Manipur Public Service Commission (Manipur PSC) is the state government organisation responsible for recruitment and promotion of State Civil Services officers. These officers play an important role in ministries and other major government offices.
Till Year 1972 UPSC functioned as PSC of Manipur as there was no Public Service Commission in the state of Manipur.
More information about Manipur PSC:
- Year of Establishment: 1972
- First Chairman: G.B.K Hooja (IAS)
- Address : North AOC, D.M. Road, Imphal-795001
- Official Website of Manipur PSC: www.mpscmanipur.gov.in
All latest updates about the recruitment notification are published on our website recruitmentresult.com. You can bookmark this page to get these updates as soon as possible.
The functions of the Manipur Public Service Commission are:
- Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the state.
- To be consulted by the State Government on the following issues.
- Matters related to methods of recruitment on civil services posts.
- Rules to be followed when making appointments, transfers and promotions on these posts.
- All disciplinary actions on these appointed employees.
- Any claim by a person, who is serving or has served the Government in a civil capacity.
- Any claim for the award of a pension in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving under the State Government in a civil capacity.
The State Public Service Commission functions as an advisory body. It has to advise on any matter, referred to it by the Government.
About Manipur: Manipur is a north eastern state of India. Its capital is Imphal. It is bounded by Nagaland, Mizoram and Assam. On its eastern side it touches Burma. Currently there are nine districts in Manipur. Manipur is known for its natural beauty.