How to Prepare for IELTS Exam
How to Prepare for IELTS Exam at Home is the major problem for the candidates who plan to study or immigrate to the other countries. So, students who have filled IELTS Application Form 2018 to study abroad and want to know How to Prepare for IELTS Exam they can get some most important Tips to Crack IELTS in First Attempt from here.
To prepare better for International English Language Testing System [IELTS] test, firstly individuals must check out the complete IELTS Syllabus 2018 and then find out the benefits of taking an English language course. Now focus the format as well as rules of test. After that, follow some Tips to Prepare for IELTS Exam at Home which is given for your ease.
What is IELTS?
IELTS is known as International English Language Testing System which is considered to evaluate the candidate’s language ability who wants to pursue their further studies in abroad or work where language of communication is only English.
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP: IELTS Australia and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA managed the IELTS.
To know about How to Prepare for IELTS Exam at Home need to go through this page prepared by the experts of recruitmentresult.com
Tips to Crack IELTS in First Attempt
STEP 1: Develop your English
The first step for how to prepare for IELTS Exam is Develop your English and the best way to improve your English is to take an English language course. At the time of pursuing English language course you will receive the feedback from your teacher on daily basis which will help you to improve the precise skills involved in speaking, listening, reading and writing English.
Individuals are advised to use their English every day. They need to Read, speak, listen and write in English in every time to improve their English. From this they can easily improve their English and thus they will get qualifying score in IELTS.
- You must speak English with your friends and family.
- Listening English language radio, television and film.
- Try to listen to a variety of English accents including American, Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand.
- Read more and more English publications wherever possible.
- Must write letters, emails or notes in English to practice your written skills.
Must Go Through:
STEP 2: Be aware about the test format and rules
You must understand test format of IELTS Exam. Keep in mind that there are two versions of IELTS, first one is IELTS Academic and another is IELTS General Training. As compared to Listening and the Speaking components which are same for both tests however the Reading and Writing components are different for both the tests.
- Read carefully the Notice to candidates.
- Try to understand what the examiners are looking for in the Speaking as well as Writing tests by reading the assessment criteria.
- Don’t believe myths and rumours about the test. They will only distract you.
STEP 3: Must Practice with sample questions
Must practice for IELTS Test by using IELTS Sample Papers With Answers which is given here of free of cost. Purchase IELTS Preparation Books Official (two books available on official) through online or from your local test centre. Along with practicing sample questions you may also take benefit of IELTS preparation course which will help you:
- Practice the type of tasks included in an IELTS test (e.g. a short essay/letter for the Writing test)
- Get feedback on your answers to practice questions
- Become more confident in your test-taking skills
- Help you decide if you are ready to take your IELTS test
- Ask us for more information about preparation courses near you.
STEP 4: Feel relaxed on the exam day before starting the exam
Before going to appear in IELTS Test, you need to take some time to refresh your memory of the test rules, format of test and location.
- Must read candidate’s booklet again which contains vital information.
- Make sure you know the test rules.
- Get plenty of rest the night before your test.
- Before going to test venue you need to plan your journey. This will ensure that you are familiar with the test venue location.
Get Details About: How to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
IELTS Exam Pattern:
All the candidates can also check IELTS Exam Pattern 2018 from here which is given below in image form.
How to Prepare for IELTS Exam
IELTS Exam Tips – how to prepare for IELTS listening:-
- Read the questions at the beginning of each section carefully before the recording starts. This will help applicants to follow the recording & identify the appropriate answer.
- Concentrate on the introduction of each section which will give you useful information about the situations & the speakers.
- Listen very carefully for clues that indicate which stage of the recording they are listening to for example words such as ‘Firstly’, ‘Lastly’.
- Write your answers clearly without any grammatical mistakes, otherwise you will not be awarded with any marks.
Read This: How To Find Online Study Material
IELTS Exam Tips – Reading Section Tips:-
- To know about how to prepare for IELTS reading you must concentrate on the item as it may pass very fast, so make sure you don’t spend too much time any question or text.
- Start from beginning of the exam, if you are unable to answer, do not waste your time and move on to next one. You can re-visit the question later, if you have time.
- Read instructions carefully and concentrate on title of text subtitles & illustration to get a quick idea of what the text is for.
- Make sure to answer without any grammar mistakes. Copy words accurately so that you can avoid any spelling mistakes.
Want to Know? Top 12 IELTS Coaching Centers in India
IELTS Exam Tips – how to prepare for IELTS writing:-
- Make sure your ideas are relevant to the questions and your last paragraph should be a conclusion which is consistent with the arguments you have included in your essay.
- Avoid any spelling, grammar mistakes and write as clearly as possible.
- Organized and logically linked paragraphs and also make sure to have language used is in academic style.
- Write with required number of words and do not use bullet points.
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
IELTS Exam Tips – how to prepare for IELTS speaking test:-
- Make sure to involve in the conversation and concentrate on the questions being asked.
- Always answer the questions with some detailed manner.
- Always support your opinions with good examples.
- There is no right or wrong answers in the speaking test and this is just to assess on how good
You May Read This: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
Essence of the page:
In the end, we must understand that listening comprehension skills improve with more and more practice. But reading skills improve with more and more analysis. Always spend time in finding out why certain questions went wrong.
The above mentioned tips of How to Prepare for IELTS Exam are a few important things we advise to keep in mind for promising results.
If you want to know more about How to Prepare for IELTS Exam, how much time to prepare for IELTS etc then stay connected with us through our web portal that is recruitmentresult.com and get latest information time to time.
You can also follow us on Facebook and Google plus to remain updated about government jobs, private jobs. You can also subscribe on our free email service from this you can get all career related information directly in your mail box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Best Colleges in India||Career Options After 12th|
|Latest Current Affairs||Entrance Exams In India|
|Scholarship in India||Top Universities In India|
|How Can You Write Fast In Exams?||Effective Time Table For Studies|