JEE Advanced Eligibility
JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018 Criteria includes those requirements that are mandatory for candidates to fulfill in order to get appear in exam and admission in IITs. Candidates who dreamed of getting allotted seats in B.Tech course offered by IITs must have to complete the Eligibility Criteria of JEE Advanced 2018.
The Eligibility of JEE Advanced includes factors like Number of Attempts – Age & Qualification of candidate applying. Failure of fulfilling the JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018 Criteria will result to cancellation of candidate’s admission and application form as well.
Failure in fulfilling JEE Advanced Eligibility:
If any candidate wants to get position among those 2,24,000 candidates who will get the seats in IITs then they must have to complete all the JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018 requirements. If candidates do not get position in those 2,24,000 candidates, then their admission will be cancelled.
The eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2018 consists of the conditions or requirements that a candidate has to fulfill in order to proceed further in the admission process. All candidates who wish to get allotted to the B.Tech seats offered by IITs will have to meet the set JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria. Read full details about JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018 from the below section of this page of recruitmentresult.com.
JEE Advanced Eligibility
JEE Advanced 2018 Overview
JEE Advanced Engineering Entrance Exam consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, each of three hours duration and will be held as per the following schedule:
|Paper-1||Sunday||20-May-2018||09:00 to 12:00 IST||Session 1|
|Paper-2||Sunday||20-May-2018||14:00 to 17:00 IST||Session 2|
Apply Here: JEE Advanced Application Form
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility
JEE Advanced Eligibility includes 5 criterions. All the candidates must fulfill each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018. These criterions are-
- Performance in JEE Main 2018
- Appearance in 10+2 (or equivalent) Examination
- Age Limit
- Number of Attempts
- Earlier Admission at IITs
Check Here: JEE Advanced Syllabus
Criterion1: Performance in JEE Main 2018
- The candidates will have to qualify JEE Main 2018 examination and be among the top 2,24,000 (including all categories) candidates.
- The percentages of various categories are: OBC-NCL (27%), SC (15%), ST (7.5%) and Open Category (50.5%).
- Within each of these categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
Category-Wise Distribution of Top 2,24,000 Candidates:
|ORDER||CATEGORY||Number of “Top” candidates|
Download Free: JEE ADVANCED Previous Year Papers
Criterion2: Appearance in Class XII
- Candidates who are applying for JEE Advanced 2018 should have appeared for the 10+2 (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018.
- However, those candidates whose 10+2 (or equivalent) examination results for the academic session of 2015 – 16 were declared after June 2016 will also be eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates must have appeared for 10+2 or equivalent examination in the year 2017 or 2018.
- Senior Secondary School Examination must be conducted by National Institute of Open Schooling with minimum five subjects.
- Candidates should be in top 20 percentile in their respective 12th standard (or equivalent) board examination (in five compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, a language or any subject (other than 4 above as mentioned).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by Board or University recognized by the AIUs.
- Final Examination of 2 year courses of Joint Services Wing under National Defence Academy.
- 3 year diploma course which is recognized by State Board of Technical Education or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at Advanced (A) level
- HSC Examination from Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma from International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates should have score minimum 75% aggregate marks for general category however for SC/ST/PwD category minimum aggregate marks required is 65% in 10+2 or equivalent examination then they will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018.
Read Here About: JEE Advanced Topper
Criterion3: Age Limitation
- To get admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs, candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1993 according to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2018.
- Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1988.
Criterion4: Number of Attempts
- The entrance examination of JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum two times in consecutive years.
- Those candidates who attempted JEE Advanced examination for the first time in 2017 will also be eligible for the present session.
Must Know: Tips to Crack JEE Advanced
Criterion5: Earlier Admission at IITs
- The candidates should not have been admitted in any IIT irrespective of whether he/she continued in the programme or not.
- IIT seat should also not have been accepted by the candidate in the past by reporting at the reporting centre.
- Those candidates whose admissions at IITs were cancelled will also not be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Those candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any IIT for the first time in 2017 will be allowed to appear for the JEE Advanced 2018 exam.
- The admission authorities will also term those candidates who paid the seat acceptance fee but did not accept the seats (by not reporting at the reporting centres during JoSAA 2017) as eligible.
- The candidates who paid seat acceptance fee in 2017 but
- did not report at any reporting centre OR,
- withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR,
- had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, during the joint seat allocation in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Additional Requirements for Certain Courses
In order to get admission in Mining Engineering, Mining Machinery Engineering, IntegratedM.Sc program in Geology or Geophysics, or Petroleum Engineering candidates should not have any form of colour blindness. While getting admission candidates must produce a Medical Certificate. IITs may establish a medical board to test the validity to the candidate’s medical condition.
Further willing to get admission in Mining Engineering, their vision standards visual acuity with or without glasses has to be strictly observed as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one eyed vision will not be allowed to work underground.
Get Best Answer: How To Get Admission In Engineering Colleges
JEE Advanced 2018!!!
Under the provisions of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2018, the IIT Kanpur is going to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2018 or we can say JEE Advanced 2018. On the basis of performance in this examination, candidates will be given admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs. The decisions of the JAB 2018 will be final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2018 and admission to IITs.
We wish ALL THE BEST to the candidates who are going to appear for the JEE Advanced 2018. If you have any query regarding it then you can ask our experts about it by giving your comments in below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|JEE Advanced Cutoff||JEE Advanced Exam Analysis|
|JEE Advanced Sample Papers||JEE Advanced Mock Test|
|JEE Advanced Admit Card||JEE Advanced Rank Predictor|
|JEE Advanced Exam Pattern||JEE Advanced Answer Key|
|JEE Advanced Result||Top Engineering Colleges In India|