as proof of eligibility criterion. Similarly this applies to candidates of AMIE, AMICE and other similar programs.
- Now, there is no restriction on second choice examination city to be in the same zone as first choice city. It can be anywhere in India.
- Then, candidates need to pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries / problems.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE Score Card.
Read More: Procedure To Fill Online Form
Event Calendar for GATE 2017:
|GATE 2017 Online Examination Dates||February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 4, 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 16, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 5, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 27, 2017 (Monday)|
See Related Links:
To attain more detailed facts regarding GATE Notification 2017, you can go through this Official Link. Candidates may also bookmark this page by pressing CNTRL+D for getting instant access to this page.