How To Become A Forest Ranger
There are few professions like engineering, medical and teaching which gets respect and importance in India. For the youngsters, to become a forest ranger is also good option and we actually need it. But the question is How to Become a Forest Ranger, so here we are providing some education requirements & Salay Details that are necessary please have a look..!!
How To Become A Forest Ranger
Forest Ranger Job Description
The main Job responsibility of the forest ranger is to helping conquer forest fires, educating the public about forest safety. They controlled the wild animals, patrolling the area, and maintained the environment.
|Education Requirements||Associate’s Degree Plus Professional Experience Or Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Growth||-2% For Forest And Conservation Technicians; +9-13% For Forest Fire Inspectors And Prevention Specialists|
|Salary Details||Rs. 16,000 To Rs. 80,000/- For Forest And Conservation Technicians.|
|Selection Procedure||Written Examination, Physical Test And Interview|
How To Become A Forest Ranger In India?
To be a forest ranger, you should be eligible to apply for the Forest ranger exam which is conducted by the State Public Service Commission. To perform the duty, forest ranger needs some commitment towards the natural environment where they served.
In the below section of this page which is created by team of recruitmentresult.com, you will get the complete details about How to Become a Forest Ranger. You just need to scroll down this page.
Check Here: Best Short Term Courses Career after 12th
Education Requirements to be a Forest Ranger:
- Candidates should complete their degree in natural sciences, pure mathematics, geology, statistics, mechanical/civil/chemical engineering or agriculture.
- Their age limit should not be more than 30 years and those candidates who belong to SC/ST category will get 05 years age relaxation.
Check Now: Jobs As Per Your Qualification
Forest Ranger Selection Procedure:
After applying for the forest Ranger Vacancies, you should go through the forest ranger exam. Those, who will qualify the exam, will be called for the personal Interview that will organize by the State Public Service Commission. Aspirants can check the exam pattern from the below table:
Forest Ranger Exam Pattern:
|General Knowledge||50||100||2.30 hr|
|General English||50||100||2.30 hr|
Candidates need to qualify the physical test after the written examination. The criteria of the physical test is mentioned below table, please have a look..!!
|Gender||Height(in centimeters)||Chest Girth(in centimeters)|
Go Through This Article: Techniques To Prepare for Written Exam
Important Duties performed by Forest Ranger in India:
- Rangers are generally the first responders to natural or many manmade threats to forest areas. Their work is to help out toward forest fires and rescue missions. They might also work to prevent harm by patrolling forest areas.
- Other duties can also consist of ensuring that those are in agreement with state laws regarding hunting, fishing and camping as these all are impose state laws.
- Another part of all rangers is that their job revolves in the order of enlightening the community. Only those who love outside and enjoy with the lives in a forest can only enjoy the profession.
- Rangers are called to speak with groups of adults and public to instruct that how to get pleasure from the forest with no harming it.
Check Now: Ways to Get Education Loans for Students
What Does a Forest Ranger Do?
There are many responsibilities they have to complete. Planting seedlings and other activities is a part of their work. Here we have mentioned some working area that has done by the forest ranger. Please have a look..!!
- Monitoring seedling growth and inspecting tree stands for signs of pests and disease
- Spraying or injecting pesticides to protect trees and shrubs
- Counting numbers of trees examined during forest inventories
- Removing diseased trees with hand or power equipment
- Loading cut trees onto trucks
- Operating skidders and trucks
- Preventing fires through construction of fire lines
- Fighting forest fires
- Improving trails
- Conducting informational and educational programs
- Participating in search and rescue missions
- Maintaining and repairing agency vehicles
- Collecting GPS data with handheld global positioning systems (GPS) devices
Read Also: How to Choose Right Career
Key Points In The Procedure:
- Complete the 12 years of Schooling.
- Pursue a Bachelors’ Degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related areas.
- Assure the physical standards of fitness.
- Apply for the Forest Rangers’ Exam
- Clear the written test and an individual interview
Forest Ranger Salary in India:
The pay scale of the forest ranger will be different as per the locations. But still their salary will be in between Rs.16,000 per month as a junior to Rs. 80,000 per month as a senior on topmost level. For the middle post of seniority, salary will be in between from Rs. 40,000 per month to Rs. 50,000 per month and other salary perks are attached with it to a person who has a long time of experience.
Want to Know? Top 10 Job Oriented Courses
Forest rangers are officers who protect the public jungle and also keep the public safe from the fear within the Jungle. To protect the Jungle and animals from the wild fire is also a part of their duty. For this work, government provides satisfied salary in India which explained above.
We have given complete information How to Become a Forest Ranger on this page; you can also bookmark this page if you are satisfied with the information.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On