How To Prepare General Knowledge
General Knowledge is an important section for any competitive examination such as UPSC, State Services, SSC, Banking, Railway etc. How to Prepare General Knowledge in an easy way to qualify the Competitive Exam in first attempt?
You need to follow the below provided General Knowledge Preparation Tips/ tricks to crack any competitive exam. In Competitive Exams, nearly 25% of paper comes from GK Section.Read the newspaper daily to boost your General Knowledge Section.
Why General Knowledge is Important?
- General Knowledge questions not only help candidates in qualifying the examination but also play a major role in performing well at the time of GD / Interview round.
- General awareness has always been taken at the lighter side by many of the candidates not realizing that how major it can be in competitive exams.
- This page of recruitmentresult.com provides you effective and important tips for How To Prepare General Knowledge.
How to Prepare General Knowledge
How to Prepare GK?
The General Knowledge section has the potential to assist you clear overall cutoffs and seal the deal, as it:
- Provides 100% exactness (unless you indulge in blind guesswork)
- Is highly time-efficient and,
- Tremendously scoring
What Sections are included in General Knowledge?
The area of General Knowledge Questions is very broad however if one can start his preparation in a pre planned mode and focused on all the topics mentioned here in a organized manner, we can reassure you that you can constantly resolve more than 90% queries asked over in General Knowledge Question papers of different competitive exams. The important topics which are covered under General Knowledge Questions are:
|Physical Geography||Indian and World Geography|
|Indian and World History||International Organizations|
|Everyday Science||Awards and Honors|
|Indian Economy||Indian Polity|
|Constitution||Other Miscellaneous GK|
How to Prepare General Knowledge (GK) for Competitive Exams
Students preparing for competitive exam for Government Jobs or students preparing for Entrance Exam for admissions in various courses, the major question faced by everyone is How to Prepare General Knowledge?
To give a right answer of this question we the team members of recruitmentresult.com have created this page. Tips given here on this page will definitely help in getting over with the question – How to Prepare General Knowledge?
Read Newspapers Daily
We all know that “Old is Gold”, same factor is applicable here too. We need to create a habit of studying newspapers consistently. I’ll recommend you to study more than one paper.
It will be better if you study one paper of your mother language, and other of English. Some useful news papers are “The Times of India”, “The Hindu”, “The Telegraph” etc.
- Reading newspapers daily can make life easy in learning General Knowledge. Keeping an eye of what’s happening around may find it interesting in looking out for news daily.
- We all know that staying updated is always a good idea, as it will stand you apart from the rest.
Want to Know? Common Mistakes You Make in Tests
Watch Current affairs special programmes on News
Watching the news channel regularly is not an option, anyone can agree for improving General Knowledge, but you can watch special current affairs programs of your favorite news reporter for arousing interest in this section.
- You will need to watch news programs at least once a day. Now most of the top information programs are effective for 24*7. You need to choose up an appropriate time for yourself to watch any favorite news channel of yours.
- You can watch ABP News, NDTV, Times Now, ET Now, Zee News etc. Try to go through all the breaking and highlighted news, and make a habit to watch regularly.
Read Also:- Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
Make Notes for Exam
Always try to write short notes of what you think are important in terms of exam prospective so that your important record is maintained for exam day.
- If you want to learn something, Always try to write down in your note book as it will help you to memorize it in a better way.
- As we know that a lot of activities are happening in the nation and all over the globe, so it is simple to understand that it is not easy to memorable everything. It’s always a fantastic concept to sustain a note book of current events.
Read Here: Tips to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
Also Use Internet to aware about latest updates:
Google, YouTube and Wikipedia are our best teachers, so you should use all the available internet sources to search current affairs and GK for examinations. So you can study from our blog of “Current Affairs”, by signing up for us (check the below section for registration options).
- You can definitely take part in some forums that are concentrating on current activities. The excellent aspect is you can follow to the sites of all major newspapers online if you don’t have plenty of time to read newspapers.
- You can always join online groups of Current affairs to keep yourself updated and if not so, go like some pages of current affairs on Facebook and other social networking sites.
Read Magazines / Books thoroughly
Various General Knowledge books/ Magazines are always a good option to have the knowledge quickly and effectively.There are many major publications that concentrate on present matters and Common Information. You need to buy it from your regional journal supplier, and begin studying it thoroughly.
- Some of the useful magazines are Pratiyogita Darpanand Manorma etc.
- Try to study business magazines and sports magazines too along with a common journal. This will increase your possibilities of breaking the aggressive examinations with convenience.
Participate in Online Quizzes
You should get involved in some free mock tests that are available on the internet to evaluate yourself.
- This provides you with appropriate concept whether you are prepared for the examination day or not.
- As an added aspect it will also offer you assurance. You can also download Monthly-wise Current Affairs questions from here.
Make Your Strength Your Plus Point
We generally find it very complicated to study the whole thing at a glance so in this way we chiefly study a lot, but memorize a little in mind. So we require to first measure out our tough parts for our preparation.
- If you are planning for Bank exams, then you must focus further on Banking Related Terms, sports, awards & honors, etc and should create this division as your strongest weapon.
- Attempt and participate in several free of charge online quizzes that in order to evaluate yourself.
To Give GK Online Test:- Press Here
There are abundant debate forums on the internet today through which you can increase your general knowledge.
These forums engage knowledgeable negotiations in innumerable fields and going through them and taking part in them can help you and progress your general awareness.
Check Here: Daily Current Affairs
Why General Knowledge is Important for Exams?
We all know that most of the competitive exams come up with Current Affairs and General Knowledge questions such as NDA, IAS, SSC, Railway, Bank & many others and most of the students feel great difficulties to score good marks in it. Here we are discussing some useful tips for preparing general knowledge for competitive exams.
“Current Affairs” and “General awareness”
In every second some issues are occurring around the world in these areas, and to obtain the clip of some outlined information, and remember it is a good plan to prepare current affairs and GK.
START NOW:- Current Affairs Quiz
GK Is Not Boring:
Though general knowledge preparation may make you feel boring, you should always try to find ways to make it interesting. Effective strategy and presence of mind will help you turn your way to success.
Hope that now candidates pay attention to Gk as well by following some of the tips.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On