JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility
Candidates who are applying for JEE, they must Fulfill 5 Criteria to Appear In Exam. Do you know that JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility? If no, then go through this single page and get all the information now!!! JEE Advanced 2018 is a national level entrance exam conducted by the IIT, Kanpur in order to provide admission to the undergraduate courses leading to a UG, Integrated PG or UG-PG Dual Degree in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics offered by the IITs & ISM. Those candidates who will fail to satisfy JEE Advanced eligibility, they will be ineligible for the exam and will disqualify at that moment.
Those candidates who want to get admission, they can check the essential JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018 through this page which is well presented by the team of recruitmentresult.com and those who fulfill the criteria are required to go further to the applying procedure. Various JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria related to age, educational qualification, number of JEE Advanced attempts and more will have to be met by the candidates. To attempt the JEE Advanced examination, all candidates should have successfully qualified JEE Main 2018 examination by securing a position among the top 2,24,000 candidates.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility
JEE Advanced Eligibility includes 5 criterions. All the candidates must fulfill each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018. These criterions are-
- Performance in JEE Main 2018
- Appearance in 10+2 (or equivalent) Examination
- Age Limit
- Number of Attempts
- Earlier Admission at IITs
Get Best Answer: How To Get Admission In Engineering Colleges
Criterion1: Performance in JEE Main 2018
- The candidates will have to qualify JEE Main 2018 examination and be among the top 2,24,000 (including all categories) candidates.
- The percentages of various categories are: OBC-NCL (27%), SC (15%), ST (7.5%) and Open Category (50.5%).
- Within each of these categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
Category-Wise Distribution of Top 2,20,000 Candidates:
|Category||Number of “Top” Candidates||Total|
Check Here: Top Engineering Colleges In India
Criterion2: Appearance in Class XII
- Candidates who are applying for JEE Advanced 2018 should have appeared for the 10+2 (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018.
- However, those candidates whose 10+2 (or equivalent) examination results for the academic session of 2015 – 16 were declared after June 2016 will also be eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates must have appeared for 10+2 or equivalent examination in the year 2017 or 2018.
- Senior Secondary School Examination must be conducted by National Institute of Open Schooling with minimum five subjects.
- Candidates should be in top 20 percentile in their respective 12th standard (or equivalent) board examination (in five compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, a language or any subject (other than 4 above as mentioned).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by Board or University recognized by the AIUs.
- Final Examination of 2 year courses of Joint Services Wing under National Defence Academy.
- 3 year diploma course which is recognized by State Board of Technical Education or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at Advanced (A) level
- HSC Examination from Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma from International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates should have score minimum 75% aggregate marks for general category however for SC/ST/PwD category minimum aggregate marks required is 65% in 10+2 or equivalent examination then they will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018.
Get Details: Do you need Money for College Fee?
Criterion3: Age Limitation
- To get admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs, candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1993 according to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2018.
- Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1988.
Criterion4: Number of Attempts
- The entrance examination of JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum two times in consecutive years.
- Those candidates who attempted JEE Advanced examination for the first time in 2017 will also be eligible for the present session.
Check Here: Engineering Entrance Exams
Criterion5: Earlier Admission at IITs
- The candidates should not have been admitted in any IIT irrespective of whether he/she continued in the programme or not.
- IIT seat should also not have been accepted by the candidate in the past by reporting at the reporting centre.
- Those candidates whose admissions at IITs were cancelled will also not be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Those candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any IIT for the first time in 2017 will be allowed to appear for the JEE Advanced 2018 exam. T
- he admission authorities will also term those candidates who paid the seat acceptance fee but did not accept the seats (by not reporting at the reporting centres during JoSAA 2017) as eligible.
We wish ALL THE BEST to the candidates who are going to appear for the JEE Advanced 2018. If you have any query regarding it then you can ask our experts about it by giving your comments in below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On