How To Dress For An Interview
The first impression you make on a latent employer is the most significant one. The first decision an interviewer makes is going to be based on how you look and what you are wearing. That’s why, in many cases, it is still significant to dress professionally for a job interview, regardless of the work environment. There are some Professional Dressing Tips for Men/Women.
First impressions are, by definition, instant and it takes seconds for a complete stranger to formulate a positive or negative opinion of you based on your appearance alone. Before you speak other person can notice you by your dress and conclusion. So your dressing sense should be good when you are going for an interview.
There are some industries which conscious about the dressing style of the interviewee like banking, business consulting etc. so you have to give more focus on your dressing style.
Following are the guidelines for successful interview dress:
For Men and Women Both
- Two-piece business suit (solid dark blue or grey is best)
- Long-sleeved shirt/blouse (white is best, pastel is next best)
- Empty pockets—no bulges or tinkling coins
- Conservative shoes, polished, Clean,
- Well-groomed hairstyle
- Clean, trimmed fingernails
- Minimal fragrance or perfume
- No gum, candy, or cigarettes
- Light suitcase or collection case
- No visible body piercing (nose rings, eyebrow rings, etc.) or tattoos
- Necktie should be silk with a conservative pattern
- There should be Dark shoes (black lace-ups are best)
- No beards (you can grow it back after you get the job, but having one now could keep you from getting the job)
- Dark socks (black is best)
- Neatly trimmed and professional haircut; short hair always fares best in interviews
- Fresh shave; mustaches are a possible negative, but if you must, make sure it is neat and trimmed
- Neatly trimmed nails.
- No rings other than wedding ring or college ring
- No earrings (if you normally wear one, take it out)
- You should wear a suit with a jacket and skirt or slacks; no dresses
- Clean and polished shoes with conservative heels
- Conservative hosiery at or near skin color (and no runs!)
- No purses, small or large; carry a briefcase instead
- If you wear nail polish, use clear or a conservative color
- Keep your makeup simple and natural (it should not be too noticeable)
- No more than one ring on each hand
- You can wear one set of earrings only
Dressing nicely and appropriately is a compliment to the person you meet, so if in doubt, err on the side of dressing to a higher standard than you might need to. The way you dress for an interview says how precise, neat, and professional you really are. If you want to dress to impress and be hired for the job of your dreams, read this article very carefully.
Other Interview Questions and Answers / Tips
|Bank Interview Questions and Answers||How To Crack An IT Interview|
|SSC CGL Interview Questions||BPO Interview Questions And Answers|
|SSB Interview Tips||Tips To Prepare For SSB Interview|
|SSB Interview Experience||RRB Interview Questions And Answers|