How To Prepare For CDS Exam
CDS exam is conducted by the Union public service commission twice in a year. But aspirants really need to know How to Prepare for CDS Exam as every year large number of applicants applies for CDS exam and this increases the density of competition. The basic reason to conduct such exam is to select candidates under Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy Military Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy. Now preparation of CDS (1/2) exam 2017 in just two months has become too easy, as below presented beneficial Tips To Crack CDS exam offers best from every corner.
Notifications of CDS-I and CDS-II exam is usually announced by the UPSC in the month of October and June and the exam conducted in the month of February and November. Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted by the Delhi-based Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for those aspirants who want to grow their career in the Indian Defence services. The exam is designed mainly for applicants who are aspiring to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy or Officers’ Training Academy.
How To Prepare For CDS Exam
Tips To Crack CDS CDS Exam
Know the syllabus:
- Candidates who are preparing for combined defence services (CDS) exam need to know complete CDS syllabus to prepare accordingly.
- Aspirants must prepare for the exam according to the syllabus which will help you in the exam to understand that what they might be asked in the exam paper.
- After you examine into the entire CDS exam syllabus, make sure you are sort out topics where you do not need any preparation and you are 100% confident of clearing it, topics which you are not 100% confident are the one you want to prepare to clear CDS exam.
- Candidates need to recognize their strong points and weak points for any exam preparation, as a Candidate may be strong in Physics, average in English and completely naive in Chemistry. Candidates must know complete CDS Syllabus for scoring good marks in the exam.
Refer to previous question papers:
Contenders must prepare with CDS previous question papers; because the previous year question papers gives the idea about which type of questions would be asked in examination. Many successful candidates followed this type of preparation since many years. So always solve 10-15 previous question papers and find out that where you are lacking. And focus on those essential topics and you are sure about and you will succeed without any doubt.
CDS preparation Books:
Aspirants may also take help from the other sources like books, e-books, online preparation, online groups, blogs etc. This will defiantly make your preparation rock solid and you will also discover things which you are not aware of while preparing with the single source. So extend your possibility to find out more things related to combined defense service exam preparation, you will get better advantages by preparing through these other sources.
Some of the best CDS 2017 preparation books are:
- Kit for CDS Exam (For IMA, OTA & Air Force) (with a Free Copy of Current Affairs Informa worth Rs. 200/-)
- CDS 10 Years Topic-wise Solved Papers 2007-2016 (with free GK E-books)
- Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC
- Chapterwise-Section wise Solved Paper of CDS Mathematics/English /General Ability
- MATHEMATICS FOR C.D.S.ENTRANCE EXAM. (Old Edition But Best for Last Month Preparation)
- Pathfinder CDS Entrance Examination (CDS) by Arihant
- Best Book for SSB Interview Psychology Tests preparation
- Chapterwise- Sectionwise Solved Papers CDS
- English Preparation Books for CDSE & AFCAT
- CDA Exam Guide Written by Datason Rp
- Asian Combined Defence Services Exam Guide BY R.P. Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by Dr. R.S. Aggarwal
- A Modern Approach for Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R.S Aggarwal
- English for Competitive Examinations by A.K. Kapoor
Get More: CDS Preparation Books
Make a Plan and study well
Aspirants preparing for CDS exam need to make a proper plan and follow that till the end. Candidates may plan the expedition to the target well if they recognize the initiate point. If a person has sufficient time for the examination, choose a section he / she is weak in and one that is imperative from the examination point of view. If a Candidate is not having sufficient time, choose a section in which he / she is comfortable, has not prepared sufficient and that is an imperative section.
Most of the candidates never understand the importance of time while preparing for CDS exam, at the last minute, they misses out the revising topics which are really very important for the exam, this direct to sure turn failure. So candidates, always try to kick start your CDS exam preparation as soon as you can.
Get Here: CDS Exam Question Papers
Take Time to Revise more:
Candidates must have to made a habit, to make their own Notes, these notes will help you to revise whole topics easily just before exam. Before the examination do three revisions a day, and also repeat the habit of making notes while revising. The main purposes of revision are:
- to understand the topic for which you are sitting an exam
- to commit what you have learnt and understood to memory
- to practice planning and writing answers to questions
How to Revise In A Productive Manner:
There are three key revision methods:
- drafting model answers
If examinations are immediately forthcoming, abscond out new sections for preparation since it will generate a lot of pressure and anyhow a person cannot prepare it in best way for the exam.
Must remember, the significant milestones approaching as mock tests or academia exams, celebrations or relation functions, It is imperative learn in the prefect way and spend some couple of hours regularly on practicing but some time from daily schedule wants to be only for yourself. Exercise in this era to fresh your mind, body and soul fit.
Check Out: UPSC Exam Calendar
If examinations are immediately forthcoming, abscond out new sections for preparation since it will generate a lot of pressure and anyhow a person cannot prepare it in best way for the exam. Must remember, the significant milestones approaching as mock tests or academia exams, celebrations or relation functions, It is imperative learn in the prefect way and spend some couple of hours regularly on practicing but some time from daily schedule wants to be only for yourself. Exercise in this era to fresh your mind, body and soul fit.
Last Minute Tips For CDS Exam
- Must have a strong hold of fundamentals and today is the day to revise just the basics with no more knowledge addition at this instant.
- Time management is essential for the examination and it could help in scoring more.
- Each and every question need not be solved as there is negative marking. Select what you are best at and try solving it.
- Previous year papers should be checked to know what kind of questions appear and one mock test can be taken on the last day to see what could be the strategy that could help in the flow of solving.
- Evaluation question initially once you get it can help in recognizing areas where questions that you are stronger in and could be definitely solved by you may help and then only the flow of solving should be decided.
- If you are stop at a point just try moving ahead and don’t waste too much time on any question.
- Speed and accuracy can only help in getting the exam clear and being called for the SSB.
- Mugging up things doesn’t really help in such standard exams but if basics are clear you can win the battle easily.
Dear candidates if you are looking for the more career related information such as recruitments, admissions, entrance examinations, admit card etc must visit our web portal recruitmentresult.com. You may also follow us on Google+ and Facebook to remain in touch with latest information.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|CDS Notification||CDS Coaching Centers|
|CDS Pattern/Eligibility||UPSC CDS 2 Result|
|CDS Admit Card||UPSC Notification|