Group Discussion is a methodology that is based on evaluating the personality of different candidates through their individual ideas with respect to suggested topic. Candidates must have a complete knowledge of Group Discussion: Dos and Don’ts who dream to be a part of leading Organizations.
Below are the dos and don’ts that you should remember while you have to participate in a Group Discussion and are of great help to you to prove yourself as a useful asset of an Organization.
Group Discussion: Do’s and Don’ts
The Don’ts in Group Discussion:
- Don’t be nervous, shy or emotional.
- Don’t try to trick as the pane. They will easily figure out that.
- Don’t allow the criticism bother you.
- Don’t be playful, keep yourself to the point.
- Don’t criticize other members.
- Don’t use foul language or slang, like yaar, princy, shit etc.
- Don’t lose your temper or calmness.
- Don’t ridicule or make fun of any of the members.
- Don’t impose yourself or your arguments on others.
- Don’t interrupt a participant, unless he finishes his speaking.
The Do’s in Group Discussion: Tips for Interview
- Speak to the point and address the group as a whole.
- Be logical while reasoning.
- Be assertive while putting your views.
- Listen to others attentively.
- Motivate others to speak.
- Keep calm and polite.
- Be positive and provide full contribution to the entire discussion.
- Use body language to the maximum.
- Speak in clear terms.
- Maintain a cordial atmosphere and coordinate the efforts of all, in order to reach the concluding goal.
In group discussion, candidates need to talk effectively so that they are able to convince others. For convincing, one has to speak forcefully, logically and at the same time create an impact by his knowledge on the evaluator. A candidate who is successful in grabbing the attention of the audience creates a positive impact.
It’s necessary that you should be precise and clear. An evaluator does not look for the words used by you. Your knowledge on a given subject, your clarity of thoughts and your way of presentation, are the things that are evaluated. You should speak as much as necessary, neither more nor less and to the point. Group discussions are not debating stages.
Note: You can post your query in the comment box below. We will provide answers to your queries as soon as possible.
You May Also Have A Look on…!!!