How to Become a Govt Teacher inIndia
Of all the professions on earth teaching is undoubtedly one of the gentlest one. There are many people who aspire of becoming a govt teacher and start to prepare themselves from an early stage. But somehow a question arises that, How to Become a Govt Teacher in India. Some of us think about Teacher Training Courses & Careers.
While all other jobs are losing their weight due to stumbling economy, the teaching profession has largely been able to retain its appeal. Nowadays, govt teachers are highly paid as well as respected by the society, thus making this profession your career will be the most beneficial decision.
HOW TO BECOME A GOVT TEACHER IN INDIA
Procedure to Be a Govt Teacher in India
There are some steps to start a procedure of becoming a govt teacher in India. Following those steps can take you till the govt job teacher in India. Let’s have a look on them:
- The first step towards becoming a teacher is to check the requirement of teachers in the state the applicant wants to apply for. It is obvious that all states do not have the same requirement at any given time and so it is better to apply where largest number of vacancies is available. However, some states may not allow teachers from other states but it is possible to earn an out-of-state license through Interstate Certification Reciprocity.
- Second, going through the proper training course is absolutely necessary if one has to become a teacher. It is to be kept in mind that a special degree in Education apart from normal graduation degree can be helpful in this profession.
- The next step is to sit for the teacher’s examination. Almost every state has its own teacher’s examination as a part of the recruiting process. The knowledge as well as the candidate’s approach towards the profession is judged through these examinations.
- Once an applicant passes this examination it is important to obtain a certificate from an assigned authority. Authorities generally tend to ask for this certificate in order to be sure of the candidate’s authenticity.
- Lastly, with all the tools ready, the candidate can start searching for a teaching job. It is better to apply in the nearby schools at first and then move to some other places.
Also Check- Successful Career Development Tips
Teacher Training Courses & Careers
If you are interested in adopting the profession of teaching, you have to pursue teaching courses degree, clear teacher’s eligibility or aptitude test. There are many courses which can be pursued directly after your senior education but some of them need at least bachelor’s degree. In India teaching training courses are available in different formats, they are mentioned below:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
Let’s have a look on well-known teaching which are easily available in India.
- BA + B.Ed. Integrated Course
BA stands for Bachelor of Arts, it is a bachelor’s degree and B.ED stands for Bachelor of Education, it is a postgraduate course. Government has decided to introduce such combined programs due to shortage of teachers in India.
Duration of this course is 4 years. This course is divided into 4 academic years. Academic requirement for this course includes 10+2 passed in any stream with English (50% minimum aggregate marks). D.Ed. (diploma) holding candidates will get admission directly in the second year of this integrated program.
Check Here- More B.ED Jobs
- B.Sc. + B.Ed. Integrated Course
The process was like that, candidates had to go for B.Sc. and B.Ed. separately, but now many institutes and colleges had introduced an integrated program of B.Sc. + B.Ed. under this one can choose any subject of his/her choice and obtain this degree.
Course duration is 4 years. Qualification required for this course is 10+2 passed in science stream with minimum 50% of marks. D.Ed.holding candidates will get admission directly in the second academic year of the integrated program.
Get More- Government Jobs by Qualification
Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EL.ED) is a training program for elementary teachers, which is introduced to train students to make them capable to play a role of primary teachers. Eligibility for this is 10+2 passed in any stream with 50% of minimum marks (this may vary from institute to institute).
Course duration for this program is 4 years. As this program is the combination of theory and practicum courses, so, theory part consists of 3 years and 1 year is for practicum courses.
Also get- Ways to Develop Your Potential
D.EL.ED stands for diploma in elementary education. It provides training diploma certificate to elementary teachers. Duration for this program is 2 years. Academic requirements for this program are10+2 passed in any stream with minimum 50% of marks. Minimum criteria may vary from institute to institute.
Some similar Diploma certificate teacher’s training programs are-
- BTC (Basic Training Certificate)
- PTC (Primary Teachers Certificate)
- ETE (Elementary Teacher Education)
- NTT (Nursery Teacher Training)
- DED (Diploma in Education)
- TTC (Teachers Training Certificate)
- JBT (Junior Basic Training)
Check Here- How To Develop Powerful Concentration
B.P.ED stands for Bachelor of Physical Education. It is also known by the name of BPE course. It is an undergraduate degree which focuses on physical education. Duration for this course is 3 years.
One may need to be 10+2 pass in any stream with minimum 50% of marks. After pursuing this degree one may start working as physical education teacher or instructor.
Also check- Best Career Opportunities
You all must be aware of advanced educational courses. Some of them are listed below:
- Phil. in Education
- Sc. Education
- MA Education
Must Know- Top 10 Job Oriented Courses
Special Education Courses
To educate and guide students suffering from visual impairment, hearing impairment or mental retardation, special education courses are introduced. Such programs focus on above three impairments and candidate may choose any one of them. Some of the well-known special education courses are:
- Ed. Special education
- Ed. Special education
- BA B.Ed. Special education
- Diploma in early childhood special education
- Ed. Special education
Check Here- Career Development Skills
Job profile under this career depends upon the professional course person has chosen, for example, they may work as Nursery teacher, Elementary school teacher, Primary level teacher, Secondary and Higher Secondary level teacher, Special education teacher or Assistant professor.
Some common places where one can find job are nurseries, schools, special schools and colleges. One can also think of starting his/her own coaching center. To hire teachers educational consultancies are also well-known.
Must Check- Problem Solving Techniques
Provided information about the teacher training courses and its careers will definitely help you in choosing the career which suits you. Also the procedure provided for satisfying the question How to Become a Govt Teacher in India will also be proved very useful for you. So go through the page thoroughly, choose your favorite career and be one of the best govt teachers of India.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|Upcoming Government Jobs||Best Jobs In India|
|Jobs By Qualification||Jobs by Organization|
|Free Job Updates||Latest Jobs Openings For Freshers|
|Best State Government Jobs||Employment News This Week Highlights|