How To Prepare For MAT
Are you tensed about MAT exam?? If yes, then you are on right page. Go through this page as we are discussing How to Prepare for MAT 2017. Management Aptitude Test is the all India level entrance examination in which many students participates for getting admission to the MBA Programme. In this page we are providing strategies for preparation of MAT Exam.
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a high-level test which contains analytical ability that needs the solution of problems in the form of analogies. Candidates those who want to appear in MAT Exam they can get MAT Exam Preparation Tips & Strategy from this page of recruitmentresult.com by which they can clear MAT Exam. Before planning schedule to prepare for exam it is important to know MAT exam pattern. Without knowing pattern of exam it is useless to make strategy.
MAT Exam Pattern
- Each question will be off 1 mark. Hence, MAT Test will be marked out of 200 marks.
- For any wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Total duration of exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
|Section Name||No. Of Questions||Suggested Time|
|Language Comprehension||40||30 Min|
|Mathematical Skills||40||40 Min|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35 Min|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30 Min|
|Indian And Global Environment||40||15 Min|
How To Prepare For MAT
Strategies to Clear MAT Exam
Candidates, who want to make their bright future in management field but tensed how to make it?? May follow these tips and guidelines this will definitely help you for securing good marks in the examination.
Self study is a major element while preparing for entrance exam. As we all know that just on the basis of tuitions, coaching institute, classes no one can crack exam. Self studies strengthen the entire concepts and helps candidate to Boost Confidence.
Now your mind is asking HOW TO DO SELF STUDY? HOW TO DO IT ON DAILY BASIS??
Answer To These Questions:
Follow Self Study Plan…..
- Prepare a time table on paper and write your daily routine on it.
- Keep time for school/tuition/coaching, meals, exercise, naps and short breaks.
- Now, decide the time to devote it in preparing and stick to it.
- Choose the chapters which contain maximum marks or in which you are week.
- Mark the chapters weekly wise to complete them.
- Use Sunday to revise chapters that are covered.
Check This: MBA Preparation Books
Morning Self Study…..
Since we are grown up, we are listing morning time is the best time to study. Whatever we learn in morning time it sticks to our mind. So why we don’t utilize this time for our self study as in morning our mind is fresh and hence we can learn better.
But walking up in the morning is very difficult because many of you study late night. You can do this by getting up 30 minutes early than your regular routine time. As you go on comfortable you may increase your time.
Check These Important Links Related To MAT:
Self study on the go…..
If you devote most of the time in travelling for your schools, institutes or tuitions you can devote this time in self study.
But study while travelling is not easy for everyone so, you can revise your chapters this will reduce time for revising chapters. If you are heaving smart phones you can study using online mode for MAT Exams.
How to do self study on regular basis….
We start self study with a lot of enthusiasm but as time passes by we get relaxed and cannot keep up. To continue self studies on a regular basis follow these mantras:
- Remind your career goal every day.
- Remind parent’s sacrifices, expectation towards yourself.
- Make your study area neat and clean also, put nice stationary, so you will be motivated to study.
- Exercise daily so that you have enough energy to study.
- If any day you do not feel like studying then also do not skip. Pick up your favorite chapter and revise it.
- If you are not well on any particular day make sure to take proper rest and medication so that you recover faster and not lose more time.
Check Here: Tips to Make Study Interesting
2 Months Preparation Strategies For MAT Exam (Subject Exam)
Preparation Strategy for language comprehension section
Language comprehension section is considered to be one of the most significant sections in MAT examination. There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while solving this section such as ability to comprehend, analyze and reflect. To get strong in this section you can follow these steps:
- Make regular reading habit which will enhance your vocabulary skills. Read English newspapers, quality magazines and novels on daily basis.
- Watching English news on television can also help to make strong your language section in your preparation.
- Also try to solve as many as online MAT test/MAT Exam Question Paper.
- Underline the words you don’t understand check them in dictionary and keep it in mind.
- Prepare a thin notebook and write daily words from dictionary and learn them.
- Practice as many reading comprehensions as possible for improving your reading speed and answering questions.
Preparation Strategy for Mathematical Skills section
Mathematical Skills tests the students’ numerical/mathematical abilities. If your concepts and fundamentals are clear you can score 100% marks in this section. This section is scoring for only those candidates who know all formulas, and know Vedic maths, short cut tricks etc. Practice is the main key for cracking this section in MAT MBA exam.
- Mathematical skills section consists of easy, medium and difficult level questions. First try to solve easy and moderate questions as these take less time and will boost up with every correct answer.
- After that you can focus on difficult level questions. Try to solve those questions in stipulated time frame.
- Never put a habit of using calculators as this may decrease your speed in solving questions.
- To memorize all the formulas you should write them on a piece of paper and stick it on a wall in your room and revise it regularly.
- Time management plays a crucial role while attempting this section so focus on time while preparing for this section.
Preparation Strategy for Data Analysis & Sufficiency section
Data analysis and sufficiency section is another section in entrance exams in which you can score maximum. This section in MAT exam includes logical/reasoning skills in solving problems. In this section questions are in form of tables, graphs and charts. To tackle from this you need to build speed with various types of mathematical techniques such as short cuts, practice with variety of such questions etc.
- Read all the questions carefully and think why the given options should be correct or incorrect. Read properly all the choices before answering the question.
- Never assume any such information, which is not provided in the question. Always try to use those facts and figures that are given in the questions.
- Present Data Analysis & Sufficiency section in the form of charts, graphs etc. which will make you easy to get conclusion.
- Always manage your time properly as Time management plays a very crucial role in solving this section of MAT aptitude test.
- Analyze questions carefully, build your calculation speed, familiarize with variety of such question and practice is the mantra of solving questions in this section.
You May Read This: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
Preparation Strategy for Intelligence & Critical Reasoning section
This section is another in which maximum marks can be scored. In this section questions are followed by 2 statements in form of logical puzzles. The best way to solve such questions is to understand the logic behind it. By spending 2-3 hours in this section you can score good marks.
- This section is game of time so practice good amount of MAT exam sample question papers, MAT sample test, MAT mock test papers to build your speed.
- Accuracy should also matter with speed as this helps you in scoring well in AIMA exam.
- You need to answer such type of questions with patience and a cool mind don’t panic due to shortage of time as this will result negative marks.
- If you are stuck with any question, try to answer it from the given options and work reverse to see if it’s working or not.
- Don’t ever try to make random guesses if you are sure mark only then.
- Do not waste your time in cross checking those answers again and again.
Read Now: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
Preparation Strategy for Indian and Global Environment Section
Indian and Global Environment section tests the IQ level of a student. Regarding general awareness questions are asked from the current happenings. To clear this section you need to keep yourself updated with current general knowledge books, magazines etc. Awareness is the only key to get clear in this section in MAT examination.
- To summarize, out of the 200 questions, an excellent score would entail attempting around 125+ questions with 85-90% accuracy.
- Read newspapers and watch news channels for latest news.
- Watch and also read news of all types such as political, social, sports, entertainment etc.
- Also try to solve as many as online MAT test/MAT exam/ sample papers question paper.
- Read general awareness books of different author’s month wise which will recall all your GA updates.
Check Out: MBA Entrance Exams In India
Hence, above given tricks and strategies will definitely help you to prepare well for the exam. So in order to clear MAT exam above tips will surely help you to get good marks. You may also join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest updates time to time.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On