How To Prepare General Knowledge (GK)
Students preparing for competitive exam for government jobs or students preparing for entrance exam for admissions in various courses, the major question faced by everyone is General Knowledge (GK). The reason for extra importance of General Knowledge topics and questions is that it will not only assist you to score very high marks in less time but it will also help you to perform well in Group Discussions and Interviews. General awareness has always been taken at the lighter side by many of the candidates not realizing that how major it can be in competitive exams. This page provides you effective and important tips for How To Prepare General Knowledge.
Major Topics Covered Under This Head Are:
The area of General Knowledge Questions is very broad however if one can start his preparation in a pre planned mode and focused on all the topics mentioned here in a organized manner, we can reassure you that you can constantly resolve more than 90% queries asked over in General Knowledge Question papers of different competitive exams. The important topics which are covered under General Knowledge Questions are:
- Physical Geography
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian and World History
- International Organizations
- Everyday Science
- Awards and Honors
- Indian Economy
- Indian Polity
- Current Affairs
- Other Miscellaneous GK
- Current Affairs
How To Prepare General Knowledge
Here are some useful tips for preparing general knowledge for competitive exams.
1. Read Newspapers Daily
- We all know that “Old is Gold”, same factor is applicable here too. We need to create a habit of studying newspapers consistently. I’ll recommend you to study more than one paper.
- It will be better if you study one paper of your mother language, and other of English. Some useful news papers are “The Times of India”, “The Hindu”, “The Telegraph” etc.
- Reading newspapers daily can make life easy in learning General Knowledge. Keeping an eye of what’s happening around may find it interesting in looking out for news daily.
- We all know that staying updated is always a good idea, as it will stand you apart from the rest.
2. Watch Current affairs special programmes on News
- Watching the news channel regularly is not an option, anyone can agree for improving General Knowledge, but you can watch special current affairs programs of your favorite news reporter for arousing interest in this section.
- You will need to watch news programs at least once a day. Now most of the top information programs are effective for 24*7. You need to choose up an appropriate time for yourself to watch any favorite news channel of yours.
- You can watch ABP News, NDTV, Times Now, ET Now, Zee News etc. Try to go through all the breaking and highlighted news, and make a habit to watch regularly.
Read Also:- Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
3. Notes for Exam
- Always try to write short notes of what you think are important in terms of exam prospective so that your important record is maintained for exam day.
- If you want to learn something, Always try to write down in your note book as it will help you to memorize it in a better way.
- As we know that a lot of activities are happening in the nation and all over the globe, so it is simple to understand that it is not easy to memorable everything. It’s always a fantastic concept to sustain a note book of current events.
- Google, YouTube and Wikipedia are our best teachers, so you should use all the available internet sources to search current affairs and GK for examinations.
- So you can study from our blog of “Current Affairs”, by signing up for us (check the below section for registration options).
- You can definitely take part in some forums that are concentrating on current activities. The excellent aspect is you can follow to the sites of all major newspapers online if you don’t have plenty of time to read newspapers.
- You can always join online groups of Current affairs to keep yourself updated and if not so, go like some pages of current affairs on Facebook and other social networking sites.
5. Read Magazines / Books thoroughly
- Various General Knowledge books/ Magazines are always a good option to have the knowledge quickly and effectively.
- There are many major publications that concentrate on present matters and Common Information. You need to buy it from your regional journal supplier, and begin studying it thoroughly.
- Some of the useful magazines are Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorma etc.
- Try to study business magazines and sports magazines too along with a common journal. This will increase your possibilities of breaking the aggressive examinations with convenience.
6. Participate in Online Quizzes
- You should get involved in some free mock tests that are available on the internet to evaluate yourself.
- This provides you with appropriate concept whether you are prepared for the examination day or not.
- As an added aspect it will also offer you assurance. You can also download Monthly-wise current affairs questions from here.
To Give GK Online Test:- Press Here
7. Make Your Strength Your Plus Point
We generally find it very complicated to study the whole thing at a glance so in this way we chiefly study a lot, but memorize a little in mind. So we require to first measure out our tough parts for our preparation. If you are planning for Bank exams, then you must focus further on banking related terms, sports, awards & honors, etc and should create this division as your strongest weapon. Attempt and participate in several free of charge online quizzes that in order to evaluate yourself.
8. Discussion Forums
There are abundant debate forums on the internet today through which you can increase your general knowledge. These forums engage knowledgeable negotiations in innumerable fields and going through them and taking part in them can help you and progress your general awareness.
Need to Prepare for General Knowledge
We all know that most of the competitive exams come up with Current Affairs and General Knowledge questions such as NDA, IAS, SSC, Railway, Bank & many others and most of the students feel great difficulties to score good marks in it. Here we are discussing some useful tips for preparing general knowledge for competitive exams.
Current Affairs” and “General Knowledge” inherits many subjects from economy, sports or knowledge of politics, or even technological innovation to automobiles. In every second some issues are occurring around the world in these areas, and to obtain the clip of some outlined information, and remember it is a good plan to prepare current affairs and GK.
Though general knowledge preparation may make you feel boring, you should always try to find ways to make it interesting. Effective strategy and presence of mind will help you turn your way to success.
Hope that now candidates pay attention to Gk as well by following some of the tips.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On